3D printers and the things growers and stoners can make with them

Like my ac I’m still waiting for - a bigger one would be easier to get but actually less efficient
Are you getting an inverter mini split? Why worse if bigger? Mine are full variable speed and handle any load big or small.

so the other day i got a new roll of filament and i was all excited to try it out. opened the box, sliced open the bag and pulled out the spool. then in a stoner moment i looked down and the side of the bag i didn't cut was a ziplock!!! 😞

so the other day i got a new roll of filament and i was all excited to try it out. opened the box, sliced open the bag and pulled out the spool. then in a stoner moment i looked down and the side of the bag i didn't cut was a ziplock!!! 😞
I've done that more times than I care to admit 🙃

Are you getting an inverter mini split? Why worse if bigger? Mine are full variable speed and handle any load big or small.
Ima look into this cuz I can buy a bigger one today .

This will be the longest single print I've ever done and doubt many will come close. It's the shell for a sub irrigated planter and I still have the bottom screen to design so I bet this one planter box will take well over a week to print out 😵‍💫

sip snip.png

It's a marathon print but a pretty marathon so far. Two full days and this morning is at around 22% complete. I'm using a multicolor filament for this one. I wanted to do rasta but that multi color was $30 a spool! So I went with this rainbow color at only $19/spool

View attachment IMG_4619.MOV

And I think I found a use for all these terminator hands I made trying to make a terminator hand backscratcher...

IMG_0312.JPG

It's a marathon print but a pretty marathon so far. Two full days and this morning is at around 22% complete. I'm using a multicolor filament for this one. I wanted to do rasta but that multi color was $30 a spool! So I went with this rainbow color at only $19/spool

View attachment 1706

And I think I found a use for all these terminator hands I made trying to make a terminator hand backscratcher...

View attachment 1707

my goodness that thing is huge!!!! shows your bed is nice and level thats for sure!! those multi color rolls are really cool.

i finally changed out my hotend and heater wires today. it was giving me issues again but electrically not mechanically this time. my temps would fluctuate pretty rapidly, faster than they physically could change and sometimes it would report a 30 or 40 degree drop in a second and it would error out and i would have to power it off and on again to resume. i think my thermocouple wire may have been broken or maybe messed up where filament melted in there?? i'm not sure so i replaced the hotend that i had compromised threads on and the wires that may or may not have been bad. only time will tell!!!

i have an all nighter of petg printing out a flower mill to test it out!!!
🙃

my goodness that thing is huge!!!! shows your bed is nice and level thats for sure!! those multi color rolls are really cool.

i finally changed out my hotend and heater wires today. it was giving me issues again but electrically not mechanically this time. my temps would fluctuate pretty rapidly, faster than they physically could change and sometimes it would report a 30 or 40 degree drop in a second and it would error out and i would have to power it off and on again to resume. i think my thermocouple wire may have been broken or maybe messed up where filament melted in there?? i'm not sure so i replaced the hotend that i had compromised threads on and the wires that may or may not have been bad. only time will tell!!!

i have an all nighter of petg printing out a flower mill to test it out!!!
🙃
Wow it sounds like your hotend went wonky AF!!!
Ever since the change mine has been working flawlessly so I bet you'll be very happy now.

Man last night after work I came in to have a look and found a flaw in the print. It was a dumbsky mistake in the design I've already corrected for the next print but oh well. I even did a test print on a miniature version but the test print didn't print the flaw.
I'm letting it continue since it will be a working SIP, it just has a weird offset on one wall so it's flawed a bit.
I'm also not real happy with the color. It's full on rainbow and I thought it would be something different because of the pic in the add.
I thought it would be a tri-color like this

filament.png

But instead it's full blown Pride rainbow

View attachment IMG_4624.MOV

So I sat there last night watching this thing being made and pondering stopping the print while sipping some bourbon, hitting a couple dabs, and smoking a joint and it hit me....
I'll finish printing it out, load it with soil and a plant, and sell it as a Pride Planter in the online neighborhood classifieds. Given the large gay community in this city I bet it sells fast and probably at whatever I ask for it so I'm thinking of asking $100 to start. And who knows if I get a lot of people asking for it I may make more to sell and help fund this hobby.🤑

