A little funny?

I thank Baby Jesus every day I don't live under the thumb of an HOA. But damn what kinda tall grass or trash bin left out too long violation gets people the wrath of a tactical butt plug?

View attachment 66069

i would never ever ever live in an HOA!!!! but with that said i do quite a bit of handyman work on the side and don't even take on new customers anymore. i have two property managers that i get work from in five HOA's really close to me, i get so much work from them that i actually sub most of it out anymore and can't even keep up. those people love to waste money!!!!! and i got my hand out!! hehe

I thank Baby Jesus every day I don't live under the thumb of an HOA. But damn what kinda tall grass or trash bin left out too long violation gets people the wrath of a tactical butt plug?

View attachment 66069
it's one thing to rent in an HOA, where it's the landlord's problem. it's another to willing buy where some small dick energy fucks think they have a say over how and what you do. There's a whole subreddit about it. Crazy the shit that shows up. Meanwhile, I sit on my four acres with overly aggressive placement of No Trespassing signs at the perimeter, and regularly doing target practice within view of the one spot that I can be seen doing such. Pretty sure I'm THAT neighbor now lol
i would never ever ever live in an HOA!!!! but with that said i do quite a bit of handyman work on the side and don't even take on new customers anymore. i have two property managers that i get work from in five HOA's really close to me, i get so much work from them that i actually sub most of it out anymore and can't even keep up. those people love to waste money!!!!! and i got my hand out!! hehe
Been considering picking up some of that handyman work, any advice on getting in with HOAs? Just quality of work and word of mouth or did you go and specifically target places like 50+ communities and whatnot? Back in my mid 20s, did quite a bit of that kind of work and the guy I worked for had us in the same communities almost on rotation. Roof here, there and there, next hood, landscape this that and the other.

it's one thing to rent in an HOA, where it's the landlord's problem. it's another to willing buy where some small dick energy fucks think they have a say over how and what you do. There's a whole subreddit about it. Crazy the shit that shows up. Meanwhile, I sit on my four acres with overly aggressive placement of No Trespassing signs at the perimeter, and regularly doing target practice within view of the one spot that I can be seen doing such. Pretty sure I'm THAT neighbor now lol

Been considering picking up some of that handyman work, any advice on getting in with HOAs? Just quality of work and word of mouth or did you go and specifically target places like 50+ communities and whatnot? Back in my mid 20s, did quite a bit of that kind of work and the guy I worked for had us in the same communities almost on rotation. Roof here, there and there, next hood, landscape this that and the other.

i happen to have a long term client that i did electrical work for here and there and he moved into an HOA (against my strong suggestion) and after about a year he became president of the association and got me in on a job and also introduced me to the property manager and she liked my work and quickly became her #1 guy, her previous go to had just retired. then one day in her office i met a second HOA manager of a really big ritzy place and i'm now his go to guy to call for whatever. it happen to just be right place at the right time kind of thing and once i got my foot in i never said no, i took whatever job it was and made sure it was done perfect even if i didn't make much money on it, i made the connection and gave a good impression. property managers like the words "i can take of that" and they love small short updates of good news an just want to hear the job is finished. thats pretty much all they care about. they don't wanna know how you did it, or what it took, they just want it done. short and sweet.

if you're trying to break in i would try to solicit property managers or hoa boards of directors. pick your areas, find the nice ritzy homes and not anything run down too bad. the more upkeep and maintained means more work for you and normally not shit work when it's upkept.

you'll meet the individual home owners as well sometimes and you can always pick up work from them on your own without the manager, i get approached on other jobs constantly, and they also tell their friends and relatives. next thing ya know you need a full time helper and even an overflow guy to just pass entire jobs off to. eventually you can narrow down your client base to just the cream of the crop.

it's a modern business world and proper channels aren't always necessary anymore. i've never advertised a day in my life. when i started my auto detail biz i had business cards made and it turned out i never used a single one. i just ended up going to local places that have a lot of company cars and offered my service. next thing ya know i didn't need to look any further.

don't be afraid to just approach a friendly homeowner outside in a nice development and strike up a conversation. tell them your a handyman looking for work and you were wondering if you could have the property managers name. they're only gonna say no if you don't ask.

i happen to have a long term client that i did electrical work for here and there and he moved into an HOA (against my strong suggestion) and after about a year he became president of the association and got me in on a job and also introduced me to the property manager and she liked my work and quickly became her #1 guy, her previous go to had just retired. then one day in her office i met a second HOA manager of a really big ritzy place and i'm now his go to guy to call for whatever. it happen to just be right place at the right time kind of thing and once i got my foot in i never said no, i took whatever job it was and made sure it was done perfect even if i didn't make much money on it, i made the connection and gave a good impression. property managers like the words "i can take of that" and they love small short updates of good news an just want to hear the job is finished. thats pretty much all they care about. they don't wanna know how you did it, or what it took, they just want it done. short and sweet.

if you're trying to break in i would try to solicit property managers or hoa boards of directors. pick your areas, find the nice ritzy homes and not anything run down too bad. the more upkeep and maintained means more work for you and normally not shit work when it's upkept.

you'll meet the individual home owners as well sometimes and you can always pick up work from them on your own without the manager, i get approached on other jobs constantly, and they also tell their friends and relatives. next thing ya know you need a full time helper and even an overflow guy to just pass entire jobs off to. eventually you can narrow down your client base to just the cream of the crop.

it's a modern business world and proper channels aren't always necessary anymore. i've never advertised a day in my life. when i started my auto detail biz i had business cards made and it turned out i never used a single one. i just ended up going to local places that have a lot of company cars and offered my service. next thing ya know i didn't need to look any further.

don't be afraid to just approach a friendly homeowner outside in a nice development and strike up a conversation. tell them your a handyman looking for work and you were wondering if you could have the property managers name. they're only gonna say no if you don't ask.
that's about what I figured. appreciate the lay down man. with a full time job and young kids, my time's limited but i'm tired of making someone else's dream a reality and rather be on my own. just gotta replace my golden handcuffs first.

