Increase rate of Heart Failure by 34% for weed smoke/vapers the study says

@Habosabin @Dirtbag you two got it for sure, its a hell of a coincidence. Funny how they are so quick to say "cannabis causes heart attacks cuz of a new study". But if you say lots of people who get vaxxed for covid get myocarditis they say "why dont you believe in SCIENCE" lmao.
My wife's cousin almost died with pericarditis a couple weeks after his last poke. Was in the hospital for months. In his early 30's, is still taking medication for it more than a year later, and they think his pericardium could be permanently damaged. Doctors don't know what caused it.

Funny how they are so quick to say "cannabis causes heart attacks cuz of a new study".

If you read beyond the headlines, they all say "could increase risk". It's a clickbait headline.

I think the issue is people think smoking weed is 100% without consequence, and it's not. Inhaling any kind of smoke / fumes over extended periods of time will increase your risk for lung or heart disease. Even breathing pure oxygen (and for a short period of time) can cause serious damage.

You'll also have die hard zealots on both sides. Anyone who thinks any vaccine is 100% safe is just being willfully ignorant. Same with those who think vaccines are useless and will get you sick. Everyone's body is different and will respond to things differently, so there is a possibility of someone getting sick, and to varying degrees. Even if it were 0.5% chance, out of 8 billion people, that's 400,000,000 people that will get sick, which is a lot. Science does support your

if you say lots of people who get vaxxed for covid get myocarditis

gripe. It's in the data, just hidden behind the benefits for the majority of people that a lot of people fail to see.

My wife's cousin almost died with pericarditis a couple weeks after his last poke. Was in the hospital for months. In his early 30's, is still taking medication for it more than a year later, and they think his pericardium could be permanently damaged. Doctors don't know what caused it.

Dude that sucks. Is there anything that can be done for him besides hoping medicine fixes it? Have the meds been helping him at all, or is it just keeping him from getting worse?

I have a friend who became diabetic after getting a flu shot. No family history of diabetes, was never diagnosed by doctors as pre-diabetic, but there she is. Doctors said the same thing. Unfortunately, even if they agree with you, they can't/won't say for fear of either legal reasons or public opinion of them.

If you read beyond the headlines, they all say "could increase risk". It's a clickbait headline.

I think the issue is people think smoking weed is 100% without consequence, and it's not. Inhaling any kind of smoke / fumes over extended periods of time will increase your risk for lung or heart disease. Even breathing pure oxygen (and for a short period of time) can cause serious damage.

You'll also have die hard zealots on both sides. Anyone who thinks any vaccine is 100% safe is just being willfully ignorant. Same with those who think vaccines are useless and will get you sick. Everyone's body is different and will respond to things differently, so there is a possibility of someone getting sick, and to varying degrees. Even if it were 0.5% chance, out of 8 billion people, that's 400,000,000 people that will get sick, which is a lot. Science does support your

gripe. It's in the data, just hidden behind the benefits for the majority of people that a lot of people fail to see.

Dude that sucks. Is there anything that can be done for him besides hoping medicine fixes it? Have the meds been helping him at all, or is it just keeping him from getting worse?

I have a friend who became diabetic after getting a flu shot. No family history of diabetes, was never diagnosed by doctors as pre-diabetic, but there she is. Doctors said the same thing. Unfortunately, even if they agree with you, they can't/won't say for fear of either legal reasons or public opinion of them.

I'm not sure what the future looks like for him, but he's functional on the drugs, able to work and play golf etc. They tried weening him off the medication but he couldn't walk up a set of stairs without getting dizzy and out of breath, so he went back on the meds.

Him and his entire family refuse to talk about the vax as possibly being the cause. My wife brought it up to her aunt, his mom when we were there visiting last August and she literally said to my wife something to the effect of "that's silly, I'm not entertaining that nonsense.. the doctors don't know what caused it, I'm sure if it was the vaccine they would have said so."

@Habosabin @Dirtbag you two got it for sure, its a hell of a coincidence. Funny how they are so quick to say "cannabis causes heart attacks cuz of a new study". But if you say lots of people who get vaxxed for covid get myocarditis they say "why dont you believe in SCIENCE" lmao.

I didn't like the mandate part. If some person who thinks they are at risk wants to take a new novel mRNA experimental vaccine more power to them. But forcing people to take it so they can provide for their family is vile.

I got the J&j vaccine due to mandatory travel bullshit. I had liberal friends say I took the wrong vaccine. That's how far down the narrative went.

