No they never clog. You can move them around or splash soil off them if you flood them.
They have a slit on one side so you just slide them around the stem. I didn't install them until the plants went to the 5 gallon buckets.
They are only about 1/2 inch deep then the water overflows to the edge where it sent through the square cut outs.
If your soil is not level then you need to go slow. Never tried the pads.
For me I fill a 1g watering can and water 2 or 3 plants go refill and move on to next. When done doing all I go back and do it again.
When I am done with the second round, I look for runoff and maybe even test with meter on bottom hole in bucket.
If your soil line isn't level in your pot you can elevate them off the soil surface and level the plate out.

Those are the plates I'm going to use to replace the watering rings I made for my DIY auto irrigate system. Are you watering with clear water or are you mixing a nutrient solution? Curious if nutrient solution clogs any of the holes.

I saw someone on here using polyester batting for pads. From what I see the FF pads look like they're made from some sort of felt.

I haven't had to feed this time yet really, but in previous grows un dissolved dry nutes would remain in trays.
Not clogging the holes just not in contact with the soil. It was never really a problem an easily rinsed off into the soil.

week 8 in the room.
Let the plants be on their own a couple extra days and got my water deprivation stress to happen.
1693739685775-png.19812

^^ Last week^^
DSC_0504.JPG
^^ This week ^^
2 plants got hit the hardest which IMO is a good thing.
The room has had good to alot of humidity so I wasn't even sure I could stress them.
DSC_0501.JPG
^^ I like to do this on purpose as one of my stressors.^^
Turned the lights up to 37.5%.
DSC_0503.JPG
Also adjusted time to 13 hours and switched their active time to be more user friendly.
Going to get up to 90's this week so the AC will stay in force for a little longer.
Gave everyone a good watering and will get ready to start being more active in the room moving forward.
Hope everyone has a great Labor weekend and stays safe.
DSC_0494.JPG
^^ Maybe the last glimpse of summer? ^^

Attachments

• 1693739685775.png
    1693739685775.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 157
Under 2 hours and all plants are up and look like nothing ever happened~! :cool:
Since I basically started the flip with shorter lighting I added a very small dose [ 1/2tsp ] of Open sesame to each plant I have left over.
I just placed it dry on tray and gave a little more water.
Will probably follow the 3 step finish with FF ferts.
No ferts this whole grow so far. Plants look very green[ again almost too much ] but plan on pushing them more as the plant starts to flower.
Will also be filling the buckets higher with more fresh Stonington and the Sohum.
Really has been easy breezy, Sure I will regret saying that eventually.:cautious:

Week 9 in room week 2 with 13 hours light.
Temps got up to 88f in room this week. First heatwave of the season/year hits the first week when I run my lights during the day...DSC_0504.JPG
^^ Last week^^
DSC_0506.JPG
^^ This week^^
DSC_0507.JPG
^^This week^^
Watered yesterday with Open Sesame for second time since flip.
Upped the lights to 50% and killed 2 male Hash plants. Lights are about 20 inches above tops.
The room is 100% female and raring to go now.
DSC_0508.JPG
DSC_0509.JPG
DSC_0511.JPG
Going to be adding MG into next watering/feeding. 95% of the leaves are still very dark. New growth is almost always funny for first week or so and then flattens out nice. Never had or seen this so much. Possibly this is from the 3 circulation fans running 24/7 since start, but none are aimed directly at plants.
Admittedly it is hard not to rustle a few feathers.
Leaf temp is close to 6f lower than room which is hovering at 79f on average.
RH is steady at 60-65%.
Hopefully I can shut off the AC soon and use the fresh air intake [ 2 6-inch AC infinity fans run in series] fed from window.
DSC_0510.JPG
^^ view from other end of room^^
Hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend~!
911 tomorrow.
NEVER FORGET.🇺🇸

OK here's the run down..
This is end of week 2 in flower and lights are now 12/12.
I upped them to 60% today and will keep a close eye.
Temps in the hood have been more reasonable and the AC has been off for 2 weeks now.
I worried a bit about RH and even shopped out dehumidifiers last week although I still did not order/pick one up yet.
Needed a bit of watering on Monday so added some Mg. then.
Found a killer deal on FF open sesame so jumped.
DSC_0512.JPG
I know I won't need it all but I can hook some buddies up now.
Cost less than 3lbs purchased in 1lb jars~!
OK last week;
DSC_0507.JPG
^^ Last week[ week 1 in flower complete] ^^