So I fixed the flaw but also figured out how to build something on tinkercad, convert it to the STL file and save it to my desktop, then import the STL back to tinkercad so the design is one single part rather than multiple individual parts. When I get some time I'll do that with the vertical germinator and other stuff.
Yeah I'm slow when it comes to figuring out the obvious 🥴
So this SIP is now available as a single part design that can be reshaped. I'm calling it the Tomautopot🥸

It's a 295x295x295 design but can be resized. I'm actually printing mine at 275x275x300
The bottom screen will be available soon. I have it ready to go but will have to reshape to make sure it's exact so first I have to wait for the shell print to finish so I get the final dimensions spot on. But it will be a mesh screen with two built in netcups and I'll also make a fill tube to go along with it all so it's a complete kit.
And I've already ordered the next multicolor filaments for the next one so I get what I want. I looked for camo but only finding military green but I did get rasta and a black and red *Mahindra* swirl 😋

colors.png

Last edited:
So I fixed the flaw but also figured out how to build something on tinkercad, convert it to the STL file and save it to my desktop, then import the STL back to tinkercad so the design is one single part rather than multiple individual parts. When I get some time I'll do that with the vertical germinator and other stuff.
Yeah I'm slow when it comes to figuring out the obvious 🥴
So this SIP is now available as a single part design that can be reshaped. I'm calling it the Tomautopot🥸

It's a 295x295x295 design but can be resized. I'm actually printing mine at 275x275x300
The bottom screen will be available soon. I have it ready to go but will have to reshape to make sure it's exact so first I have to wait for the shell print to finish so I get the final dimensions spot on. But it will be a mesh screen with two built in netcups and I'll also make a fill tube to go along with it all so it's a complete kit.
And I've already ordered the next multicolor filaments for the next one so I get what I want. I looked for camo but only finding military green but I did get rasta and a black and red *Mahindra* swirl 😋

View attachment 1735

I've used the export/resave/import too... another way to do it is highlight all the items in tinkercad then press group. you can then press it again and ungroup and change a part if ya want to.... i made a vid for ya... and i wonder what the new "cruise" feature does, they just added that today!!! can't wait to mess with that!!!

View attachment DSCN0538.MOV

I've seen that black n red before and thought is was so badass!!!!!!

i bet you'll sell that piece in no time!! that community of people love rainbow stuff, i even saw an old twister mat hanging on a porch because they didn't have a real rainbow.... your planter will sell for sure!!!! :love:

I've used the export/resave/import too... another way to do it is highlight all the items in tinkercad then press group. you can then press it again and ungroup and change a part if ya want to.... i made a vid for ya... and i wonder what the new "cruise" feature does, they just added that today!!! can't wait to mess with that!!!

View attachment 1747

I've seen that black n red before and thought is was so badass!!!!!!

i bet you'll sell that piece in no time!! that community of people love rainbow stuff, i even saw an old twister mat hanging on a porch because they didn't have a real rainbow.... your planter will sell for sure!!!! :love:
Ha!!! Learn something new every day messing with these things! Clearly I need to press more buttons and see what they do.
I'm not sure what the cruise feature is about. Sim lab looks like fun but not sure what I'd use it for other than making some sort of Rube Goldberg machine. Never clicked on the lego blocks or circuit maker either.
BTW I swiped your airpot button design! Brilliant Brother!!! Love the leaf on there. I've been thinking about making screens just for a change in color. That black and red would be so baddass.
Yeah I think the pride planter might be one of those things I accidentally stumble on that could be a real $$ maker. There's so many of those flags hanging from balconies next door at the apartments it'll be ez. I'll just load it up with a little 3-4 plant variety herb garden for kitchens or balconies and let word of mouth do the rest.

