What is the LOUDEST cultivar you've ever grown or smoked??

SkinnieP

Stoned Scientist
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm a noob, just started my first grow. I'm excited to try out the different genetics and strains.. (by the way, did we stop saying strains? If so, why?)
So I've got some Mandarin Cookies v2 beans to pop, I'm pretty excited about those. But out of everything you guys have grown, which strain, or cultivar, stands out as the stinkiest & stankiest?? Good stank though, not really into the whole rotting carcass vibe.... which is apparently a thing?

I love fruity terps so if anyone has any good recommendations for fruitiness that would be nice too!
Cheers, have a good day everyone.

Really haven't grown to many fruity strains, I mainly search for the raunchy, eye watering, foul, rotting citrus, nasty smelling stuff.

Apples & Bananas has a pretty intoxicating nose to it.
Anything Sour should be pretty loud and foul smelling.
Gorilla glue crosses are good for a dirty earthy gassy terp profile.

I grow fruity strains.
Ethos ; Candy Store, Cherry Gar See Ya, Grape Balls of Fire, XXX and Grape Diamonds were all fire.
I would and will grow them all again.
I have grown Mandarin cookies R2 and R3 and they are real good also. Both of those were Ethos also.

I grow fruity strains.
Ethos ; Candy Store, Cherry Gar See Ya, Grape Balls of Fire, XXX and Grape Diamonds were all fire.
I would and will grow them all again.
I have grown Mandarin cookies R2 and R3 and they are real good also. Both of those were Ethos also.
I've smoked them all tooā˜šŸ»ā˜šŸ»ā˜šŸ» grown by you
They were indeed fire šŸ”„

80's to 90's real skunk weed was(it's gone) the loudest cultivar you would have ever smelt. Is "smelt" a real word? Anyway this stuff was so loud you couldn't walk through a grocery store with a gram in your pocket or people would think a skunk was loose in the store. People would get busted because it was os repugnantly dank smelling. You could smell it through a closed car window. But it unfortunately is long gone to most of the public.:censored: It was bred to more sweet fruity smells to avoid the law,

80's to 90's real skunk weed was(it's gone) the loudest cultivar you would have ever smelt. Is "smelt" a real word? Anyway this stuff was so loud you couldn't walk through a grocery store with a gram in your pocket or people would think a skunk was loose in the store. People would get busted because it was os repugnantly dank smelling. You could smell it through a closed car window. But it unfortunately is long gone to most of the public.:censored: It was bred to more sweet fruity smells to avoid the law,
Sorry, I had no choice. I had fruity ones that were just as good and wouldn't get me busted. I'm pretty sure everyone else was in the same boat. Get caught growing in the early 80, and your life was over.

Sorry, I had no choice. I had fruity ones that were just as good and wouldn't get me busted. I'm pretty sure everyone else was in the same boat. Get caught growing in the early 80, and your life was over.
I went to jail in the late 80's for 5lbs. wet coming out of the woods.
I used bag seed to grow and they knew as soon as they opened the cap to my truck ~!
smoke was loud back then for sure but we never cured or anything. I didn't.
To quote @SSHZ " I was commercial " and as soon as it was 'dry' it was gone.

Cultivar is a more accurate term. Itā€™s a plant that has been cultivated via selective breeding and hybridization to have specific traits. Strain is a larger category itā€™s a subtype of a species taxonomy wise.

But honestly no one really cares and they can be used interchangeably unless you are writing a paper or something.

My loudest plant was a specific Bubba Kush phenotype. Havenā€™t found it since.

Growing from seed is like wrapping your own Christmas presents if you have Alzheimerā€™s. You might have an idea what you are gonna get but thereā€™s bound to be a surprise

Cultivar is a more accurate term. Itā€™s a plant that has been cultivated via selective breeding and hybridization to have specific traits. Strain is a larger category itā€™s a subtype of a species taxonomy wise.

But honestly no one really cares and they can be used interchangeably unless you are writing a paper or something.

Growing from seed is like wrapping your own Christmas presents if you have Alzheimerā€™s. You might have an idea what you are gonna get but thereā€™s bound to be a surprise
Maybe I'm a grammar nazi but I hate it when people use the wrong terminology. I get that it's understood in regard to meaning but, for gods sake, is it that hard to use the correct terminology?

I use "cultivar" in my posts hoping that at least some of the newbs will catch on to what the correct terminology is but the blizzard of the uninitiated has made that task a tough one! šŸ˜„

BTW...the loudest "cultivar" I've grown was a tie between Purple Skywalker OG and Chemdog. Runner up was Trainwreck.

Maybe I'm a grammar nazi but I hate it when people use the wrong terminology. I get that it's understood in regard to meaning but, for gods sake, is it that hard to use the correct terminology?

I use "cultivar" in my posts hoping that at least some of the newbs will catch on to what the correct terminology is but the blizzard of the uninitiated has made that task a tough one! šŸ˜„

BTW...the loudest "cultivar" I've grown was a tie between Purple Skywalker OG and Chemdog. Runner up was Trainwreck.
Chemdog, purple chem are the skunkiest store bought seeds I've had. Purple Chem from Cali Connection went through the walls skunky. Not quite early 80s skunk-but close. I think seeds are still for sale. I've been tempted to order Chem 91 sk va.