DSC_0523.JPG
^^ This week [ 2 weeks complete] ^^
DSC_0522.JPG
^^ Other end of room this week^^
Is it me or is this tight node spacing?
DSC_0513.JPG
DSC_0514.JPG
DSC_0515.JPG
DSC_0516.JPG
DSC_0517.JPG
DSC_0518.JPG
DSC_0519.JPG
DSC_0520.JPG
DSC_0521.JPG
Just mixed up and fed the Open Sesame, MG, a little Wholly Mackerel and a tablespoon of the Bigfoot.
Smelly stuff for sure. I bubble it all for 24 hours.
Got the biggest surprise on Monday when I checked only find my humidifier running for the second time since plants went in the room~!
Never would have guessed that~!
Temps at night here have dipped into low 50's to mid upper 40's already.
Lowest temp in the room so far is 72. RH is in the 45-55% range. Humidifier is not running regularly, only when it drops to under 50%.
So hoping I am on a good path and now needing to step up my activity in the room.
May look into bluemats for a little trip I have planned soon?

Hope you all have a great week end.👊👊✌️

My GF always comments on how nice and tidy your grow room is. I told her if we move out to the country and picked up a few acres I'd build out a couple of containers like your setup and outfit it all with the environmental controls we would need for perpetual harvests.

that's the node spacing a aim to achieve, not too close not too far... just right for big bud stacking!!

soon you won't be able to fit in there. how are gonna water them? low crawl, long hose.. just joking but man it looks tight in there already!!!

(y)(y)

I love brushing through the middle man~!
I wish the room was 1 foot wider but that did not happen.
I give Max the credit for the node spacing.
I just tried to keep my room the same temp day and night in veg and this is the result. (y)

View attachment 0923231356.mp4
Check in time;
View attachment 0923231354.mp4
View attachment 0923231355.mp4
3 weeks today in case I didn't mention it~!
5 of the girls showed some yellowing leaves near bottom and got an extra water and feed on Tues/Weds.
Gave them the Marine cuisine slo release and more open sesame.
Everybody got Wholly Mackerel and Open sesame today.
Of all things my humidity has dropped to low 40s this week~!
I watered the floor today and turned up the bubbles in the 32g brute.
Received my second out of three 15lb buckets of flower ferts. This one is Beastie bloomz.
Will have the Cha Ching before October.
Hoping to keep things steady and maintain a decent amount of control.
We'll see.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Last edited:
View attachment 22655
Check in time;
View attachment 22653
View attachment 22654
3 weeks today in case I didn't mention it~!
5 of the girls showed some yellowing leaves near bottom and got an extra water and feed on Tues/Weds.
You have seen a few still on them.
Gave them the Marine cuisine slow release and more open sesame.
Everybody got Wholly Mackerel and Open sesame today.
Of all things my humidity has dropped to low 40s this week~!
I watered the floor today and turned up the bubbles in the 32g brute.
Received my second out of three 15lb buckets of flower ferts. This one is Beastie bloomz.
Will have the Cha Ching before October.
Hoping to keep things steady and maintain a decent amount of control.
We'll see.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Looking awesome steam.

Having trouble with video uploads?

Yea site kept locking me out.
Reloading and never letting me post?
Thought I overloaded it so tried more than a few times.
Glad they all got in together. Was on my way to post each vid in a separate post if needed.

It may not like the light or it is just genetics.
Pretty sure that is Cherry Gar-See-Ya.
Been doing it since it hit the room.
The new leaves come all twisty sometimes and then they flatten out to some degree.

I did turn the lights up even more to 60%, but this plant has consistently been doing this and never let up even when lights were 25%.

Good eye~!;)
I have also considered wind burn?
She is not being blasted but is first in line on one end?

I love brushing through the middle man~!
I wish the room was 1 foot wider but that did not happen.
I give Max the credit for the node spacing.
I just tried to keep my room the same temp day and night in veg and this is the result. (y)
How long did u keep.day an nyt temps same or similar? Just first three weeks why stretching

How long did u keep.day an nyt temps same or similar? Just first three weeks why stretching
I did my best with the air conditioner to keep day and night temps the same through all of Veg. in the room . 2 months about.
Lights were on at night so I figure the air conditioner ran the show24/7

Once I flipped them, I changed the settings and let them cool off at night now and run a little warmer if they will during the day.
Lights are on now during daylight and off at night, so the room can and will cool more and more at night as the season progresses.
First day of fall and we have mid/low 40s here overnight already.
The room has not dropped below 70 yet.
85 for day time highs so far.

