Which Ton Rosin Press?

it's kinda weird for me to smoke without seeing it... i like the glass!!!

the glass you guys have looks cooler than mine. i don't have that unicorn twist at all. even the old pro glass like i have is still better than the og regular peak glass. so many options though!!!

i want one of those XL a lot... i'd luv to hear what you say about it after using it a few times. i think it would really help keep it cleaner, i don't take monster dabs but i think it would work better even with small dabs.

my only gripe about the big chamber is i like to rest my finger on the side and i'm afraid i would burn my finger every time holding it the way i do!!!

View attachment 30784
Yeah I like to be able to see inside the bubbler. The XL should be here any day. Will do a review comparison of the two.

i got a tinkercad file to print out the bubbler for a peak if ya want it!!

i bought a bootleg peak from DHgate a while back for $80. the batteries in it sucked but once i replaced them it was good as the OG. i liked the performance so much that four months later i bought a pro. and i bought it just for all the reasons you posted.. the lights, the app, the wireless charging, being able to pick the temp and amount of time is just a straight game changer in cold start dabbing!!! all those perks is what sold me and i don't regret a single one!! love the lights and all the patterns available, unless it's at night in the car then it's four clicks to stealth mode!! i use the wireless charging daily, i just a have a generic charger not the fancy puffco one. the app i don't use that much, mostly when hanging with friends once in while so they don't have to press any buttons or accidentally double click too slow and the unit takes it as two single clicks and messes up the temp settings then ya gotta tell them to click it click it again.. one more time.. okay now double click it again.. it just takes away from the fun of smoking so the app brings that fun back in where i can start and stop it bluetooth right from my phone and all they have to do it load it and rip it! at home i never use the app just to sett everything up and then it wears off at home but still needed for setting changes. when i got mine they didn't have all the cool new features, the 3d chamber wasn't even invented yet. so i'm sure there will be even more to come and more lighting effects and other cool updates. they have some new vapor control setting, i don't know what it does to the temp but it some how makes it even better!! keep that setting on MAX!!! i roll with 515* for 1:20 w/max vapor control.. see what you like...

ya gotta clean it a lot... you have an utrasdonic cleaner so you have a leg up there... i wash mine every weekend. and if it's squish sometimes twice a week!!! i use mine fairly often though, everyday.

you should see some of the ridiculous glass they have for them... they even host contests for glass creations!!

That's funny about the knockoff because when I saw Pulsar's new vape looked like a weird Peak I thought, jut get the Peak and be done with it.
I've been looking at all the glass options too! Everything from mild to wild! And some glass more expensive than two or three peak pros together!!

Where you find the wireless charger? I liked that option too and yep all kinds of thingis on thingiverse for the peak!

Just got the shipping confirmation so with the holiday and such I bet I have it the middle to late next week. Their HQ is in North Carolina so faster for you. So excited!!🤪

I would totally be down for the bubbler!!! Since I got mine, I have seen a lot of people upgrade the glass.

The original glass works pretty well. @Bandit420, any specific reason you opted for the recycler right off the bat?

The other upgrade I have seen a lot is the XL 3D chamber. I have read that its not about volume, but it actually hits better. Who knows. Im an idiot, so of course Ive got one on the way 😬

haha if you saw all my other bongs you'd understand...The more my rigs look like a bizarre science lab the more I like them.
One main reason I went with the pro is the unicorn horn in the center but when I saw there were also recyclers for it, that's like putting stink bait on the hook and I'm the catfish! I'll gobble it up every time!😵‍💫

I also considered these two and did have the mushroom in the cart to buy too but I finally found restraint I left it behind. I had spent enough on upgrading my rosin game at that point 😋

glass rig 2.pngglass rig1.png

haha if you saw all my other bongs you'd understand...The more my rigs look like a bizarre science lab the more I like them.
One main reason I went with the pro is the unicorn horn in the center but when I saw there were also recyclers for it, that's like putting stink bait on the hook and I'm the catfish! I'll gobble it up every time!😵‍💫
1700608561805.png
:D:D:D

That's funny about the knockoff because when I saw Pulsar's new vape looked like a weird Peak I thought, jut get the Peak and be done with it.
I've been looking at all the glass options too! Everything from mild to wild! And some glass more expensive than two or three peak pros together!!

