What are your other hobbies?

wow Elusive, that is awesome!!! looks a little more involved than just a hobby, looks like a "way of life"!!!

my hobbies are all over the place, literally have a house, garage, and two sheds with hobby stuff in them!! haha

like G$ i have always been an outdoor nature guy. haven't fished since they told me i had to pay for a license. except for ocean/charter fishing.. so maybe 15-16?? can't remember been too long, i do remember i lost a thermos that day though!! haha

still enjoy a critter hunt now and then, mostly small game... don't need the freezers "stuffed" anymore. i like veggie gardening and taking care of a small koi pond in the summer and enjoy photography.

sports are a fun past time. just watching though, my playing days are very slim anymore!!

smoking/vaping and finding new ways to get high are always top hobbies.. the search for the most incredible strain is a great life long hobby that ive been into.

pretty much anything with my hands.. DIY's, home projects, almost anything to do with automotive and motorcycle is fun for me, been riding dirt bikes and atv's since i was kid so that's always fun to do, i still take atv rides weekly.

working with metal is fun for me, not much of a carpenter but i have enough knowledge to do a shitty job with wood but i really prefer metal. cutting, bending, forming, welding.. all calms me down like a good doobie!!!!

i also really enjoy cooking ( and eating) but that's more of a lifestyle than a hobby. but enjoy cooking/smoking/grilling.

my most recent hobby has been 3d printing. still a young pup at doing that so lots to enjoy there.

one thing i hate... mowing the lawn!!!! :D

I've always wanted to get into 3D printing, but I don't think I have the patience for it tbh.

Music used to be a way of life for me, but after being "almost famous" and having to deal with a bunch of really terrible people in the process, it became something I enjoyed from far away. This was back in 2005. Nowadays, the music industry and scene is so flooded, you'd never get noticed unless lightning strikes you.

Long range tactical competition shooting. Stained glass, oil, water and acrylic painting, musician. Native flute and guitar.

Stained glass sounds cool as hell. I used to shoot competitively back in like 2000/2001, but just .22 rifles and nothing crazy (just shooting from a few positions and that was it). I did it for a few months, then things changed and you needed a pistol permit, which I had no desire to get at the time. I have one now, and I have a .22 pistol (Glock G-39), but I've never shot it once lol. It says locked up in a safe. I've debated on just selling it tbh as I have zero desire to go shooting.

Guitar, playing, fixing, fuckin around to find out. Would honestly fit right in with ya on the guitar building I was nearly there about a year and a half back then they allowed for rec grows and I lost funding 😭

Make beats. I know more music theory (no expert just a student) than I can properly interpret on instrument as I didn't start playing until relatively recently. I have for years when possible messed with beat machines and making beats...love making some beats 😂

Used to dabble in web and graphics design

Collect retro game shit but that's taken a backseat to growing too which is full on #1 hobby

I love to watch MMA...would love to train jui jitsu or something and get my ass kicked but idk...no health insurance currently and nearly 40...maybe ain't the best time, I'll do it if my son wants to later I suppose

I'm not really sure what my niche is, I'm a jack of all trades master of none type. I can do alot so I tend to spread myself thin across a multitude of hobbies and never really commit to one enough to be an ace. Maybe growing one day...but id never consider myself that anyway.
I think we'd be best friends if we lived near each other lol

I used to collect retro games (still have a ton, but sold the majority of expensive/good stuff 3 years ago when my son was born to pay for some stuff and to help with moving costs). I also do web development stuff haha, but only for myself and my side business, which is developing video games :p

Same with martial arts - I took martial arts back when I was in high school, and my son is going to start soon as well, so that'll be fun to see.

It's good to have a lot of interests as you'll never be bored unless you want to be.

I mostly play guitar. PlayStation ever once in a while. Used to be an avid FPS player. Lift weights. I live a somewhat boring life.

My Guitars. Couple of 2010’ish BC Rich JRV Deluxe one has a Beast headstock.Tuned to D standard. The other has the ASM headstock. Tuned to C standard

View attachment 40991View attachment 40992

This one is my baby. 2008 USA BC Rich Custom Shop Speed V. Spalted Maple. Tuned to E standard. One of a kind.
View attachment 40993

Few amps. I have a modified Peavey XXX
Running to a 1960 Marshall Lead cab.

View attachment 40997

I have a EVH 100watt Stealth running to a modified Marshall cab loaded with EV ( Zakk Wylde) Black Label speakers.

View attachment 41003

I have a 1991 Ampeg VH 150 very rare amp. Amazing tone if you’re looking for the old Cannibal Corpse, suffocation tone. Old school Death Metal tone. Love this amp.

Got a Marshall DSL 100 sitting in the closet with a blown power tube. Friend gave it to me.

View attachment 41009

I’ve gotten rid of a few amps. Krankenstein, Mesa Dual Rec, Peavey 6505. Marshall DSL 2000. Guitars I got rid of was my Jackson RR-1, Dean Lighting Bolt. I stupidly got rid of my 1985 USA Custom Shop BC Rich Warlock. Had 3 Ibanez PL-1660’s. Loved those guitars. Thanx for looking.

