Seven weeks have passed since the flip. It's looking like I either needed to veg a little longer or needed to add a couple more plants. Space is not as tight as I typically have it.
IMG_7883.jpeg

There are a couple of photogenic girls in the group. First the "fast" Rhombus:
TheRhombusEarly_wk7.jpeg
This girl will probably be done in 9 weeks. I've grown this strain twice and I seem to be getting the same two phenos -- a fast pheno, with small, golf ball buds and a slow pheno, who develops more of a cola. Both do the job for me. This is the fast one. She's fruity with some background garlic-stank. The other, who isn't quite as photogenic, is more garlic-stank.

This is the same bud as the "happy new year" post, above. It is Character Zero - the wide-leaf pheno.
CZwide_7wks.jpeg
Armpit/fuel/stinkfoot stank is her calling card. I think she'll go another 4 weeks, maybe 3. Her coloration seems to be completely from exposure to the LEDs. The temperature in the tent never dropped below about 75 F during this grow.

The rest of the plants have the nerve to just be green with some fading yellow leaves. Oh well. They all smell great. Lemon, fruits, stinky feet and garlic. Tis the season.

I've come to two conclusions about this grow:
  1. I didn't veg long enough or didn't have enough plants in the tent to fill it.
  2. I'm still getting some P lockout from too much Ca, which also may be locking out other nutes.
Time to bite the bullet and get a RO filter.

Here's the gang.
IMG_7889.jpeg

Some extreme P deficiency symptoms:
IMG_7890.jpeg

One girl is showing amber already, at 8 weeks. She'll get the ax next week. No one else is as close.

I've been somewhat discouraged with this grow since realizing lockout got me again -- though this time later in flower than in the past. Time to spring for an RO filter. Regardless, the plants seem like they're going to be deadly.

One Lemon Jeffrey came down last night at 9.5 weeks. She had about 10% amber on calyx trichs, but she still had a few white stigmas, which kept me from chopping her until last night. Then I thought about the shitty dispensary weed I'd been smoking, and decided this girl had to die.
LJ1_mainbud.jpeg
This is her main bud. Fan leaves have totally faded.

In spite of P lockout (and maybe other nutrients) she has nice buds pretty deep into the plant. I think this is from the bar-style light rather than the genetics. Light penetration seems to be better than any light I've had before.
LJ19.5wks.jpeg
LJ1_branches.jpeg

I can't identify any other terps than limonene, but there might be some orange in the background.

All in all, an easy grow. Too bad about the lockout. I'll have to start another crop right after this one, or smoke dispensary weed this summer.
LJ1_sidebud.jpeg

All in all, an easy grow. Too bad about the lockout. I'll have to start another crop right after this one, or smoke dispensary weed this summer.
I vote for start another grow!
You always pump out amazing looking buds man, that Lemon Jeffery looks so damn good. I can not wait to get mine in the mail😍🤩

I vote for start another grow!
You always pump out amazing looking buds man, that Lemon Jeffery looks so damn good. I can not wait to get mine in the mail😍🤩
I love high limonene strains. The problem with this one and the regular version, Lemon Sunrise, is the temptation to wake-and-bake is extreme. Doing a hit is like having two cups of coffee.

I love high limonene strains. The problem with this one and the regular version, Lemon Sunrise, is the temptation to wake-and-bake is extreme. Doing a hit is like having two cups of coffee.
High limonene strains😍😍
This sounds right up my alley.
You recommended that i get some Irie stuff back at the other place, still havent gotten to buying some yet, but thanks to SSHZ Ill get to try some Lemon Jeffery fems and im super stoked about it.

They've got an inventory clearance going on now, at the direct sales site:

Yesterday, I ordered 4 packs of seeds, thinking $30/pack was a great price (normally about $80). Now they're down to $25/pack.

The site with strain descriptions is here: https://iriegenetics.com/

For some reason, the payment method they use does not allow strain descriptions on the direct sales site.

Another two down. One was the other Rhombus. This is The Wombat. In spite of P lockout, and whatever other lockout, she doesn't look like she yielded too badly. Obviously a compact, bushy plant.
Wombat_10wks.jpeg
She's fruity with some fuel scent in the background.

Many years ago, I grew a pack of NYC diesel bred by Sannie's right-hand man (Knutsel?). I was deeply unimpressed. Hopefully this cross is more impressive (NYCD x Afterglow).

Wombat_mainbud.jpeg
For you deficiency symptom sleuths, I mistook the yellowing for a lack of N, so I got hooking before the tips started dying back from the P deficiency. This was an overabundance of Ca, so there could be other elements locked out, as well. I'll try her out next week.

This was the other Rhombus girl. I'll be sleeping well for a couple of months.
IMG_7930.jpeg
IMG_7933.jpeg
IMG_7928.jpeg
If you look at the Irie Genetics site, the pic they have for The Rhombus is mine from the last time I grew the strain. The colors are mostly from the P deficiency.

Back
Top Bottom