I think I want to try camo but will use 3-4 spools to do it since there's no blends. That military green, black, and the wood filaments should do the trick. I also ordered some Krylon UV protestant coating to put on the SIPs and hopefully make them last.

This one's more my style 😋

View attachment IMG_4664.MOV

The color is insane and each side is different. I've downsized it a little more and now it's under a 5 day print.
It's at about 80% now and hope to have it done by tomorrow and a plant in it by Sunday.
Bottom screen is available for download then next I'll have the netcups ready

SIP bottom.png

sipbottom2.png

Love this thing!!!
180 fps out of a dart blaster. Absolutely insane, they run on 2 or 3 cell lipo batteries.
I could step it up to 220-250 fps if i had a quad motor cage printed and bought 2 more motors for it. But i think 250 fps out of a nerf gun is a little ridiculous lol. View attachment 2161
View attachment 2162

I want one!! You have links to the model parts I can download?

Tomautopot shell fresh off the printer. Looks nothing like what I thought it might be but I ain't mad!
I have the screen and fill tube underway now and should be done tomorrow night.

View attachment IMG_4666.MOV

The rainbow version already has a buyer with 3 more requests for one and I haven't even finished it yet. And now, after seeing this one my wife is begging me to do more planters and vases for around the house. I might've stumbled on a little Summer side hustle with these things!

I'll start it off by saying if I and all my ADD, blurred vision, stoned and aging mind can figure out this stuff then I know you can to. At first it's overwhelming but then I realized it's all simple really once you understand a few things and go thru some trial and error. I'm fairly new to all of it but getting better with each new project.

My printer is a Creality Ender 3 Max Neo and I can make anything sized up to about 11"x 11"x 12"

I use the Creality Slicer program which is the same as Cura. I also have Creality Print on my PC but have not got into using it much

To make things that do not exist or to resize downloads of prints others have made I use Tinkercad which requires an account set up. Using it is free

To download files of existing things, I use Cults and Thingiverse.
Basically my process is download a file and put it on my desktop. From there I open up Tinkercad, start a new project, and hit the import button. It will import the download to my Tinkercad profile and from there I can resize it to exactly what I want.

This link is to my Tinkercad account where you can find all the things I've created and made public for anybody to take and remix or download as is to your computer.

Some of the things I've either designed from nothing, just working with shapes to make things, or taking a download and remixing it to the specs I need...

Vertical germinators

View attachment 539

View attachment 540

View attachment 541

View attachment 542

Seedling support stakes for stretchy sprouts

View attachment 543

SCROG hooks

View attachment 544

View attachment 546

Ratchet rope hanger organizers

View attachment 548

Inkbird CO2 monitor wall mount cradle

View attachment 552

Watering can

View attachment 554

Netcups

View attachment 555

To be continued....
Hey Bandit,

Went to download the germinator model and I can't seem to find it in tinkercad. I set up an account, but I do not see your files.

Can you maybe attach it here?

So cool.

I need go grab some pics of the ones I work on at the real job. $1.5M each. Not kidding.

svp-from-ejenson-april-202140*1200xx2736-1539-0-143.png

My part is the imaging system behind the blue panel.
wtf

I can see this being my next project. Not for the wife though. There's some squirrels in the backyard who like to steal my tomatoes and olives before they get ripe and it's time for a reckoning. I don't wanna kill them but I do wanna pop 'em a few times when I see them checking out my veggies.🤠
I used to use paint balls. Worked for years then they changed the laws and now illegal.

Hey Bandit,

Went to download the germinator model and I can't seem to find it in tinkercad. I set up an account, but I do not see your files.

Can you maybe attach it here?
I need to look at them again and make sure they're sized correct. I've played with resizing and need to make sure all the parts are sized right and I want to organize the 3 parts into a single print.

What is a good decent printer for a beginner that prints decent size. Learning curve seems high to get started.

Back
Top Bottom