Where you find the wireless charger? I liked that option too and yep all kinds of thingis on thingiverse for the peak!

Just got the shipping confirmation so with the holiday and such I bet I have it the middle to late next week. Their HQ is in North Carolina so faster for you. So excited!!🤪

I also considered these two and did have the mushroom in the cart to buy too but I finally found restraint I left it behind. I had spent enough on upgrading my rosin game at that point 😋

View attachment 30886View attachment 30887

i bought this one... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FM8R7J1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

you can get one to match your pearl!! i paid $13 for it a year ago..

not sure if you've found zee's yet but they have great accessories and parts... https://www.zeevapor.com/

the peak is small and not hard to clean at all...

View attachment 30797

a splash of acetone, shake n dump.. followed by a splash of ipa, shake n dump... rinse with water.. done!

takes about a whole minute to clean like new!
I feel like I should ironically klean my rig

Attachments

• IMG_0342.jpeg
    IMG_0342.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0343.jpeg
    IMG_0343.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
And with siding got caught up pressing small batches - so much fun yesterday ! God I miss playin with pot ! Set up my diy rig in the garage

Attachments

• IMG_0374.jpeg
    IMG_0374.jpeg
    753.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0371.jpeg
    IMG_0371.jpeg
    790 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0369.jpeg
    IMG_0369.jpeg
    474.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0368.jpeg
    IMG_0368.jpeg
    602.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0357.jpeg
    IMG_0357.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 6
i bought this one... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FM8R7J1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

you can get one to match your pearl!! i paid $13 for it a year ago..

not sure if you've found zee's yet but they have great accessories and parts... https://www.zeevapor.com/

You're a cruel sumbitch for linking me to that zeevapor site!! That shit triggered my glass fetish all over again when I thought I had it beat!!!

I ordered that charger and it's already here. The Peak will be here either today or tomorrow so by tomorrow night I should be getting high AF with the new vape!!
🩲 for the info buddy!

You're a cruel sumbitch for linking me to that zeevapor site!! That shit triggered my glass fetish all over again when I thought I had it beat!!!

I ordered that charger and it's already here. The Peak will be here either today or tomorrow so by tomorrow night I should be getting high AF with the new vape!!
🩲 for the info buddy!

check these places out...

or $1K on cookie monster... https://thecavesmokeshop.com/produc...eak-top-cookie-monster?variant=41606179487924

you would think for a thousand you could get one without cross eyes?!?!

i dated a girl once that was cross eyed.. we broke up, just couldn't see eye to eye!!

turns out she was seeing somebody on the side!!

:D

you're gonna have a blast connecting your current glass to your pro!! ice bongs, snow bongs, bucket bongs... you can connect em all!!!!

full

View attachment 7556-56d593eba798cefaf3ebbc02cbbcf7ef.mov

🙃:)🙃

Bandit inspired me, so I picked up a Galloway Double Rachet top for my Peak Pro. The top and the 3D XL chamber were both worthwhile upgrades. Hits like a champ!
IMG_2926.jpeg
I posted these in my other thread, but since this thread was about Rosin presses, I will lost here two.

DFG Triangle Skunk Shine
IMG_2922.jpeg
IMG_2921.jpeg
IMG_2917.jpeg
IMG_2924.jpeg
IMG_2925.jpeg

Bandit inspired me, so I picked up a Galloway Double Rachet top for my Peak Pro. The top and the 3D XL chamber were both worthwhile upgrades. Hits like a champ!
View attachment 34636
I posted these in my other thread, but since this thread was about Rosin presses, I will lost here two.

DFG Triangle Skunk Shine
View attachment 34638
View attachment 34637
View attachment 34641
View attachment 34639
View attachment 34640

killer lookin squish!!!

how do you like the XL chamber?

It’s awesome. I use the same size dab but get bigger clouds for sure.

yeah bigger rips?!? very cool, i wasn't expecting to hear that.

do you notice any difference in heat up time compared to the little size?

new glass looks pimp too... i like that!!!

View attachment 34636

DFG Triangle Skunk Shine
View attachment 34638
View attachment 34637
View attachment 34641
View attachment 34639
View attachment 34640

That's awesome Nesta!
The Peak has been nothing short of incredible for me. Easily my best vape experience and I love how ez it is to keep clean. Using my phone to set it was weird at first because I was so used to using a button on erigs and portable vapes but it's ez for me now.

