What's Cookin?

made beef stew today and cooked the beef cubes in the sous vide.. the stew came out great but i saved some of the beef and made a chopped cheese steak with colby jack, A1, and fresh chimichurri!! ... and of coarse miracle whip!!!! 😛

View attachment 57424

Looks great Brother!!! I'm excited for when I do my picanha because it gives me a reason to make chimichurri. 😋

I made another pho bowl with all the leftover Vietnamese fixins today but added some grilled wagyu caps for protein.

On the searing plates at 500*F and cooked by probe to 135 then shut it down to rest and melted butter into them

IMG_7126.JPG

IMG_7135.JPG

Untied and chopped up

IMG_7139.JPG

And in the bowl it goes!!!

IMG_7141.JPG

Friday my wife and I played hookie from work and went on an afternoon date. Started off getting high AF then hitting the road with the proxy and some dabs to a bowling alley a few miles down the road. More dabs there + a couple margaritas she ended up beating me two games to one.
Got an idea on the way out, "hey, lets get some Vietnamese takeout!"

Here's my high AF pho bowl creation
Over noodles and broth we've got some mixed veggies like pickled carrots, onions, Thai basil, and sprouts. Mix in some chopped rare ribeye, a beef rib bone, & lobster tail. On the side, a fried egg roll and a pork belly bao. Washed it down with Lucky Buddha and Hanoi Beer while watching Good Morning Vietnam back at home on the big screen.
I also got a French Dip bahn mi but got so full from the pho I haven't opened it up yet but it's made with brisket, sriracha hoison glaze, carrots, cukes, jalapenos, basil, sprouts, yum yum spread on a French bread roll with a pho broth dip.
It was soooooo good!!! We don't get to eat out very often and when we do it's something I want no part of trying to make at home. I won't fuck with making Vietnamese food at all and since we have a few really really good pho among a ton of pho joints in the area I let the pros do this work and stay in my lane

View attachment 57338
Looks amazing. The broth makes or breaks it, and the good stuff is usually the result of hours and hours of alchemy/witchcraft. I'm with you on leaving that to the pros..

My wife was craving Mongolian Beef for her Mother's day meal, so yesterday I prepped the flank steak in soy/alkaline brine and whipped up the dark sauce(oyster sauce, dark sweet soy, sugar, mirin and chicken broth). Meat gets patted dry and velveted(egg white and starch) after 24hr brine before being deep fried. Finished off in the wok w the sauce, garlic and green onion. I'll get some pics of the finished product.

Back
Top Bottom