3D printers and the things growers and stoners can make with them

That's my price range too.
My only advice is buy the biggest your budget will allow and get one with auto-leveling included and not something to upgrade into later.
I have the Ender 3 Max Neo. I like it a lot and am very happy with what it can do. It's not perfect, but I would buy it again just because it's big, affordable, and already comes with things people buy later to upgrade the V2 so I got all the bells and whistles out of the box.
Best time to buy is black friday and prime day sales or check Amazon "Today's Deals" every day. Not just the printer but for filament too. Might be some Memorial Day sales too if you're looking to buy asap.
Good luck!

Sorry missed a few tags here.

I use Prusa, and they are closer to $1000 by the time you are set up and printing. The build plate is limited to 220x250x220H mm. That is the drawback. But in terms of useable prints, I think it is outstanding.

My filament of choice is PETg. PLA is easier, and for knick knacks its cool and has many colors and finishes. PETg is more UV resistant, and is much stronger for parts that are getting used rather than looked at.

My only advice is buy the biggest your budget will allow and get one with auto-leveling included and not something to upgrade into later.
I have the Ender 3 Max Neo. I like it a lot and am very happy with what it can do. It's not perfect, but I would buy it again just because it's big, affordable, and already comes with things people buy later to upgrade the V2 so I got all the bells and whistles out of the box.
Best time to buy is black friday and prime day sales or check Amazon "Today's Deals" every day. Not just the printer but for filament too. Might be some Memorial Day sales too if you're looking to buy asap.
Good luck!
My father in law has 4 ender 3 v2 printers and the ender 3 max neo, he just got the max like a month ago, but hes wicked excited cause hes gonna use it to make Storm Trooper oufits.

Limited Edition and one of a kind silk rasta Vertical Germinator is in production! Maybe we can throw this one in for a prize at some point?
This is the final 100x100x20 design. Once this is done I'll get the exact measurement for the inside cover and corrugated part then consolidate all 3 pieces in a single Gcode.
All three together will probably be around a 10-12 hour print and will be able to germinate a maximum 12 seeds at one time

View attachment IMG_4860.MOV

Last edited by a moderator:
Limited Edition and one of a kind silk rasta Vertical Germinator is in production! Maybe we can throw this one in for a prize at some point?
This is the final 100x100x20 design. Once this is done I'll get the exact measurement for the inside cover and corrugated part then consolidate all 3 pieces in a single Gcode.
All three together will probably be around a 10-12 hour print and will be able to germinate a maximum 12 seeds at one time

View attachment 6379
Who do I gotta sleep with to get a file?

Made this tonight. From an old German paper cutter out of production part not available.

IMG_2323.jpeg
IMG_2325.jpeg
IMG_2326.jpeg

Who do I gotta sleep with to get a file?

Made this tonight. From an old German paper cutter out of production part not available.

View attachment 7152
View attachment 7153
View attachment 7154

My printer has been dead in the water for a few days and I was mid-print to get the measurments. Tried to avoid replacing the whole hot end but that's what I have to do. Should be back up tomorrow some time.
It pissed me off a bit so I didn't want to even look at it yesterday. Today was hash making day. So tomorrow I'll change out that part. If I did it any sooner there was a good chance I'd throw it out the window so figured I should wait until I at least didn't want to punch it 😋

My printer has been dead in the water for a few days and I was mid-print to get the measurments. Tried to avoid replacing the whole hot end but that's what I have to do. Should be back up tomorrow some time.
It pissed me off a bit so I didn't want to even look at it yesterday. Today was hash making day. So tomorrow I'll change out that part. If I did it any sooner there was a good chance I'd throw it out the window so figured I should wait until I at least didn't want to punch it 😋
I've had to do it a few times too. You gotta hold your mouth just right.

Mission finally accomplished. 😋
Downloadable files for all three parts of the VG to print at one time. Download off Tinkercad or click attached zip file

This is just too nice of you man.
I just got gifted an Ender 3 v2, so this will be the first thing i print once i figure out how to use the darned thing!

I have an Ender3v2 as well. If you're in the market for a new printer, check out BambuLab. Enders are cheap and you can get decent prints but it requires some know how getting started. If you want it to 'just work', Bambu look amazing. They are more like the Apple of 3d printers. More closed than Ender / Prusa but performance and polish is in a different league right now.

After all the prototypes and resizing, it's been perfected.
Xtra thick base to give it bottom weight and better ability to stand up on it's own
Inside cover has thin walls for slight flex allowing a very snug fit between covers
Corrugated channels are widened and deepened to ensure a great cradle for seeds and will keep those taps straight. Still 12 site so a whole pack of seeds can go in at one time or split strains, 6 per each side to keep them separated and organized

IMG_5104.JPG

IMG_5105.JPG

IMG_5106.JPG

Final size is 100mm x 100mm. Nothing should need to be resized and you're looking at roughly around a 13 hour print

Last edited:
hey Moe.Red, i'm curious as to your favorite brand of PETG filament?

i just picked up a double roll of overture on a prime deal to try out. 🙃
Moe may be travelling the middle through end of this week and next week so may take some time to respond.

hey Moe.Red, i'm curious as to your favorite brand of PETG filament?

i just picked up a double roll of overture on a prime deal to try out. 🙃
I love me some Prusa. It's a couple bux more but I can print so reliably with it there is just no point in going cheap.

I seldom print in PLA anymore because the physical properties are inferior in every way except color choice for our needs. Most people use it because it is easier to dial in. I find that with a tuned printer and proper PETG I virtually never have a bad print. Only bad designs lol

Last edited:
Moe may be travelling the middle through end of this week and next week so may take some time to respond.
Sitting in Kansas City downtown at the Sheridan. What a great city. And full legal.

Just smoked a little HAOG x CHEM and took a walk around. Way fun. They have these little electric scooters everywhere and you just scan the barcode and get on. Drop it anywhere. Gonna do that tomorrow before I get high lol. My dumb ass would get squashed tonight.

My father in law has 4 ender 3 v2 printers and the ender 3 max neo, he just got the max like a month ago, but hes wicked excited cause hes gonna use it to make Storm Trooper oufits.
When my kid was 13 he got invited to an "older kids" costume party at Halloween. He was really excited as most of the older kids were kids he would be seeing now that he was entering high school. He wanted to make a good first impression so he asked me how he could acquire a stormtrooper outfit. He showed me some half assed chinese looking ones that toddlers wear and I told him to forget that crap. We were going hardcore. I found a guy that had an injection mold shop with the armor molds making them for people but they were pricey. I worked out a barter deal with him and he sent me the armor pieces. They had to be trimmed out and finished along with all the other stuff like rubber neck gator and other details but we got an exact replica of a unit commander stormtrooper. I even modded the helmet with a voice modulator so that when he spoke through it it sounded like the movie.

When he came back from the party he told me he was the hit of the party and everyone wanted to take pictures with him and hang out. I guess he paid attention to what I was doing because the next costume party he went to he made a Death Star officer uniform on his own with rank badges and all the other details. He used a pair of old cavalry officer riding pants and a chefs coat he found at an army surplus store. He still won't tell me where he found the moto cop riding boots. I wish I still had the pictures but this was 20 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom