Zen’s Continually Wicked Hot Mess

Zen_seeker

Kush Kingpin
Reaction score
I’ve been working with Goodshit97 to try and get a continuous grow going. Something simple that graduates from seed/clone to sprout, pre-veg, veg and finally flower.

Only have about 6 full grows under my belt but they have been pretty good.

However I seem to get into problems due to my setup.

I have a 2-1 or 3-1 setup. Gets called both.

It’s a 4’x3’x6’ tent made into 3 zones.
Zone 1: 3’x1’x3’ (Propagation)
Zone 2: 3’x1’x3’ (Pre-Veg/On Hold)
Zone 3: 3’x3’x6’ (Main Veg/Flower)

I found this lacking in space for pre-veg and I had an abundance of space in propagation.

So I used PVC to make Zone 1 & 2 more functional.

Zone 1: 3’x2’x3’
Zone 2: 3’x4’x3’

This lets me grow out a bit more in pre-veg if problems occur in the veg/flower zone and we get behind by a week or two chasing deficiencies.

The goal is/was to have 4 cannabis plant’s always growing at some stage.

I currently fell into a 3 to 1 cycle. Either 3 are heading to flower with one starting as seed/clone or other way round.

However in pre-veg, zone 2, they are being treated like a mother. Less light, less nutes, and less water. Trying to slow things down until ready to transplant and move to zone 3.

There in lies the rub. By the time I move plants from zone 2 to zone 3 they get a deficiency. Exactly what is still unknown. But we are close to getting it dialed in.

Please don’t reply/post until I finish page two. I’m slow on this phone and it’s a battle. Just want to save...

Hey zen is your light turned up all the way? Sorry havnt realy been following along on this grow but it looks sunburnt and IMHO needs or dosnt need water.lol something with the watering needs tweeked.mabey a dash of cal.
Hey bud! Good to see you!

Twins are under 75%. I tried 100% for a day or two, see if flip was possible but that made things worse for a few days. Leaving at 75% for now.

Solo was set to same as twins. About 50,000LUX. But bumped down to about 40,000LUX. Dimmer sucks, no settings. Should meter.

Next feed/water is in a few more days. Taking it as dry as I dare. Then feeding. I have Pro Cal from Greenplanet. Was thinking of dropping the base 4–0-0 for next feeding in case Nitrogen Toxicity.
But I’m guessing. Just trying not to act without thinking.

I really think watering is the main culprit to what I see.
I also notice you have added no Ca at all yet?
I use the meters when I really wonder and the readings you have would tell me to wait before watering.
Guys use the voting. I want her fixed but we need to test the crowd sourcing too. 🤣

Ya I'm not sure to be honest.at first glance I thought to much light and mabey need a little cal and nitrogen. But if the light is to bright it can make them get all wonky and not take nutes like they should.have you grown this strain before?if you not switched to flower yet I would lower the light intensity some more at least until they feel better but that just my opinion.

These are all clones of the last one. About 70/30 sativa at a guess. (Head likes it)

They are from December. So slow grown until moved to the 3x3 zone. That was about 50 days ago. So I’m thinking they might be hungry as the soil is empty or near empty of nutrients. Top leaves might be a bit greener or wishful thinking.

I can do 50%. Nothing to lose but time.

Might even cut in half. Since the SCROG is already hard to manage and I didn’t get CGs style until later. (I need to see it sometimes)

Pretty sure G$ said that too yesterday when I was looking for the flamethrower. Chop and reset.

Clones on Veg Day 42:
These clones got started in December so about 4 months old.

Twins:
5DB2A365-97AB-46A2-A5B6-F97733B5BB25.jpegE46307E9-0872-436A-96B9-93086BA681E7.jpeg
I think half feeding might have helped? To me it looks a bit greener up top.

Solo:
14DD2218-8D4A-4A38-AC0A-027194FB8A2A.jpeg4C59C0C0-47D0-4D04-B064-64A52D66A178.jpeg
Don’t notice the yellow unless flash or in person.

Clones and veggies:
6C41CF3E-B0AD-461F-9524-90B09FF0896D.jpegF45123F8-FB4C-4B4A-979E-449C774FE2C3.jpeg

Leaving alone until the weekend. Once as dry as I feel safe doing, when meter says 2 or less from side holes, I’ll feed/water.

L8r

4143BB7F-BF56-49EE-A659-E50A34029D1D.png
I don’t get to pic from my phone to post a pic in DM.

And the is the main screen at login that should should be fixed or changed to welcome screen.
43B1FB11-9FCD-43DE-83A7-5577D912C055.png

Nuke or leave after you read @Moe.Red

We’re going to need one done properly first I think. As an example.