Loudest I grew was still my 2012 mystery outdoor plants....when I was curing them inside you could smell them at the mailbox.

Loudest known strain for me lazy biker MC, but this Deathstar x Cherry moonshine from dragons flame is gonna give it a run for its money. Everytime I handle the deathstar x cm I get a skunky/rotten meat smell almost roadkill but not quite. Every plant in veg smells strong.

Loud strains of note though that I've had over the years

Ohio deathstar
Sensi star
Sour diesel
808 headband
Old school skunk (probably lost)
SFV og kush

Rarely mentioned in the realm of headbands...i need to holler back at CSI on his opinion on the 808 if it's same as another one or it's own thing

Great analogy!

Scratch that once again Iā€™m proven wrong.

Roots cares lol

Thanks for all the input guys. Appreciate you all. I'm going to check out some of these cultivars and report back with their LOUD level. :ROFLMAO:

By the way, if any of you enjoy podcasts and have never heard this one, try "We the Growers". They had a recent episode with the Bean Fiendz where they talk about a lot of good stuff, but towards the end they cover a new supplemental red spectrum lighting in flower, using both HPS and LED. It's some interesting and potentially valuable info. If the goal is to experiment and try to improve your craft, might as well try it right?
Cannabis Cultivation and Science podcast is really good stuff also.

Much respect to those of you who have been growing for all these years, especially in a time like the 80s,90s, and even early 2000s when it was so "dangerous".

Cheers

man you're just full of great bumper stickers!!!!!!!
You guys listen to Moe, I smoked real "Skunk", wife in the back bedroom, yells, I smell a skunk! I had the joint outside with the door open. I quickly came inside before I got Busted, Ha. Yes cultivar is the term but we say strain or whatever. Strongest I've had was Michoacan, camping I fell asleep in a dry cattle pond, wonder I was not snake bit!

Thanks for all the input guys. Appreciate you all. I'm going to check out some of these cultivars and report back with their LOUD level. :ROFLMAO:

By the way, if any of you enjoy podcasts and have never heard this one, try "We the Growers". They had a recent episode with the Bean Fiendz where they talk about a lot of good stuff, but towards the end they cover a new supplemental red spectrum lighting in flower, using both HPS and LED. It's some interesting and potentially valuable info. If the goal is to experiment and try to improve your craft, might as well try it right?

Much respect to those of you who have been growing for all these years, especially in a time like the 80s,90s, and even early 2000s when it was so "dangerous".

Cheers
The only reason not to grow under HPS is electric use. My biggest buds grown were all under 1000w hps. @smoke grows trees indoors under them still but he is very northern.

I was thinking Skunk when I first replied. But that was when I was a teen. We always remember things back then being better.

You could smell someone growing them at the back of their vegetable garden blocks away.

Ah, the good old days.

The only reason not to grow under HPS is electric use. My biggest buds grown were all under 1000w hps. @smoke grows trees indoors under them still but he is very northern.
Electricity costs foe me is abour 150$ prt month or maybe 60 to 70$ per lb using 1 1000wt in the veg room and 4 1000wt in flwr rm
Had heat problems last year and have a led to go in vegg room next go around

Electricity costs foe me is abour 150$ prt month or maybe 60 to 70$ per lb using 1 1000wt in the veg room and 4 1000wt in flwr rm
Had heat problems last year and have a led to go in vegg room next go around
But the plants love the spectrum and part of that seems to be infa red. At least in flower.

I forgot about another cultivar, ā€œBuddhaā€™s Sisterā€. I got it from a dispensary and it smelled exactly like Nag Champa insence. So much so that I wonder if they sprayed something on it.

Sour Pez by La Plata Labs got me a lifetime ban from Holiday Inn Express Hotels and a $350 extra cleaning fee on a room. I never smoked in the room, just rolled a joint.

SFV OG Kush by Cali Connection made my boss think a skunk had died in the AC vent at work

Road Kill Unicorn by Bodhi made me throw up a little at harvest

Bright Moments by GGG made me realize shitty diapers smell kinda good

Ript Banana by Ript made me think deep frying bananas in gasoline might be a good idea

The Church by Greenhouse made my wife rename it Holy Shit because it smelled like a Catholic Church during Xmas

Sour Pez by La Plata Labs got me a lifetime ban from Holiday Inn Express Hotels and a $350 extra cleaning fee on a room. I never smoked in the room, just rolled a joint.

SFV OG Kush by Cali Connection made my boss think a skunk had died in the AC vent at work

Road Kill Unicorn by Bodhi made me throw up a little at harvest

Bright Moments by GGG made me realize shitty diapers smell kinda good

Ript Banana by Ript made me think deep frying bananas in gasoline might be a good idea

The Church by Greenhouse made my wife rename it Holy Shit because it smelled like a Catholic Church during Xmas
So funny I had to login šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Scratch that once again Iā€™m proven wrong.

Roots cares lol

Cheers
Losing the battle.......but trying to win the war.....one grower at a time.... šŸ˜‚

Back
Top Bottom