Are you using the USB to charge or a base charger?
Stoney turned me onto using a base charger and at first I thought it was something unique for Peak but it's the same type of charger I use for my phone.
I got another to match the peak and charge it where it sits up on the bar but I also 3D printed a little cradle to dress it up.
I have about 4 cradle designs ready to go. 3 are geometric and one is an actual mountain range with a mountain peak I'll start printing out tonight.
Here's my first geometric cradle done in a red, green, and gold, color changing filament.
I can make one of these for you or any other Bud Builder using a peak too.

IMG_6160.JPG

That's awesome Nesta!
The Peak has been nothing short of incredible for me. Easily my best vape experience and I love how ez it is to keep clean. Using my phone to set it was weird at first because I was so used to using a button on erigs and portable vapes but it's ez for me now.

Are you using the USB to charge or a base charger?
Stoney turned me onto using a base charger and at first I thought it was something unique for Peak but it's the same type of charger I use for my phone.
I got another to match the peak and charge it where it sits up on the bar but I also 3D printed a little cradle to dress it up.
I have about 4 cradle designs ready to go. 3 are geometric and one is an actual mountain range with a mountain peak I'll start printing out tonight.
Here's my first geometric cradle done in a red, green, and gold, color changing filament.
I can make one of these for you or any other Bud Builder using a peak too.

View attachment 34783
Yeah, I am using a cell phone charging pad that it just sits on. It’s great! That’s awesome that you can print those docs. I actually just ordered one online that is a Dock and holds Q-tips and hot knife. The one I got is just black so if you could print one with a design, that would be really sweet.

i have a few press questions for you guys, i know a few of you have NS.

do you guys le your press warm up for twenty minutes or so first? or do you wait till it says it's up to temp and go to town?

do you guys use different temps for different flowers? or do you guys have a favorite temp and mostly ride with that? if so, what it is it?

have you guys ever used a laser thermometer to compare the press temperature reading? how close was it?

i feel i've been such a lone wolf with my press and i sometimes maybe forget the simple things i should be doing or not doing...

i always let me press heat up for a while. mostly i like to use a prepress with the flower and like the prepress to sit in a clamp for at least twenty minutes so my press just heats up till i'm ready to go maybe ten minutes or so after i take it out of the mold.

i pretty much ride and die with the same temp, i get weird results when i try to mess with it. i press at 209* on the readout... my laser therm says 82* for some reason i can never read it with that.. i can't touch it so i know it's way hotter than 82... just wish i knew for sure how accurate.

I warm it up for 10 minutes regardless of reading.
I like to press at 180 degrees.
I just got a pre press but really planned on using it for hash~!
I guess I should try it for the press also.
I stuff 21 grams into a 14 gram bag so I don't have to cut top off.

i have a few press questions for you guys, i know a few of you have NS.

do you guys le your press warm up for twenty minutes or so first? or do you wait till it says it's up to temp and go to town?

do you guys use different temps for different flowers? or do you guys have a favorite temp and mostly ride with that? if so, what it is it?

have you guys ever used a laser thermometer to compare the press temperature reading? how close was it?

i feel i've been such a lone wolf with my press and i sometimes maybe forget the simple things i should be doing or not doing...

i always let me press heat up for a while. mostly i like to use a prepress with the flower and like the prepress to sit in a clamp for at least twenty minutes so my press just heats up till i'm ready to go maybe ten minutes or so after i take it out of the mold.

i pretty much ride and die with the same temp, i get weird results when i try to mess with it. i press at 209* on the readout... my laser therm says 82* for some reason i can never read it with that.. i can't touch it so i know it's way hotter than 82... just wish i knew for sure how accurate.
The very first thing I do is turn on the press then I gather all my material, load some bags, cut paper, get something to drink, hit a doob or vape a few times, rassle with a dog, slap the wife on the butt, then I start squishing. IDK how long that is but every time the press is ready when I am.

A lot of people run in the low 200s but I'm a 180-190 kinda guy. Lower temps give me a less runny and more manageable wax that doesn't stick to everything and I can actually roll it up in a ball but over 200 the more it's like a sticky liquid hard to manage. Never gone past 210.