I didn't like the mandate part. If some person who thinks they are at risk wants to take a new novel mRNA experimental vaccine more power to them. But forcing people to take it so they can provide for their family is vile.

I got the J&j vaccine due to mandatory travel bullshit. I had liberal friends say I took the wrong vaccine. That's how far down the narrative went.
Same. Couldn't care less what other people put in their body, but the immense pressure from everyone around me to get it made me sick. I didn't get the jab for a few reasons.
The Prime Minister called me a racist misogynist with unacceptable views.

Fun times
This was the front page of the Toronto star during the heat of the lockdown phase. I was just waiting to be dragged into the town center to be publicly flogged by the townsfolk.
Screenshot_20231109-190906_Gallery.jpg

I read an editorial where they wanted to round up unvaccinated people and put them in camps. These are the same people not understanding how the jews were rounded up. The vitriol thrown to the unvaccinated in the media was unbelievable.

I read an editorial where they wanted to round up unvaccinated people and put them in camps. These are the same people not understanding how the jews were rounded up. The vitriol thrown to the unvaccinated in the media was unbelievable.
Man, numerous friends of mine lost their careers for not complying with no jab-no job mandates, while people literally cheered when they lost their jobs. The local Facebook group where I live had a running post doxxing businesses and contractors to boycott for not being jabbed. "If they're too dumb to not get the jab, how can you trust them to do good work and provide a good service?" It was sadly my former Fire Chief who I worked for for a decade that started that post. We were previously close friends, he had made me an officer and respected me. But I lost all respect for him after he did that.

I have a Santa Claus size bag of shitty stories to tell from the last 3 years. I kept all the fucking reciepts. Actually lost respect for a good percentage of mankind.

Last edited:
"If they're too dumb to not get the jab, how can you trust them to do good work and provide a good service?"

I know people like that too.

“The dude who built your shed was a devoted Trump supporter and vaccine denier! How could you let him build it?”

Uh, I didn’t know political opinion and vaccine beliefs were related to carpentry, but my shed is still standing strong 3 years later 🤷‍♂️

So flower definitely makes me cough, a lot and I hate coughing. Edibles don’t work any more. So I am thinking hash oil may be better for the lungs. I made some nice extract out of one of my plants trim and do a half bowl of herb and a nice chunk of that and I only have to smoke one bowl versus three. Dabs make me cough even worse than flower but that combo in my bong seems to work. I for sure don’t want a heart attack unless is kills me dead lol. But I am not too worried about what they say about cannabis and the negatives it may cause. It’s healthier than most stuff in the pharmacy.

The American Heart association is just saying what the study shows in the heart realm. That doesnt make mj any more or less effective for pain relief or other teatments. There will be more studies, and more uses for cannabis as a healing drug.
I guess I trust no one. Including the American heart association lol

There are studies that show cannabis smokers have better lung capacity as well as better insulin response(lighter body weight as a whole) so we must make our choice whether it will kill us by cardiac arrest which seems off if it increases our lung capacity and keeps us lighter with less fat. 😉

There are studies that show cannabis smokers have better lung capacity as well as better insulin response(lighter body weight as a whole) so we must make our choice whether it will kill us by cardiac arrest which seems off if it increases our lung capacity and keeps us lighter with less fat. 😉
The condition of your heart isn't related to the condition of your lungs :p

Both are very connected to one another.
Very much so. The less oxygen your lungs can pull, the harder your heart has to work to keep your body oxygenated. Impaired lung function is one of the key markers for increased risk of ischemic heart disease.
And one of the first signs of CHF is breathing problems from fluid in the lungs.

The condition of your heart isn't related to the condition of your lungs :p
All I'm saying is if weed makes your bmi lower from its insulin effects and gives you better lung capacity it can't be all bad.😀

If they’re worried about that, then they need to explain why it sways against vaccines and explain the data rather than let people make assumptions.

It’s as if they believe everyone is a stats major or educated in virology and medicine.

They tried that. Unfortunately the conspiracy theorists decided that they knew better and we are where we are today.

I guess I trust no one. Including the American heart association lol
Giorgio A. Tsoukalos

If you can't trust this guy to tell the truth, then you really can't trust anyone. Meanwhile we're all still here.

I worked in the medical field in the late 70's, We all worked "at" the hospital, whomever owns the hospitals decided to move almost all the departments out of the hospital. Dr's pay went way down, and we have what you see in medicine today. You must pay people to do a "good" job. I am almost ashamed to say i am in the medical field, cannabis saved me and the job I do, retire soon. SSgrower

Back
Top Bottom