h4ck3r5 un1t3

tobh

Royale with Cheese
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
alright. i know i'm not the only one. y'all 3d printer guys have your space, and i know there are a handful of developers, engineers, and the like around here, so figured it's prime time to have a place to share projects, ideas, etc.

really, i'm starting this thread selfishly. I have an old Dish network antenna in my yard. I also have a serious need for wifi in my shop about 150 ft from the dish, and about 100ft from the nearest access point. Don't know about y'all but when wifi is life, this is a problem with an almost pre-installed solution. So, I'm diving into the world of parabolas and will be gutting a couple pieces of old networking equipment I have to figure out what, if anything, I can use to fix this serious pain point. I've found plenty of youtube videos on using the dish as the receiver for the signal, but in my case I want to use it to broadcast the signal. Should work in theory, so long there's something capable of receiving on the other end, no?

any hardware hackers around these parts that has done something similar?

Have you tried a wifi booster? We have to have one to even get wifi upstairs in my old ass, thick walled house lol. Need another on the porch so I can have wifi in my back yard since my service is either shit or I'm bouncing off a Canadian tower and my phone welcomes me to Canada. šŸ¤£

Back
Top Bottom