Which Ton Rosin Press?

another plus for not using a bag, it's much easier to use the chips for edibles. when using the bags it's impossible to get all of it separated.
There's not much left in my bags for reclaim like that.
Basically the bag puts a tight limit on how far the puck can spread out. So by keeping the puck footprint tiny, you get more tonnage in a smaller spot and get more juice out of the puck with the first squish.
And that's where the blowout factor can ruin it because if it blows, then the material can spread out beyond the bag and into the rosin. The tiny footprint can also blow the paper and get rosin all over the plates and that's where the thicker brands like Katbrite help in those regards
Does the OG have a pressure gauge?
That's the one luxury it's missing.
I have the feel of it down pretty good now but in the beginning it would've really helped dial it in and know it's limit

i can't press more than 3 grams at a time without a bag. i suffer from small plate syndrome. :( i've always said when my heaters/controllers break i will buy bigger ones and everything else on the press including press' themselves have broken over the years but the plates keep on kickin! haha

i'd like to upgrade to 4x7 or bigger one day.

bigger plates seems to be the most popular requirement.
I would concur 3 grams is a good number , and I said same shit but mine has never faultered ! Going on 4/5 years now and I use it at least once a week , well till my move to Indiana - can’t wait to use it again ! Outdoor is coming

another plus for not using a bag, it's much easier to use the chips for edibles. when using the bags it's impossible to get all of it separated.
I quick wash well semi quick ! Lol the pucks and bags in ever clear to use in edibles - u can smoke it but turns out just like a 2nd hot press nasty tasting

Basically the bag puts a tight limit on how far the puck can spread out. So by keeping the puck footprint tiny, you get more tonnage in a smaller spot and get more juice out of the puck with the first squish.
And that's where the blowout factor can ruin it because if it blows, then the material can spread out beyond the bag and into the rosin. The tiny footprint can also blow the paper and get rosin all over the plates and that's where the thicker brands like Katbrite help in those regards

I have the feel of it down pretty good now but in the beginning it would've really helped dial it in and know it's limit
I agree with the footprint theory but I press cold and never get all the good stuff , I wash and put in capsules

Attachments

• IMG_6084.jpeg
    IMG_6084.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6085.jpeg
    IMG_6085.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6192.jpeg
    IMG_6192.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6201.jpeg
    IMG_6201.jpeg
    987.4 KB · Views: 10
I agree with the footprint theory but I press cold and never get all the good stuff , I wash and put in capsules

I've used warm isopropyl in an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner to try and extract anything left over and see if the bags really can be reused but it was a fail.
I did get an extraction but per puck & bag I got maybe one xtra small half pea size dab out of it so it got to be where the effort wasn't worth the reward.
And there is no reusing the bags so IDK where that comes from or who can pull that off but I'd like to see it. I think that's just sales hype.
Tried smoking a used puck and there's something there but it's like packing a bowl but somebody else gets to take the first few hits and I'm left with a half burned bowl on it's way to being ash.

So I dug out my old press out of storage and Nesta, if you want it, it's yours. If Nesta don't want it, it's up for grabs to anybody.
Shipping will be about $25 for the large priority box and you can donate that cost back to Moe for the site funds but other than that, this one is free.
It powered up but it's dirty and needs a good cleaning which I can do.
Looks like the drive bolt might have seized but should release kinda ez if I put a wrench on it. This is it's second drive bolt. They're ez to break the head off so I have a stopper nut on it to prevent that but that stopper also limits the pressure.

Really there's two options here...Use it as a Twister as designed, or take it apart and mount the plates in a hydraulic H frame. I would opt for the latter.
The plates are 2"x4" stainless steel.
I also have a matching prepress to fit it I'll throw in.
Since I got my Nugsmasher this thing has just been collecting dust for the past couple years. It has some mileage on it but looks to still have lots of life at least in the plates and electronics. Bought it new in 2015 and shortly after the model was discontinued. I retired it in 2020

IMG_5509.JPG

So I dug out my old press out of storage and Nesta, if you want it, it's yours. If Nesta don't want it, it's up for grabs to anybody.
Shipping will be about $25 for the large priority box and you can donate that cost back to Moe for the site funds but other than that, this one is free.
Looks like the drive bolt might have seized but should release kinda ez if I put a wrench on it. This is it's second drive bolt. They're ez to break the head off so I have a stopper nut on it to prevent that but that stopper also limits the pressure.

Really there's two options here...Use it as a Twister as designed, or take it apart and mount the plates in a hydraulic H frame. I would opt for the latter.
Since I got my Nugsmasher this thing has just been collecting dust for the past couple years. It has some mileage on it but looks to still have lots of life at least in the plates and electronics. Bought it new in 2015 and shortly after the model was discontinued. I retired it in 2020

View attachment 22135
Dibs after Nesta.

