Bud Builders - Making Friends, Growing Cannabis

Register a free account today to become a Bud Builders member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on our site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox.

Join the fun and make some friends!

Indoor Scrog

CannaGranny

Scrog Queen Talks Dirt
Staff member
Bud Builders Approved Seed Vendor
Joined
Apr 14, 2023
Messages
5,683
Reaction score
34,845
Four weeks into flower on scrog. Five by five, three plants. Captain Redbeards Blue Dream. Gifted beans, Lavender Permafrost and Concrete Shoes.
Four by four, one plant scrog. Captain Redbeards Runtz Wreck.41986DF4-BCD2-417D-AA9E-AAB3F369A690.jpegF13DABD7-62D4-4F25-BBDD-6C7F6E1F08F2.jpeg
 
I can tell you this if that Concrete Shoes is not top shelf, and I mean top of top shelf she is gone! Stinks! No other way to put it. Smells like a rotting fruit stand. Maybe the strongest most horrible reeking plant I have ever grown.
Beautiful structure huge buds, but man oh man, that smell!
 
I can tell you this if that Concrete Shoes is not top shelf, and I mean top of top shelf she is gone! Stinks! No other way to put it. Smells like a rotting fruit stand. Maybe the strongest most horrible reeking plant I have ever grown.
Beautiful structure huge buds, but man oh man, that smell!
That’s a great sign imo!
 
Four weeks into flower on scrog. Five by five, three plants. Captain Redbeards Blue Dream. Gifted beans, Lavender Permafrost and Concrete Shoes.
Four by four, one plant scrog. Captain Redbeards Runtz Wreck.View attachment 377View attachment 378
Where the concrete shoes seeds in a silver bag with a van on the label?
Feminized as well?
I have two seeds someone gave me of that strain that swore it was really good.
 
Where the concrete shoes seeds in a silver bag with a van on the label?
Feminized as well?
I have two seeds someone gave me of that strain that swore it was really good.
No, these were in a clear bag with a computer generated code on them. Yes they are fem. I can say that in the ten years of growing inside, I have never had anything to reek so bad.
 
I hope the smell is a good thing when you harvest.

I can test these for you if you want, just drop off a bud next time to come to STL to show those boys how to shoot.
I will be there the end of May to shoot the Sierra Cup. I actually made it in this past year! May very well hit ya up for a visit!
 
I have not grown them but got a pack of seeds from Impulsive grower that is called Eternal Youth. 6 female photos.
It is Salmon River OG X Cement Shoes. Breeder is Cult Classic
Found this on your Cement Shoes S1 on Cult Classic site.
1681848459581.png
 
I came to check out a scrog. I'm staying for the genetics.🤩
Pleasant surprise seeing that pack of beans. Very nice choice! I have a few CC cuts in my collection and grown others...Every dang one was elite 🤘
Not much going on with the scrog, at this point I’m just watching them grow. The horrible stench of rotting fruit from the Concrete Shoes is finally laying down and smelling more like just fruit. Some super nice bud developing. Average size is eleven inches tall, compact. Well structured. 1CF989AC-723C-4233-B0D3-D05D4D0AC2B6.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • 86BB0702-F7EC-4EF5-8FCE-07EBF987F170.jpeg
    86BB0702-F7EC-4EF5-8FCE-07EBF987F170.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
Beautiful plants Granny. That probably goes without saying at this point.

So many bud sites...

You ever do a yield side by side of scrog vs. no training?
Yep, have one going on right now. Due to the fact that the free bud plant was a mother and had so much more size on her, just insures me that I will never go back to free budding. I haven’t harvested yet, but I can sure see what’s going on.
 
First pic is two plants, in a four by four free budded with the scrog used as a trellis. Second pic, same four by four, one plant scrog. This was the first time I tried this test. There was a considerable amount of difference in the take. One plant scrog had the freebudding by a six oz difference.
Just for reference I add the trellis net when the flowers obtain nine inches of height. So that net is nine inches above my scrog top. As you can see, was no need for that trellis above the free budded.
B1E39807-6404-427B-924D-904E5BC35E2C.jpeg22A041E9-A7B7-4121-8175-5759303B5484.jpeg
 
Last edited:
First pic is two plants, in a four by four free budded with the scrog used as a trellis. Second pic, same four by four, one plant scrog. This was the first time I tried this test. There was a considerable amount of difference in the take. One plant scrog had the freebudding by a six oz difference.
Just for reference I add the trellis net when the flowers obtain nine inches of height. So that net is nine inches above my scrog top. As you can see, was no need for that trellis above the free budded.
View attachment 686View attachment 687
Wow that’s crazy difference - gosh you guys are gonna have me trying so many new things ! Lol
 
Back
Top Bottom