No but I should. I'll turn mine on and let you know what it is today...

Nug smasher videos really helped me. Mostly on bottle tech with bags and pressure limits. I've done a lot of things wrong and try to learn from that and try to repeat success.
I'd say the biggest thing is the squishing brain on my new press has really helped me to understand material pressure vs hydraulic pressure so I'm not blasting holes in bags and smashing thru paper and getting the most yield possible.
You can also do this manually with a little algebra but the one thing that has tripped me up is bag size in the equation. I've used bag size printed on the package and I've also used actual bag size after it's loaded. I believe loaded bag size is more accurate.

thanks guys!! it's sounds like we all do the same thing. let it heat up, we all seem to use low temps and the same temp, not different temps for different strains. that was my main question.

as for the actual number i think i am around that same 180-190 range. if i go below 200 i get zero return, it just flattens out. i believe my controller number is higher than what the plates actually are. my damn laser therm won't measure it. that thing works great on everything but not that shiny aluminum for some reason. i remember a long time ago i got it to work when i opened the plates all the way and angled it to the flat of the plate and saw i higher number but nothing consistent. i think i might try to grip my oven thermometer in the plates and try that.

pressure is a bit different for us not a lot.. just a math equation away. you guys measure PSI at your bottle and i measure ton force at my plates. there's a converter if we wanted to compare..

my yield isn't bad at least i'm not concerned with it. consistency is always nice not runny or brittle right in the middle.
it's all about the quality for me. i just want better squish is all. i look at y'all's pics and it looks top shelf compared to basement bargain shit i get. not that my stuff is shit, i didn't mean that but it seems like about one out ten press' i get a batch where i'm like wow! and you guys post up wow pics every time! could be the buds but c'mon some of my buds gotta be good. and i've pressed plenty of other peoples buds and there's is the same or worse so i was just looking for basic commonalities that maybe i'm not doing, wonder if parchment paper has a play in it.. i use quality stuff though, not the same as you guys but very similar.

i've never been able to have a gusher... wtf??? feel left out!! :D

i need to figure out my temps i think, at least adjust the offset or something so i know i have an accurate starting point.

one thing i will immediately try and thats slapping my woman on the ass before i press!! 😆

my temps are way off! i put my oven thermometer in the jaws and it's off 42* from each other...

View attachment 007.MOV

i only did a quick test with 3 grams pre formed, commando style no bag... definitely got more goo. normally i get three dabs from three grams it's been my measurement guide for years to tell how much i like the strain. this time i got five or six dabs, maybe more i lost count. got pretty torn up from my three gram test.

i think i used to press at these temps and when i started listening to youtube squishers i turned my temps down.. been so long now i don't really remember all the details.

so do you guys think this kind of therm is accurate enough just clamped in the plates a little?

008.JPG

I would want to trust the press temps.
Another thing I do pressing is keep my material as close to the front edge as possible so the spooge falls off the plate/ heat ASAP.

I just got a 1.5x1.5 pre press and want to pack it up with kief from collector and apply heat and pressure with the press.
Seeing your thermometer 'not catching' the heat has me wondering now.
How long did you leave probe in between plates?

I would want to trust the press temps.
Another thing I do pressing is keep my material as close to the front edge as possible so the spooge falls off the plate/ heat ASAP.

I just got a 1.5x1.5 pre press and want to pack it up with kief from collector and apply heat and pressure with the press.
Seeing your thermometer 'not catching' the heat has me wondering now.
How long did you leave probe in between plates?

i left it in there a while.. i checked it, turned up the delta waited turned it up again waited must have been 1/2 hour. i couldn't touch the probe when i took it out.

I an really new to squishing. I close the plates together and set temp. I allow it to heat up while im packing bags (bottle tech syle) and getting setup. Once im ready, the machine has been at temp for a few min for sure. My first few presses I did at 206 with a 1 min warm up and about 2 min full press. I wasn't having great results so i did a lot of reading. I found that a lot of people press sub 200. The squish I posted above has been my best. I pre-pressed 14 grams into 2- 7 gram pucks and packed them into 2 separate 90 micron bags, bottle tech. Temp 175 with a 1:45 preheat and a 3 min press. Low and slow worked better for me.

Back
Top Bottom