View attachment 41011

That V with the widow headstock is gorgeous. I didn't even know BC Rich made those!

I used to have a Marshall stack. I ran an AVT50H head (solidstate), which I absolutely loved, but then the preamp tube blew, and when I got it replaced, the thing just never sounded the same again. After that, I moved to the JCM410H, but then I sold that when I bought my first house to pay for the down payment. Now I have a Marshall combo amp (I think it's a 40 or 50 watt, but still cranks), and my current floorboard consists of a BOSS tuner, Super Chorus, loop pedal, and a morely wah. I also have a Line6 combo amp, but it's kind of junk. I've never had a line6 amp (or stack) that couldn't go above 4 before the speakers started to sound like you were farting.

I've always wanted to get into 3D printing, but I don't think I have the patience for it tbh.

Music used to be a way of life for me, but after being "almost famous" and having to deal with a bunch of really terrible people in the process, it became something I enjoyed from far away. This was back in 2005. Nowadays, the music industry and scene is so flooded, you'd never get noticed unless lightning strikes you.

Stained glass sounds cool as hell. I used to shoot competitively back in like 2000/2001, but just .22 rifles and nothing crazy (just shooting from a few positions and that was it). I did it for a few months, then things changed and you needed a pistol permit, which I had no desire to get at the time. I have one now, and I have a .22 pistol (Glock G-39), but I've never shot it once lol. It says locked up in a safe. I've debated on just selling it tbh as I have zero desire to go shooting.

I used to collect retro games (still have a ton, but sold the majority of expensive/good stuff 3 years ago when my son was born to pay for some stuff and to help with moving costs). I also do web development stuff haha, but only for myself and my side business, which is developing video games :p

Same with martial arts - I took martial arts back when I was in high school, and my son is going to start soon as well, so that'll be fun to see.

It's good to have a lot of interests as you'll never be bored unless you want to be.

That V with the widow headstock is gorgeous. I didn't even know BC Rich made those!

I used to have a Marshall stack. I ran an AVT50H head (solidstate), which I absolutely loved, but then the preamp tube blew, and when I got it replaced, the thing just never sounded the same again. After that, I moved to the JCM410H, but then I sold that when I bought my first house to pay for the down payment. Now I have a Marshall combo amp (I think it's a 40 or 50 watt, but still cranks), and my current floorboard consists of a BOSS tuner, Super Chorus, loop pedal, and a morely wah. I also have a Line6 combo amp, but it's kind of junk. I've never had a line6 amp (or stack) that couldn't go above 4 before the speakers started to sound like you were farting.
Yeah man those Line 6 flat response speakers were crap. Had a Line 6 Vetta ll that was signed by Dave Mustaine. 300 watts of garbage above 3. It crapped out on me and I trashed cab and all.

Yeah man those Line 6 flat response speakers were crap. Had a Line 6 Vetta ll that was signed by Dave Mustaine. 300 watts of garbage above 3. It crapped out on me and I trashed cab and all.

It had Mustaine's signature on it, I would've tossed it too. Hetfield for life!

Kidding :p Though growing up I hated Megadeth. Not so much anymore, but I don't like Mustaine's vocals. His lyrics (mostly) and riffs are fantastic though. Despite his held on anger towards Metallica about getting booted, it was the best thing that could happen to him. I don't think we'd have as many great songs had he been stifled by Hetfield.

I forgot what head I had on my line6 stack, but even the head was garbage on another stack. I ended up returning it back to Guitar Center after 2 days and snagged a Roland half stack instead. I used that for a few years, but eventually went back to Marshall amps. There's just something about their sound that I love.

It’s a Beast headstock. Very rare on a JRV. I used to be a big Metallica / Megadeth fan. But then I heard Obituary, Death, Napalm Death back in the day and reverted towards their stuff.

It’s a Beast headstock. Very rare on a JRV. I used to be a big Metallica / Megadeth fan. But then I heard Obituary, Death, Napalm Death back in the day and reverted towards their stuff.

I had to see what the difference in headstocks were as I thought that was a widow. It's similar, the widow has spike in the top where it looks like the beast has a nice smooth cut at the top:

Guitar, skiing, surfing, growing, hot rodding.

Played lots of different guitars but only put one guitar together. Les Paul Junior that an ex traded me for. I had a Darth Vader phone that would say "Luke" instead of ringing. When we were together she always told me how cool she thought the phone was. I traded it to her straight up and took the guitar apart to refinish it. Replaced the pots that were dirty but everything else worked great.

Had a bunch of old school gear I sold after I got out of the music biz. Black face Fender Twins, Old tube amp Marshall head, recording gear, Bunch of old school guitars like a Gretsch White Falcon w/Bigsby tremolo.

