Increase rate of Heart Failure by 34% for weed smoke/vapers the study says

SiamSam

Hide the Roaches
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score

So, it turns out that getting stoned a lot, particularly when you are old isn't too good for the average guy. Risk of stroke and heart attack is some serious shit. I think moderate use is probably OK, but maybe not. I've been using filters on joints for a while, that may or may not help. Congrats to Ohio for legalizing the 3rd most popular drug worldwide.
Top Stories

So, it turns out that getting stoned a lot, particularly when you are old isn't too good for the average guy. Risk of stroke and heart attack is some serious shit. I think moderate use is probably OK, but maybe not. I've been using filters on joints for a while, that may or may not help. Congrats to Ohio for legalizing the 3rd most popular drug worldwide.

Top Stories

I was thinking about this today. I was actually curious to know if weed helped with cancer, as a deterrent basically. sucks to know about causing heart attacks and strokes. smoking really makes me cough a lot when smoking it. I guess if i gotta go i always said i was going on my own terms. if i'm high when it happens, cool.

I don’t believe any of this BS. They always come out with some scare tactics with Cannabis. It’s medicine.
The American Heart association is just saying what the study shows in the heart realm. That doesnt make mj any more or less effective for pain relief or other teatments. There will be more studies, and more uses for cannabis as a healing drug.

Yep^, I am Just amazed at the Medical Community, they recognize cannabis but then as the nurses association certify this treatment, they begin to relate "Addiction awareness" and these other negative aspects to their regimen only confusing the community?? SSgrower

I read a few of these articles and not one goes into detail about how THC causes heart problems. I get the tar and smoke aspect of joints causing issues, but what about vaping and edibles? They say they still cause problems but wont say why? Maybe I missed that part.

"Those with cannabis use disorder who suffered a heart attack or stroke were more likely to be Black patients, with AIDS, alcohol or drug abuse, depression or high blood pressure, the study found.". So it could bery well be the other co-morbidities that causes this increase in heart attacks.

"Whether marijuana actually causes cardiovascular problems is still up in the air, according to Paul Armentano, deputy director of NORML, which advocates for the legalization of marijuana.
Armentano noted that a study published in the October issue of the journal Circulation found no increased risk of heart issues among marijuana users. Other studies have also failed to show an association between the drug and cardiovascular events, he said.
"My presumption is it's the association with other unhealthy behaviors rather than cannabis use per se that is driving the association highlighted in these latest AHA papers," he explained.
It is well known that inhaling cannabis by a vaporizer significantly mitigates exposure to combustion, and the use of herbal cannabis vaporizers has been determined to be safe and effective, Armentano said. "

I went to the doc and my blood pressure was perfect and I've been smoking for over 10 years. Me thinks there is some BS involved with this study. Will def be interested in further studies and debates over this. In the meantime, I will still smoke, though I've been vaping more lately anyway cuz I already know smoking by itself is bad.

I just blow smoke at those reports....literally.;)

After reading it you realize the numbers need some sort of context like, say, the dude in the test that died was already suffering from heart disease or whatever other related issues that brought it on.

Like anything, weed may not be conducive to some.

After reading it you realize the numbers need some sort of context like, say, the dude in the test that died was already suffering from heart disease or whatever other related issues that brought it on.

Imo, if weed caused heart disease, lots of potheads would be having heart attacks, but alas noone ever mentions heart issues amongst weed smokers as a "thing". AKA everything in moderation and the people in those studies probably had co-morbidities that makes their theory muted.

Weed leads to oreos, doritoes, and all kinds of other bad shit. 😄 I'd like to see a study on edibles vs smoking...

I have to think inhaling any warm or hot substance can’t be helping my lungs which is why I’m always looking for a better way to eat the product rather than smoke.

I feel my own physical condition (heart and lungs) has been negatively impacted by cannabis use. But that’s my own personal experience, others my find otherwise.

Imo, if weed caused heart disease, lots of potheads would be having heart attacks, but alas noone ever mentions heart issues amongst weed smokers as a "thing". AKA everything in moderation and the people in those studies probably had co-morbidities that makes their theory muted.
My response to the report would be "Go talk to the Rastafarians....."

I have to think inhaling any warm or hot substance can’t be helping my lungs which is why I’m always looking for a better way to eat the product rather than smoke.

I feel my own physical condition (heart and lungs) has been negatively impacted by cannabis use. But that’s my own personal experience, others my find otherwise.
Cannabis has anti-inflammatory properties. Gave a CBD pen to an ex that had COPD. She was using her nebulizer every few months. After she was hitting her CBD vape for a few weeks she said her shortness of breath was easing and after a year or so she put her nebulizer away.

Cannabis has anti-inflammatory properties. Gave a CBD pen to an ex that had COPD. She was using her nebulizer every few months. After she was hitting her CBD vape for a few weeks she said her shortness of breath was easing and after a year or so she put her nebulizer away.
Glad to hear that@rootsruler

Even if Cannabis did cause heart problems (which i dont buy into), look what it does for this guy!!
Cannabis is such amazing medicine

I don’t believe any of this BS. They always come out with some scare tactics with Cannabis. It’s medicine.

To be fair, opiates are also medicine. Just because something is classified as a medicine doesn’t make it safe. There is no safe smoke for your lungs.

Now that weed is legal, it’s giving people confidence to say they smoke it, which is probably attributing for the higher numbers, and also likely that these people had other things that helped in causing these issues. Kind of like if you died in a car accident but had covid, covid killed ya (in the early reporting of covid cases at least).

Kind of like if you died in a car accident but had covid, covid killed ya (in the early reporting of covid cases at least).
Had to get those numbers up somehow otherwise it wouldnt be scary enough. In BC they used to publish data in easy to read donut graphs. They stopped doing it eventually. This was the last one they ever published. Can't for the life of me figure out why they stopped giving us this info.
FXAjI6mUUAEHMi7.jpeg.jpg

Had to get those numbers up somehow otherwise it wouldnt be scary enough. In BC they used to publish data in easy to read donut graphs. They stopped doing it eventually. This was the last one they ever published. Can't for the life of me figure out why they stopped giving us this info.
View attachment 29489

I have an idea or 3 😅

Nope, wait.. I figured out why they stopped giving us this info.
View attachment 29498
If they’re worried about that, then they need to explain why it sways against vaccines and explain the data rather than let people make assumptions.

It’s as if they believe everyone is a stats major or educated in virology and medicine.

Back
Top Bottom