Elusives perpetual grow

elusive

Dank Daredevil
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Hoping to keep a nice detailed journey here if my various grows, and log some numbers to see the progression over time.

My most recent harvest was:

1 Silver Alert: 1.5 ounces (was a clone I took from the previous grow)
3 gg4 x Cinderella man: 3.5 ounces

All 4 were grown in a 2x4’ tent using a vivosun vs2000 led light, in 3 gallon pots, using the bottom feeding method.

Right now I have 3 grows going on:

4x4’ tent:
Photoperiods
4 mandarin cookies x lilac diesel (from NASC)
5 gallon fabric pots using happy frog soil and bottom feeding method (pics will come after I feed them)

2x4’ tent:
Photoperiods
2 Gary Payton x okie (trustfall)
7 gallon fabric pots using happy frog in one, and ocean forest in the other.

Doing the bottom feeding method as well.

9D39ADBA-82EB-472B-A797-3C2939B449D7.jpeg
5154D5A1-52CE-4FDF-8BA1-28D36B7C886C.jpeg
Doing some training here, just repotted them the other day. Roughly 3 weeks old, give or take.

Outside greenhouse/outside
Autoflowers
3 sour apple x mint jelly (NASC)
3 gallon pots using happy frog. Top watering method.

2AB5B202-2DE7-48D0-A6FE-05E4ED5E1A16.jpeg

8058C285-627E-448E-9B00-A557F4982785.jpeg

First plant is about 2 months old, give or take a week or 2. She’ll prob be ready to chop in 2 weeks or so.

Second plant: week 1, maybe 2.

I have another inside in a peat cup that’s somewhat struggling. I had another seed give me issues when I planted the other 2.

The third is in my backyard, and since it’s dark out, I don’t have a pic tonight. It’s the same age as the first pic, but significantly further behind. First pic plant started off in a tent while the other started off in the greenhouse, and then eventually shifted to full on outside.

My silver alert clone had some seeds in her (only 3), so I tossed 2 in some soil last night night to see if they pop. If they do, I’ll put them in the greenhouse.

That’s all for now!

Hey everyone!

Hoping to keep a nice detailed journey here if my various grows, and log some numbers to see the progression over time.

My most recent harvest was:

1 Silver Alert: 1.5 ounces (was a clone I took from the previous grow)
3 gg4 x Cinderella man: 3.5 ounces

All 4 were grown in a 2x4’ tent using a vivosun vs2000 led light, in 3 gallon pots, using the bottom feeding method.

Right now I have 3 grows going on:

4x4’ tent:
Photoperiods
4 mandarin cookies x lilac diesel (from NASC)
5 gallon fabric pots using happy frog soil and bottom feeding method (pics will come after I feed them)

2x4’ tent:
Photoperiods
2 Gary Payton x okie (trustfall)
7 gallon fabric pots using happy frog in one, and ocean forest in the other.

Doing the bottom feeding method as well.

View attachment 8075
View attachment 8076
Doing some training here, just repotted them the other day. Roughly 3 weeks old, give or take.

Outside greenhouse/outside
Autoflowers
3 sour apple x mint jelly (NASC)
3 gallon pots using happy frog. Top watering method.

View attachment 8077

View attachment 8078

First plant is about 2 months old, give or take a week or 2. She’ll prob be ready to chop in 2 weeks or so.

Second plant: week 1, maybe 2.

I have another inside in a peat cup that’s somewhat struggling. I had another seed give me issues when I planted the other 2.

The third is in my backyard, and since it’s dark out, I don’t have a pic tonight. It’s the same age as the first pic, but significantly further behind. First pic plant started off in a tent while the other started off in the greenhouse, and then eventually shifted to full on outside.

My silver alert clone had some seeds in her (only 3), so I tossed 2 in some soil last night night to see if they pop. If they do, I’ll put them in the greenhouse.

That’s all for now!
Welcome to bud builders, pictures are good

Do you know what burned/touched that big fan leaf and tip of sugar leaf.
Just curious..

If you’re talking about the auto flower that’s in flower, I’m assuming it’s from the heat. It got to be 126F in there one day and fried half of my plants. Oops!