I don't know man.. I'd just grow indoors and appreciate the rain. Folks around here beg for it most of the year. I'd rather have rain than hear the same thing every day. "Needs to rain." Yeah you said that yesterday...
I dont mind rain, but i feel this year has been one of the wettest years in the last like 15 years.

This where I got the daytime/nightime temp control idea from.

Mad Max

The Legend​

JoinedApr 15, 2023Messages633Reaction score3,617Points93
In horticulture, the day/night differential (DIF) refers to the difference between the highest daytime temperature versus the lowest nighttime temperature. Studies have shown that a fluctuation in day/night temperatures actually promotes greater growth than maintaining a steady, concise temperature during the day and night.

Plant stem length, known as internodal elongation, reacts to the day/night differential. A stem’s length is dictated by its cell’s internode length and number. To control a plant’s height, a grower must control how long the stem’s internodes grow and how many individual nodes are produced by the plant. This can be done by utilizing the day/night differential.

The greater the difference between the day and night temperatures, the more elongated the plant’s cells become, and some plants also produce more nodes when the temperature fluctuates dramatically. The number of elongated nodes in the stems make the plant taller. Cooler temperatures during the day and hotter temperatures at night have the reverse effect on the plant's growth
Plants will respond rapidly to the day/night differential. Growth rates often escalate in as little as 24 hours after the temperature change. Large swings in the DIF produces rapid stem growth, but dramatic temperature changes also increase the humidity in the greenhouse or grow room. Nighttime humidity increases can cause mold or stunted growth in plants, so if a grower utilizes DIF to spur plant growth, then humidity levels must be controlled and maintained.

Growers often try to create a negative DIF to produce a bushy, short, compact plant. Managing a cooler daytime temperature and a warmer nighttime temperature is often a daunting task, especially in a greenhouse when the sunlight naturally increases the temperature.

Growers often have to use air conditioners and other cooling devices during the day if they seek a negative DIF. Generally, growers try to maintain only a 5 degree DIF to produce acceptable growth that also exhibits tight node growth and optimum branching.

Many plants have also been shown to produce greater color contrasts when exposed to DIF. However, various plants, cultivars, and strains all react differently to the day/night differential

Big thanks to @Mad Max for the idea.
Sure seemed to keep my spacing nice and tight.
This was much easier to do growing at night and having lights off during the day and letting the Air Conditioner have total control over the room.👊

OK here's the run down..
This is end of week 2 in flower and lights are now 12/12.
I upped them to 60% today and will keep a close eye.
Temps in the hood have been more reasonable and the AC has been off for 2 weeks now.
I worried a bit about RH and even shopped out dehumidifiers last week although I still did not order/pick one up yet.
Needed a bit of watering on Monday so added some Mg. then.
Found a killer deal on FF open sesame so jumped.
View attachment 21685
I know I won't need it all but I can hook some buddies up now.
Cost less than 3lbs purchased in 1lb jars~!
OK last week;
View attachment 21686
^^ Last week[ week 1 in flower complete] ^^

View attachment 21687
^^ This week [ 2 weeks complete] ^^
View attachment 21688
^^ Other end of room this week^^
Is it me or is this tight node spacing?
View attachment 21689
View attachment 21690
View attachment 21691
View attachment 21692
View attachment 21693
View attachment 21694
View attachment 21695
View attachment 21696
View attachment 21697
Just mixed up and fed the Open Sesame, MG, a little Wholly Mackerel and a tablespoon of the Bigfoot.
Smelly stuff for sure. I bubble it all for 24 hours.
Got the biggest surprise on Monday when I checked only find my humidifier running for the second time since plants went in the room~!
Never would have guessed that~!
Temps at night here have dipped into low 50's to mid upper 40's already.
Lowest temp in the room so far is 72. RH is in the 45-55% range. Humidifier is not running regularly, only when it drops to under 50%.
So hoping I am on a good path and now needing to step up my activity in the room.
May look into bluemats for a little trip I have planned soon?

Hope you all have a great week end.👊👊✌️
Nice and tight !👊

Back
Top Bottom