Cleaning rwdc

ninjadip

Hydro Ninja
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
what can i use to aid in dissolving residual salts in my res? i'm doing a deep clean between grows right now, i have zero plants in system. i've already bleached and now have plain water in, but still have a bunch of salts on the bottom of each plant bucket.

Is there an at home alternative to buying a flushing product that will help me get rid of all the salts? don't really get why they won't dissolve in all that fresh water... i'm sure someone will explain it to me

what can i use to aid in dissolving residual salts in my res? i'm doing a deep clean between grows right now, i have zero plants in system. i've already bleached and now have plain water in, but still have a bunch of salts on the bottom of each plant bucket.

Is there an at home alternative to buying a flushing product that will help me get rid of all the salts? don't really get why they won't dissolve in all that fresh water... i'm sure someone will explain it to me
The salt build up is difficult to remove. Not complete sure of the reason but the best product I have found is Naccosan by Grow More. It is like 40 a gallon but it is only 1 once per gallon.

I just use a toilet brush. A new one obviously. :LOL:

A little elbow grease goes a long way.
lol
I've scrubbed the walls and they are clean but i can see salts just sitting on the bottom of clear water. Google said i could use ph down, vinegar, or a solution made for dissolving salts like florakleen. but just don't know about vinegar.... not sure how that helps in dissolving salts.

but i know you're a science guy moe, how can there be so much salt on the bottom that won't dissolve in 0.9 EC ? Is it because it's a specific "type" of salt or something? i have a feeling the salts are leftover from the bleach, despite a dump and fill.

The salt build up is difficult to remove. Not complete sure of the reason but the best product I have found is Naccosan by Grow More. It is like 40 a gallon but it is only 1 once per gallon.
Very interesting stuff!
Never heard of it before. So you know my pain about salt buildup! lol

Product Details​

Naccosan Disinfectant Cleaner

Active ingredients:
Alkyl (C14 50%; C1240%; C1610%)
Dimenthyl Benzyl Ammonium Chloride: 8.680%
Octyl Decyl Dimethyl Ammonium Chloride: 6.510%
DiQCtyl Dimethyl Ammonium Chloride: 3.255%
Didecyl Dimethyl Ammonium Chloride: 3.255%
Other Ingredients: 78.300%
TOTAL: 100.000%

I have never needed to use anything but a brush and a shop vac to get it empty.

image.jpg

image.jpg

That bucket was recently removed from my system to make room for a soil side by side.

The white stuff on top comes off with hot water and a brush. What does yours look like?

I have never needed to use anything but a brush and a shop vac to get it empty.

View attachment 12583

View attachment 12584

That bucket was recently removed from my system to make room for a soil side by side.

The white stuff on top comes off with hot water and a brush. What does yours look like?
Have water in it now, but I'm planning on draining again tomorrow. Just didn't want to disconnect the pipes from the bullheads if I didn't have to just to drain the last bit but I guess I need to.

Took the air stone out to get a clear pic.PXL_20230711_032146936.jpg

Have water in it now, but I'm planning on draining again tomorrow. Just didn't want to disconnect the pipes from the bullheads if I didn't have to just to drain the last bit but I guess I need to.
Shop vac will vacuum up the remaining bit of water, not sure i understand?

That works too. I have an empty pump plumbed from the res to the drain, it gets 90% of it.
That's what I use every time. That last 10% is a bitch though lol. Just remembered I got this real tiny pump I was going to use for one of those self contained ecosystems in a jar to run the little waterfall. That pump should do the trick.

Nutrient SALTS

Salt is alkaline. Vinegar is acidic. Acid will remove salt.

Pour some vinegar on salt. Let it soak in. Add a little more to replace whatever is evaporating and use a small brush with stiff plastic bristles....like a toilet bowl or kitchen sink brush. Rinse with more vinegar until salt is gone. Rinse with clean water.

Get back to where you once belong, GET BACK JOJO!

God damn GTF back! lol

@Moe.Red was right and @Rootsruler it took some elbow cleaning, back breaking, god damnit, and some cleaning help. I don't have any vinegar so i used ph down to do the same thing. Put my big boy dish gloves on and got to scrubbing after i got them all bone dry.

fyi... i'm part drunk lol and buzzed. love you guys!!!!!! Got a good deal on IPAs at my local Costco and complied like a good boy

Edit: I should add I'm kind of celebrating cause these look so clean and I have four healthy af plants to go in there. God damn life is great sometimes
View attachment PXL_20230711_221100541.mp4
View attachment PXL_20230711_232212492.mp4

PXL_20230711_222533778.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230711_221100541.mp4
    108.9 MB
Back
Top Bottom