It’s been like that for about 2-3 weeks now, and hasn’t gotten worse.

Looking good! Welcome to Bud Builders!

I like the shelf you're using in your tent to raise the pots. It looks like it would be great for air flow and trays or saucers underneath would be easily accessible for cleaning. What is it and where can I get one?

Looking good! Welcome to Bud Builders!

I like the shelf you're using in your tent to raise the pots. It looks like it would be great for air flow and trays or saucers underneath would be easily accessible for cleaning. What is it and where can I get one?

It’s just some cinder blocks and a light grate. The grate is a 2x4’ that I got from Home Depot. It’s meant for overhead lighting, but works well as a plant riser / platform for bottom feeding

Welcome @elusive ! Thanks for sharing your grow 🥰

Thanks granny 🥰

So I just snapped a pic of my thermometer from my greenhouse:

4D169756-91BF-4167-9377-63D457DE0322.jpeg

It’s 72F outside, 113.7F in there currently (door is open, windows are open), and the hottest was 126.3F

I do have a portable ac in there, but it might drop it 10 degrees if I’m lucky (12000 btu). I’m not sure a normal window unit would do much since it’s just in the sun from sun up til sun down.

Fortunately, the weed plants (and other herbs and spices) don’t seem to mind the heat, and there is the decent breeze that flows through since I keep the door open all day.

The ac also acts as a heater, so at night I do use it to make sure it’s at least 67F. Unsure how well it will do in the winter time since the roof isn’t air tight (it’s the plastic ridged greenhouse panels, and the walls aren’t insulated) but we’ll see. My buddy and I are going to tile the floor next weekend in there just to keep the wood floor protected from any water that might spill.

Last night I did some trimming and training to the photoperiods:

9B7002E0-E912-43EA-A990-69037523496B.jpeg

F73CBEB0-1B5C-4E99-88C6-A6F0C0F2FA03.jpeg

I need to do the pair on the left next. One of the plants I got a little too cavalier with the training, thinking there was enough pliability on the main stalk, and it ended snapping cleanly off. The silver lining was that it was at the 5th node, so I essentially topped it 🤷‍♂️ the snapped part will make a good clone though.

Thanks granny 🥰

So I just snapped a pic of my thermometer from my greenhouse:

View attachment 8444

It’s 72F outside, 113.7F in there currently (door is open, windows are open), and the hottest was 126.3F

I do have a portable ac in there, but it might drop it 10 degrees if I’m lucky (12000 btu). I’m not sure a normal window unit would do much since it’s just in the sun from sun up til sun down.

Fortunately, the weed plants (and other herbs and spices) don’t seem to mind the heat, and there is the decent breeze that flows through since I keep the door open all day.

The ac also acts as a heater, so at night I do use it to make sure it’s at least 67F. Unsure how well it will do in the winter time since the roof isn’t air tight (it’s the plastic ridged greenhouse panels, and the walls aren’t insulated) but we’ll see. My buddy and I are going to tile the floor next weekend in there just to keep the wood floor protected from any water that might spill.

Last night I did some trimming and training to the photoperiods:

View attachment 8446

View attachment 8445

I need to do the pair on the left next. One of the plants I got a little too cavalier with the training, thinking there was enough pliability on the main stalk, and it ended snapping cleanly off. The silver lining was that it was at the 5th node, so I essentially topped it 🤷‍♂️ the snapped part will make a good clone though.
Holy smokes on ya temps! I’m not surprised about their heat tolerance now that I think of it. Look at all those old genetics that did well in basically desert conditions. You are right about the air movement, that’s what saves your bacon 🙂
The ladies are looking lovely!
What area are you in?

I knew a guy who used an old garage door opener to open windows at the top of his greenhouse. Does your greenhouse have windows that open at the top? There are also greenhouse shade cloths that are like tarps that can be spread over the top of a greenhouse, like this:

1687108351760.png

Holy smokes on ya temps! I’m not surprised about their heat tolerance now that I think of it. Look at all those old genetics that did well in basically desert conditions. You are right about the air movement, that’s what saves your bacon 🙂
The ladies are looking lovely!
What area are you in?

