Smoke Report: The Convergence (Irie Genetics)

MysticEpipedon

Herb Hitman
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
I just noticed we don't have a smoke report section, and here I am with stuff to report.

The Convergence is available as regular seeds and is a cross between an Arise female and a Jack The Ripper male. My intent in growing it was to find a high-flying, monkey-mind, energizing sativa dom. It delivered, but these parents being poly hybrids means there are a lot of phenos. If you only pop a seed or two, you could easily end up with a plant similar to my also-rans of this grow.

I had six girls. Two are great. For one, the jury is still out, but it's leaning "don't keep." For three, the clones I took are already in the compost pile.

These are somewhat tall plants with a classic Christmas tree shape. Height was easily controlled by super cropping. This is an example of the early pheno, with a lemon-pine/cleaner scent:
IMG_7577.jpeg
IMG_7581CU.jpg
I had two of these (TC 1 and TC 6). They finished in about 10 weeks to 10.5 weeks. The smoke was OK -- all in the head, but it lacks potency.

Jumping to the winner-winner-chicken-dinner pheno -- These took a long time to finish, like 12.5 to 13.5 weeks. They grew like old school European haze-typle plants. Largely a Christmas tree shape, but the bud structure was somewhat taily. One smells like lemon and new tires. The other smells like dryer sheets -- a touch of linen with a light lemon scent.
IMG_7650.jpeg
Potency is through the roof on both scents.

TC #3 is the lemon and new tires pheno. It is a very up buzz, but it also has a noticeable body component. This stuff will make you squinty eyed. I'd say it's a 70/30 on the sativa/indica scale.

TC#5 is the dryer sheets pheno. It is very energizing, with a little less body buzz. Maybe 80/20 on the sativa/indica scale. It is the closest thing to what I was looking for when I grew out this pack of seeds. I REALLY like this pheno. It passes the "Which jar do I keep going for?" test.

Both TC #3 and TC #5 I would characterize as all day smokes. Very mind-stimulating.

The other two plants:

One had a scent between TC #3 -- the lemon and rubber scent -- and the lemon-pine scented pheno. This is good, but lacks potency.

The last pheno, which I have not smoked much of yet, smells like new tires. No lemon or other scents, just tires. It is potent, but I'm leaning against keeping it, at this time. It's stonier than the other two that I'm keeping. So the jury is out, but this jury is known as a hanging jury and there are already three keepers from this grow. I also saw a hooded Grim Clipper roaming around near the clone tent.

So the big question: Should YOU grow this weed?

Well, you can decide if this is the kind of weed that you'd like to have in your stash. But the rest of the decision depends on whether you can grow out a whole pack of seeds or whether you only crack a few at a time. Also consider that the good ones took more than 12 weeks in flower. The dryer-sheet scented plant never developed an amber trich, after 13.5 weeks.

Irie specializes in sativa and sativa leaning strains...........between Irie and DragonsFlame, not sure you need anyone else anymore. Their Orange Gasm was top notch..........

Irie specializes in sativa and sativa leaning strains...........between Irie and DragonsFlame, not sure you need anyone else anymore. Their Orange Gasm was top notch..........
That's why I'm a fan of Irie. I have not tried Orange-gasm yet, but a pack is sitting in the refrigerator now. It's supposed to be a very easy one to grow.

Back
Top Bottom