View attachment 22135
Very generous offer @Nesta

Dibs after Nesta.
It's yours bro! DM me where to send it and I'll try to get it out Saturday
I appreciate the offer Bandit! Now that I went down this rabbit hole I have my eyes on a Nugsmasher XP among a few others models. Thank you very much. Its up for grabs folks.
Very nice choice!
That one might be my next too. NS offers a trade in discount but not sure if it still works with the OG. But if I could rewind the clock, that woulda been my choice too

time out:... when over the past couple years a forum PM turned into a DM??? whats the D for? direct? what was wrong with private? maybe it's not so private so it had to change??

so whats DM? ahhh dirty message!!!! dongle message? i'm so confused!!!

time out:... when over the past couple years a forum PM turned into a DM??? whats the D for? direct? what was wrong with private? maybe it's not so private so it had to change??

so whats DM? ahhh dirty message!!!! dongle message? i'm so confused!!!

Gotta watch the word choice. If I tell somebody on a weed forum to send me a PM, I might get powdery mildew. ;) And I've had enough issues with my grows lately so I don't need that one🥴

I must have missed how you use the chips as edibles.

A little bit of salt and pepper?

🤮

if ya want, i don't mind cracked pepper on em... some folks like vinegar ewwww... or BBQ flavored, so gross!! :ROFLMAO:

nah man, you gotta eat the rosin chips!!!

DSCN1151.JPG

they're not controlled like a modern day edible. more like an old school brownie some really mess your whole day up!!! hehehe

oh i fully agree with ya man!! i was just clownin with the 15 tons. that is too much for that style. i haven't had much practice with the bags, you sent me those strong ones and i just started trying out the cylinder style like you do and that's when i broke my jack. so now i get to learn all over again.

i really don't want the blowouts just fun to be able to put that much pressure on it!!!! i actually finding i have better results keeping the pouch flat and rectangle. i put a little pressure for a couple minutes to build up heat in the bag and get it soft then i lay it on heavy. went to 19 tons on this one and no blowouts. she gushed out the back door...

DSCN1152.JPG

i'm not sure of the brand paper i use, i cut them in thirds with a paper cutter and always have a sheet ready to go!! i remember when we had bleed through and tearing problems with the thinner stuff. i bought this brand now twice and never had an issue..

had to look it up.. been using this.. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0742M7KR7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

most times it looks so good after using it you could use it again!!
I would concur 3 grams is a good number , and I said same shit but mine has never faultered ! Going on 4/5 years now and I use it at least once a week , well till my move to Indiana - can’t wait to use it again ! Outdoor is coming

i had the exact same press as yours... i destroyed that thing after a couple years. i was putting a three foot pipe on the end to get more leverage and ended up blowing out the top. i welded it a couple times but it ended up being dangerous over time. so i upgraded to HF's oil filter crusher and put my heat plates on that. then i messed up the jack trying to put a gauge on it and recently bought a new jack with the gauge already on.

i started by using a hair straightener and clamps, i fell in love with it then an there's no way i'm not having a press in my home!!!! hahaha

I quick wash well semi quick ! Lol the pucks and bags in ever clear to use in edibles - u can smoke it but turns out just like a 2nd hot press nasty tasting

i never used liquor at all. mostly i just slice it up with scissors and eat it. goes down pretty easy with yogurt in the morning! sometime i take the time to grind it up in powder and put it in capsules.. easier to does that way.

i've also soaked the powder in a glycol/glycerin combo then squeezed it out and added that to any liquid. that's the best, kicks in quick and ez to drink. takes the longest to make though!!
Gotta watch the word choice. If I tell somebody on a weed forum to send me a PM, I might get powdery mildew. ;) And I've had enough issues with my grows lately so I don't need that one🥴

ah you don't want that stuff man, i've had it!!! hahaha

Bandit has always been more than generous with info and the goods.
Members like him make this forum all it can be~! (y)

you fuckin got that right!!

All this speak of presses makes me want to go to my basement and squish flowers, lol
It did me too. I hadn't squished anything for about 4 months and it appears the seal has started a leak. This flower is 11 months since harvest, aka dark.
Fresh flowers about a month in cure press the lightest colour and yield the best imo

20230922_101432.jpg20230922_102405.jpg

Attachments

• 20230922_102202.jpg
    20230922_102202.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
It did me too. I hadn't squished anything for about 4 months and it appears the seal has started a leak. This flower is 11 months since harvest, aka dark.
Fresh flowers about a month in cure press the lightest colour and yield the best imo

View attachment 22361View attachment 22362
Pressing at 2900 psi? I’m usually down around 1800. Yep, you got a bad leak on that bottle. I’d contact Dabpress about that.

Pressing at 2900 psi? I’m usually down around 1800. Yep, you got a bad leak on that bottle. I’d contact Dabpress about that.
Its almost 3 years old i wouldn't expect them to do much

Back
Top Bottom