I’m in New England. And for sure about the air! The day half of my seedlings died is because I didn’t open the door or windows. Lesson learned (though it didn’t really set me back because all my outdoor plants were basically stunted until about 2 weeks ago).

I knew a guy who used an old garage door opener to open windows at the top of his greenhouse. Does your greenhouse have windows that open at the top? There are also greenhouse shade cloths that are like tarps that can be spread over the top of a greenhouse, like this:

View attachment 8455

So my greenhouse is a budget one. It’s 8x8’ and goes 8 ft tall to 6.5-7 feet tall (sloped down southward). 2 walls are just outdoor/treated plywood, one wall has 3 windows in it (about half size of normal house windows), and the other wall has a window and the screen door.

I could put a shade cloth over it (I probably wouldn’t hang it up inside, though that might be the only option now that I’m thinking about it), but I also don’t think I’ll have too many more plants in there besides these autos (and maybe some photo clones), but I can easily just move them to my deck on hot days.

Definitely some things to think about!

I think if I remember correctly it comes in 50-70-90% uv .and in 3 different Color’s.white black and green..I’m not quite sure which one I used but I reckon I would of went the 50% .as I didn’t want to cut down on the uv too much…was over a couple hundred for 10 metres .it doesn’t go very far and I didn’t put it up till those hot days came.I set it up so I could take it down.I sandwiched it between 2 flat boards and screwed them up tight..sorry no pics..was awhile ago..I used it more to hide than from heat but it did help the girls out

Thanks man! Took me a hot minute. Some folks on the farm seemed to know where to go, but wouldn’t tell me. Now I see why lol.

Glad to be here with all the familiar faces. Too bad gnick is still over there.

Yeah, it's unfortunate and it is what it is at this point. We've been trying our best to run covert ops and get some of the folks over here but the trust fund over at the Farm are doing what they can to circumvent peoples privacy to put and end to it.

The whole greenhouse may not need to be covered. Maybe just the side with the most sun? Shade cloths can be had for $20 on Amazon.

Some folks on the farm seemed to know where to go, but wouldn’t tell me. Now I see why lol.
I was one of those. I knew that even my PMs were being monitored. Some were deleted. I didn't even know how to explain the situation without being banned. Trying to word around it didn't work out well, either. I eventually found this site by searching for @Moe.Red and a few others who I knew were gone.

I’m in New England. And for sure about the air! The day half of my seedlings died is because I didn’t open the door or windows. Lesson learned (though it didn’t really set me back because all my outdoor plants were basically stunted until about 2 weeks ago).

So my greenhouse is a budget one. It’s 8x8’ and goes 8 ft tall to 6.5-7 feet tall (sloped down southward). 2 walls are just outdoor/treated plywood, one wall has 3 windows in it (about half size of normal house windows), and the other wall has a window and the screen door.

I could put a shade cloth over it (I probably wouldn’t hang it up inside, though that might be the only option now that I’m thinking about it), but I also don’t think I’ll have too many more plants in there besides these autos (and maybe some photo clones), but I can easily just move them to my deck on hot days.

Definitely some things to think about!
look for a product called Alumashade. It can be made in custom sizes, I used it to lower the heat in my greenhouse years ago and it also comes in different shade percentages. Greenhouses are not nearly as easy to work with as many think. I had a 7'x15' x 7' Amazon hoop style many years ago. I ran it for about 16 months and 4 grows. I was doing light dep and going out every morning and taking the tarps off and putting them back on every night really got old. I did not try running an AC but I did hook up several Exhaust fans. I was using a simple controller for turning the exhaust fans on and off. I had trouble getting the thing under 90 degrees in July and August in socal near the beach. I think you need something like 2 air changes a minute to really get decent temperatures. I had a 4" and a 6" exhaust. Something like 600 CFM's of air moving thru about 600 Cubic feet of greenhouse and it was just not enough.

Yeah, it's unfortunate and it is what it is at this point. We've been trying our best to run covert ops and get some of the folks over here but the trust fund over at the Farm are doing what they can to circumvent peoples privacy to put and end to it.
Maybe we should make fake accounts for the people we want over here and let logic scare/threaten them away 🤣

Nightly update:

4x4’ tent (mandarin cookies x lilac diesel):

D07E753E-0C2B-4D39-8327-B0961F7DA8C1.jpeg

So yesterday I had to go into work, and didn’t get out until 1:30 am, so I didn’t get a chance to checkup on the plants. This is what I saw an hour ago. OOPS!