Only amp I have left is a Dumbleland amp from a custom maker called Dumble. Got it from a friend that had bought it from Stevie Ray Vaughn.

I’m still giving the guys hell. 🙂IMG_1700.jpeg

Not sure it counts as a hobby but I enjoy what Granny calls ----- cruising~!🥸
I have always done long rides since young.
Father used to take me/us to Maine for the weekend on Fridays after school and we would come back Sunday~!
So I don't mind a good 3-4 hour cruise.
Wife enjoys the ride also but says I never stop anywhere~!:p
How do you get anywhere if you stop~!:ROFLMAO:

DSC_0678.JPG

Father used to take me/us to Maine for the weekend on Fridays after school and we would come back Sunday~!

View attachment 41091
It’s definitely a hobby! An art to it too 😜

View attachment 41091
Just so yall know, pictures do not do this car any justice.
Ive seen it in person and wow👌🏼
Steam keeps this thing pristine 😍🤩
I could see my reflection in the paint😳

View attachment 41091
C6 version right? My Uncle has the Z06 version in red. Love Vettes!

I got to learn how to deal with long travel times when I had to sit on a tour bus for hours on end. When we were in Europe we drove from Amsterdam to Paris in 12 hours. The rough part was drivers aren't allowed to drive more than 11 hours straight so the driver had to stop an hour out of Paris and rest the required 8 hours before he could get back behind the wheel and drive the hour to get to the venue.

View attachment 41091
I would not have any tread.

Good thing its not in my hands, lol.

=)

Aww dude I had a 2012 Mustang 5.0 California Special. All Black inside and out. Loved that car. Bought it brand new. In town I never got out of 3rd gear. It was a Beast. 6 gears of adrenaline. Coming back from a show on night at 2am. Ran into some kids. They’re like get on it. So when the light turned green I did just that. 1/8 mile up the road , bam blue lights. Got pulled over. Cop asked if I knew those kids. They though their were problems. I said No. They wanted me to get on it. So they caught the other car. Talked to them. They said the same thing. In the end cop told me. I can impound your car, arrest your for reckless driving/ drag racing and take your license. But since you guys were just having a little fun I’m gonna let you go because I have a sweet spot for mustangs. Sad thing is the wife wanted to start driving. So I sold it. I had it 5 years and it had 2200 miles in it.

Aww dude I had a 2012 Mustang 5.0 California Special. All Black inside and out. Loved that car. Bought it brand new. In town I never got out of 3rd gear. It was a Beast. 6 gears of adrenaline. Coming back from a show on night at 2am. Ran into some kids. They’re like get on it. So when the light turned green I did just that. 1/8 mile up the road , bam blue lights. Got pulled over. Cop asked if I knew those kids. They though their were problems. I said No. They wanted me to get on it. So they caught the other car. Talked to them. They said the same thing. In the end cop told me. I can impound your car, arrest your for reckless driving/ drag racing and take your license. But since you guys were just having a little fun I’m gonna let you go because I have a sweet spot for mustangs. Sad thing is the wife wanted to start driving. So I sold it. I had it 5 years and it had 2200 miles in it.
Miss my manual

Some person ran a red light.

My last real hobby was breeding tropical fish.
I got pretty carried away and pretty good at it.
I had anywhere between 60-80 aquariums ranging from 1 gallon to 180 gallons. Roughly 1,000 gallons in the fish room.
I bred several different types of fish but became known as a source for a new color variant of a difficult to breed fish I helped develop in this country.
Here is a link to one of my customers success stories. I loved helping people do what I did.

I made the name Pitch Black Rams. :cool: I worked this fish for years.
I sold alot of fish and shipped them to every state including Hawaii, Alaska and as far as Guam~!
I get carried away when I get into things..
1706227327909.jpeg
^^ That was one of two racks I built in the closet between the two fish areas~!^^
1706227400854.jpeg
Carried away very easily~! 🤷‍♂️

My last real hobby was breeding tropical fish.
I got pretty carried away and pretty good at it.
I had anywhere between 60-80 aquariums ranging from 1 gallon to 180 gallons. Roughly 1,000 gallons in the fish room.
I bred several different types of fish but became known as a source for a new color variant of a difficult to breed fish I helped develop in this country.
Here is a link to one of my customers success stories. I loved helping people do what I did.

I made the name Pitch Black Rams. :cool: I worked this fish for years.
I sold alot of fish and shipped them to every state including Hawaii, Alaska and as far as Guam~!
I get carried away when I get into things..
View attachment 41128
^^ That was one of two racks I built in the closet between the two fish areas~!^^
View attachment 41129
Carried away very easily~! 🤷‍♂️
I'm same way brotha, can't go half-assed if I tried.

Only way to be imo, full retard or bust. I tell my wife have fucking fun writing my obituary.
I'm kind of scared to hear what Bandit and Moe call hobbies~!
I know I am not the most carried away.
and-the-winner-is-benedict-townsend.gif

Back
Top Bottom