The TV show was good, not true, but good.
Agreed. This one might actually have been better as a poll format rather than question type thread. It would have been easier for the user to catch the meaning of what is going on.

We have done the question thing over on the private side of the board, we could do one as a demo and make it a sticky on the top of the question board.

Snoop dog. Works. But not directly gotta open a viewer. We will look at that now that you can choose them.

I’ll work on this on a bit gotta watch mandalorian with my sweetie

Just so this isn’t left dead I’ll update until a conclusion.

Working with Mikedin, GNick & G$ in PM the last 48 hours.

It’s believed that things went from fine to multi issued at the transplant. A few small things just added up wrong to cause Nitrogen Toxicity. When I mixed my soil the Jobes and worm castings added pushed other % up we didn’t note. I also added 15ml/20ml epsom every watering witch GNick said was to much.

We decided to try feeding Solo when her roots got to 0.5 out of 10 on the moisture meter. After 9 days I fed her last night.

Nutrients mix:
6ml/3.5L Grow 2-2-4
7ml/3.5L. Karma 0.1-0.1-0.5
Total used: 11L
Runoff: 1.5L after 12Hrs. PH 6.51

Solo after feeding:
189D7D20-C7D4-4850-80A1-BE4B7925515B.jpegCDCF465D-6D78-4DCD-A9B5-B16B0B3919E8.jpeg552C4E9C-EBD1-4F04-8E61-BE9325930F03.jpeg

Currently the twins are set for water only tonight or tomorrow. I’ll update them separately since we are now experimenting.

Last edited:
The light has been lowered and raised a few times over the last month.

Currently they are as follows;

Solo:
440w LED board set to 120-180 LUX
18”+ above canopy

Twins:
300w LED Photontek set to 240-270 LUX
16”+ above canopy

IIRC

Currently watching and waiting.
Nitrogen toxicity and over watering are the current theory.

Solo:
28F993A0-19BD-4701-8C3F-8D07578BA525.jpeg

Twins:
541F08BF-259A-4431-9D77-4EE3BFCA05BE.jpeg39859500-F15C-4159-A747-A001C974C7DB.jpeg

Curl is almost gone. Colour seems to be coming back but fades a bit after each feeding. As long as it keeps improving I’ll keep trying.

Been bummed out and can’t shake it. Plants are about two months behind schedule. Not that it matters, as long as I don’t run out. 😝

By the time they’re healthy I won’t have room for stretch. 🤣
I know that feeling. I’ve had to take clones and start over due to a bad start before.

I’m not seeing n tox in those last pics. Is that because you are past that or is that the active diagnosis of those pics?

Other than the slight difference in NPK & $
These are both Botanicare micro nutrients.

Karma which is 0.1-0.1-0.5 @ $35

Pure Blend Tea is 0.5-0.5-1 @ $17

Both say they are for veg/transition/bloom.

Any reason I should stick with the karma over the tea? It’s part of what I use now.

Cutting the tea in half is 0.25-0.25-0.5 so wouldn’t that be pretty much the same or am I making this to simple?

I’m trying to understand how this NPK works and I’ve seen charts but nothing with an index or legend that gives me a number to use. No x/y that says on week 5 NPK = 2-4-6

Is (A)4-4-4 = (B) 4-4-4 ?

I understand it would just be a guide like the charts some nutrients have on the back. (Everyone says to only use half of that, except the stores.)

I’d still need to learn what to do to fix things. Just frustrated.

It takes time to understand how they work and when to give what but keep at it. You'll understand as long as you continue.

I've just started to look at how to concoct my own nutes and how to get the ratios I want at the time the plant needs them.

Other than the slight difference in NPK & $
These are both Botanicare micro nutrients.

Karma which is 0.1-0.1-0.5 @ $35

Pure Blend Tea is 0.5-0.5-1 @ $17

Both say they are for veg/transition/bloom.

Any reason I should stick with the karma over the tea? It’s part of what I use now.

Cutting the tea in half is 0.25-0.25-0.5 so wouldn’t that be pretty much the same or am I making this to simple?

I’m trying to understand how this NPK works and I’ve seen charts but nothing with an index or legend that gives me a number to use. No x/y that says on week 5 NPK = 2-4-6

Is (A)4-4-4 = (B) 4-4-4 ?

I understand it would just be a guide like the charts some nutrients have on the back. (Everyone says to only use half of that, except the stores.)

Hang in there once ya f get it it’s so satisfying! You got this - remember moes a master ! You plants may not be perfect but look good brother !

It would be nice to push a button and have the solution printed out before us but it really is a educated guess and the guessing does get easier with time. Or at least it should lol

Back
Top Bottom