I immediately fed them, and 55 minutes later:
B7B00C2D-0D1C-4730-940F-2AE767E08A19.jpeg

What a bunch of drama queens 😅

AA036342-E84B-4555-A9BC-51BCD9EAABCC.jpeg

The other pair is bottom feeding it seems, though it probably wouldn’t hurt to give them a small top feeding. I’ll see how they look tomorrow.

Clones:
2149F125-4D5C-4346-8EE5-578280F4136C.jpeg
Just clones of mandarin cookies x lilac diesel. 2-3 are for friends, the rest is for the outdoor greenhouse / melon patch.

Next up, the 2x4’ tent (Gary Peyton x WC):
3C578C56-070B-4A63-889F-1CCA284694D6.jpeg

EAC19A9E-6A73-4BCA-8FF7-0CD6DAA36895.jpeg

Haven’t touched them in a few days, but they’re looking swell.

Autoflowers (sour apple x mint jelly):
7FA52991-C88F-4116-9C27-0945A1E73C35.jpeg

27F050EC-51E1-4424-9757-22DD484B02D7.jpeg

I didn’t get a chance to snap a pic of the outdoor plant as it was raining and now it’s dark. These 2 are doing well, though! The other is doing fine, just some aphid damage on the leaves.

Silver Alert photo round 3:
93AB7247-18C9-4D4E-BF99-0592C8FFEE3A.jpeg
29711930-5912-482F-BF01-063AFD23982E.jpeg

My 2x4’ has light leaks in it, so my plants tend to get bananas in there. Typically I’ve chopped a few days early which prevented any seeds from forming (or maybe I’ve just gotten lucky) but this time I ended up with potentially 3 viable seeds, so I sowed 2 the other night to see if they’d pop, and they did.

Idk if these would be female seeds or not since they came from bananas most likely, so they’ll be greenhouse plants this time.

I think that’s all for now!

Nightly update:

Photoperiods:

4x4’ tent (mandarin cookies x lilac diesel):
5A912822-AD88-4F4B-A282-06C935018A92.jpeg

1B548015-A398-4C42-859B-F49E2E8D9F0C.jpeg

Had to water the right side. I’m not sure if the roots haven’t made their way far enough down yet, or if I need to add more wicks. I’ll investigate that this weekend.

Aside from that, they’re doing good. I haven’t done any trimming or training yet since they’ve all been stressed within the last few days.

2x4’ tent (Gary Peyton x Wedding Cake):

8196B5A3-B8BE-4CEE-978F-80CE5BB6C2FE.jpeg

7913CF82-649C-4B6C-B644-44019C4A1DCF.jpeg

Did some training and I think I removed a leaf from each. Bottom feeding like champs.

Clones (mandarin cookies x lilac diesel):
A11E324E-1A66-454C-B4E0-049AE10C82B2.jpeg

One is slumped over in the back, and the rest are nice and perky. I’m not too concerned with the slumper as it seems to be normal with my method. She’ll prob bounce back in a day or 3.

(My method, if anyone is wondering, is soaking the cuttings in water for 4-8 hours then just plop them in dirt)

Autos (sour apple x mint jelly):
648F1F88-95C9-4EEF-8BC2-F93055A181DF.jpeg
17C5FBAA-0271-4A01-9203-20FE6938E88F.jpeg

These 2 are doing well. I need to water them before I go to bed. The outside one is doing good still, I just never remember to take a pic when it’s light out lol

It’s been a quick minute since I updated this thread - been working on the outdoor garden and some haha neglected these lol.

Anyway!

Nightly update:

4x4 tent (mandarin cookies x lilac diesel):

6C1A8F8A-DAE8-4D9A-BAB1-209FE1F0354D.jpeg

5640B9D9-C6F5-4F43-B89A-DFE42D8A75EB.jpeg

The left side needed to be watered from the top because I ignored them for a week and they drank all the food from the bucket.

The right side seems to be doing just fine now. Did some more training and that’s about it.

2x4’ tent (Gary Peyton x wedding cake):
EA8CF291-4336-413E-B00A-DD3CA506CF2C.jpeg

CDB77AD9-37B4-4A10-930E-E1D1F4F9655D.jpeg

So these girls are already tall enough to where if I flip now, they’d outgrow the tent.

I think I’m going to move them to the greenhouse and let them run their cycle until fall. I have some stakes I can use to create a trellis top over them.

50E0F34D-23BF-4E57-8C51-9ECA8CB7A5F2.jpeg

FC486F0F-B1A4-4DDA-8453-33E30B28CCA8.jpeg

The top pic has a pretty diesel kola growing, and the smaller buds are a pretty good size.

The younger one is growing quickly as well! The one that’s outdoor is flowering, but looks all kinds of weird lol. I’ll try to snap a pic of it tomorrow (it’s been raining the last few days here). I did move it into my newly made melon patch, so I’m hoping that helped it out.

Silver alert (seeds from a nanner’d plant):

2010A93A-A201-42CB-B0A4-0280BC8EB47B.jpeg
71D1C81B-A698-461F-BF0E-958F5A213960.jpeg

They need to be repotted soon - so I’ll prob toss them into solo cups this week, and then put them in the 2x4’ that the Gary Peyton’s are in when I bring them out to the greenhouse.

As for the clones: one officially died, another is on the way, but I have 3 that look like they’re going to make it. I should know 100% by next weekend.

Anyway, that’s all for now!

Nightly updates:

4x4’ tent (mandarin cookies x lilac diesel photos):
EA8C5B5A-B0E9-4848-BFE9-76DBCC3B8747.jpeg

50E6C66F-2974-4404-AF68-41016520728E.jpeg

These girls are doing pretty good. Haven’t put a lot of attention on them this last week, but I’m off work this week so I’ll be tending to them more.

2x4’ tent (Gary Peyton x wedding cake):
E637E4EC-1A72-4818-996C-83C8222ADD33.jpeg

361A4F5F-3439-44A5-A0F2-E1B3CCA13793.jpeg

So I poked my head in this morning and I see these flowering! 😡

Turns out I’m a complete dingus and I never put the timer on an 18 hour schedule and left it on a 12 hour cycle. Fuck.

So what are my options? I was initially going to move them outside to my greenhouse, but since we’re still getting over 15 hours of sunlight, wouldn’t that make them reveg? Would it be enough time to get them to reveg then start flowering again? I think I’d be cutting it close if I go outdoors.

I guess I just let it run and continue on this way. I feel like this is a complete waste of 14 gallons of soil. Live and learn I guess.

On the bright side, they look healthy.

A2118929-7D82-422E-9739-980CF483C898.jpeg

Finally got a picture of the always outside plant. She looks okay, but definitely not much is gonna come out of her it seems.

5C6BD5D5-62B5-421B-8668-C2815B520AC9.jpeg

This girl, on the other hand, is likely getting chopped in the next day or 2.

34A3A42B-F535-4CBD-943D-D863B05107A6.jpeg

The young’n is growing nicely as well.

Silver alert’s (seeds from a hermie/nanner):
9B5E1C1C-8C89-4544-B378-B3C701372EF4.jpeg

Finally put them into solo cups. One of them got super leggy and looked like it was damping off, but she seems to have stabilized and is enjoying her new home.

That’s all for now!

Nightly/weekly update:

6F87E3C2-1874-44DB-B55F-C6C06B91A93E.jpeg

She’s growing up so fast 🥲

She’s the third of the group. The second is outside but it’s dark and raining, so I’m not able to get a pic now. She’s doing alright though.

The first of the group was finally cut tonight:
1A99B777-D6E1-4C26-8F8A-5391565ADD04.jpeg

Hoping to get at least an ounce off her. She had some fat buds, so we’ll see how much was due to water.

Silver alert (seeds from a nanner):
46FA4107-8A30-4577-99DB-384431403A38.jpeg

They’re doing pretty good. I’ll be putting them in 5 gal bags this week.

2x4’ tent (Gary Peyton x Wedding Cake):
8B24ED36-CC92-4907-8972-D859B278F41B.jpeg

87CA747D-50D4-4445-93B5-CA4FD3E45966.jpeg

They’re doing good, even though I’m still mad at my mistake of keeping the light at 12/12 😅 I’ll have to net these tomorrow as the buds are already causing stress on the branches.

4x4 tent (photos, mandarin cookies x lilac diesel):

83D4F27C-BCD9-4F50-82C9-4E78E9A25EEA.jpeg

8EEF1BE6-351C-4B23-B747-F9C74245BC71.jpeg

These girls are bushing out pretty good. I think I’m going to remove the bottom watering setup and just do top watering since I messed up my 2x4’ by putting them in flower right away. This will give me another 5-6” of growth to hopefully get a higher yield to make up for the other tent.

The clones are still alive (well, 2 out of 5):
B0B85846-1EA6-4142-B193-3FC1B01519F0.jpeg
545C6182-9D25-4B54-8E5B-97ADF97F64A0.jpeg
One is still slouching a bit, but she’s been flip flopping the last week.

I’m not 100% sure when I’ll be flipping this tent. They’re at about 6 weeks into veg now (not the clones, obviously lol), so if I hold off until the end of the month, that’ll put them at 9 weeks, which they might be a good size by then. I need to do some trimming this week as well.

That’s all for now!

Nightly update!

Only updating on the mandarin cookies x lilac diesel since nothing else has really changed since last night.

53479EED-B548-4353-9F0D-C3488F9171BB.jpeg

3CBD7C72-37BE-47D9-AAC4-BA84A7A561D5.jpeg

Did some trimming and training tonight. Got rid of quite a bit, but it was needed. All plants have been topped, some have been topped on multiple branches.

Tomorrow I’ll get that bottom watering system out of there and then give them a fresh dose of nutrient rich water (well, if they need it by then).

Nightly update:

Silver alert (from nanner seeds):

8D4260E9-4BB6-4E0D-896C-64E0308F271B.jpeg

They’re doing good still, but I really need to put them in 5 gallon bags.

Gary Peyton x wedding cake:
78CFB49D-3AFE-4905-9EF7-CA39621EE16E.jpeg

They’re doing good still. I should get an okay yield from these even after my goof.

Sour apple x mint jelly auto:

2B011E87-381D-42CF-86D9-00B89698193A.jpeg

She’s flowering now. Should have an early to mid September harvest off her.

The one that’s outside seems to have bud rot. Fortunately it’s on a lower larfy branch, so I’m gonna go snip that off in the morning.

Mandarin cookies x lilac diesel:
A79693EE-EB66-41D4-ADFD-D31CE178E701.jpeg
EEB372C0-0096-41A7-940B-99FF0A0B118A.jpeg

They’re all recovering nicely from the training and trimming. I may poke around them tonight and see if there’s anything I can do.

Clones of the above:
CC2CF0D4-001B-4B20-8C2E-0DC6A6C937E8.jpeg

Still alive! Probably another week or so before transplanting them.

That’s all for now!

Nightly update:

4x4 tent:

Mandarin cookies x lilac diesel:
B2CD3351-1AEB-4773-B90E-ECD0818E054C.jpeg
Did some trimming and training tonight, and also deconstructed the self watering rig. Removing the rig gives me a little more room to move them around when they get bigger.

The clones are doing okay. One is showing new growth now:
3C43347B-AB40-4A58-B4BB-EE33FA849CA2.jpeg

2x4 tent: Gary Peyton x wedding cake

6EB589F9-1CDD-48FF-B505-08C32B7A205C.jpeg
6033A4EB-9881-49E3-B2CF-4739154AA890.jpeg

They’re blooming pretty good, they’re also starting to stink 🤤

Greenhouse:

Sour apple x mint jelly auto:
CC8DDA9E-C62A-4891-BD86-B3142315BBBC.jpeg

She’s looking mighty good.

Silver alerts (nanner seeds):

BA2F2302-179E-4D9B-9D3C-5DAD515A6E74.jpeg

8DDF2451-D9D2-43DF-80F0-D61834DDF28B.jpeg

Finally put them into 5 gallon bags yesterday. They’re doing alright so far.

Back
Top Bottom