View attachment 66069
This seems like the guy that say “ I was going to join the military but..” 🤣

I lived in a couple of places with HOAs, but they didn't do anything, so I had no idea what could happen.

Where I live now has an HOA. WHEN MY HOUSE WAS JUST A FRAME, OPEN TO THE ELEMENTS, I got a letter from them, saying I was in violation for renting my home out without written consent from the HOA. Maybe there was a colony of raccoons using the place and having wild parties at night, I don't know.

Then we voted the douche bags out. It's nice and peaceful here now.

Cop on horse says to little girl on bike, “Did Santa get you that?” “Yes,” replies the little girl. “Well tell him to put a reflector light on it next year!” and fines her $5.
The little girl looks up at the cop and says, “Nice horse you’ve got there, did Santa bring you that?” The cop chuckles and replies, “He sure did!” “Well,” says the little girl, “Next year tell Santa that the dick goes under the horse, not on top of it!”

What does it mean to you?

And why does every picture have to have a meaning? Why not just enjoy it for what it is? lol

What does it mean to you?

And why does every picture have to have a meaning? Why not just enjoy it for what it is? lol

I'm figuring out that you guys seem to be the weirdos that got run off another site. Happens to a lot of forums. In my experience, the breakout site community is usually weird and rooted in the reason why they had to break off the original community. Not being able to help themselves from being bigots of some sort has been a big one. I've seen it many times.

If this place is like that, more power to y'al. I'm glad it got segregated into a toilet.

I'm figuring out that you guys seem to be the weirdos that got run off another site. Happens to a lot of forums. In my experience, the breakout site community is usually weird and rooted in the reason why they had to break off the original community. Not being able to help themselves from being bigots of some sort has been a big one. I've seen it many times.

If this place is like that, more power to y'al. I'm glad it got segregated into a toilet.
I showed up here after whatever went down on the other site and was never a member there. It doesn't matter where we are, there will be people with different views. I don't see any of that going on in the grow threads that are the meat and potatoes of this site. If I was concerned about seeing views other than my own, I might consider avoiding the off-topic threads. As it is, I'm thick skinned and just laugh at the sh_t that's funny, weather a brief spike in blood pressure at the stuff that isn't, and scroll on.

Just suggesting that not everyone here can be painted with the same broad brush. Then again, I may be a product of living in a red area. For the life of me I can't imagine why anyone from the working class would lean that way. It's self-defeating af. My calluses grow thick, lol.

Seriously, there's great people in this forum and I'm learning a lot.

It sounds like you belong back on THCf..........not here. All mouth with NOTHING to back it up.

Dude name Sex comes in judging a meme thread…🫠

It's a nice small toilet.
Easy to flush the shit right out of here.

Nobody here was run off any site.
We all chose to leave a common site as it was fairly corrupted and form our own.
It was a pay to play place like almost all the others. You couldn't say a bad thing or the truth about a sponsor.
That is why we have no sponsors.
We pick and choose what we like out loud. We don't have to cow to anyone to pay our bills.
Our members pay the bills. We are a family here at this point and think most feel that way.
We allow differing opinions.
The line drawn here should not be hard to see for reasonable people.
Don't like it here, have a nice day.
Somewhere else...
Life is full of things we don't choose.
Learn to take what you want or need and leave the rest or be part of the woke problem this country now embraces.
Need more explanation just ask.
Ever hear the term 'thin ice'?

There may be some bigots here, certainly non-PC. And people get called out on it - feel free to do so. There are both Trump voters and Trump haters.

None of this has anything to do with why the originators of the site got booted off another site. It stemmed from the old site insisting on lying to support a bad vendor who sold pest-infested clones. Then the site management went nuts.

We're here because we love growing and ingesting weed. If you want everyone's politics to align, it won't happen here.

QUOTE="Sex Thrillerson, post: 82799, member: 641"]
I'm figuring out that you guys seem to be the weirdos that got run off another site.

Granny says: I embrace my weirdness. I’m most thankful for my ability to be a free thinker and not a part of a mindless hive.

Sex says: Happens to a lot of forums. In my experience, the breakout site community is usually weird and rooted in the reason why they had to break off the original community. Not being able to help themselves from being bigots of some sort has been a big one. I've seen it many times.

Granny says: Do you even know the definition of the word, bigot?
Let me help..
A bigot is a person who has strong, unreasonable beliefs and who does not like other people who have different beliefs or a different way of life as per the Cambridge dictionary.
I believe by the true definition of the word, you may well be a bigot!
We are all valued in here. Different political views, colors, religious preferences.
A little respect and tolerance goes a long way.
Just like me, I don’t hate you because you are narcissistic, controlling, judgmental and condescending. I respect your right to be an ass, but I don’t have to like it. Which btw, I don’t.

Sex says: If this place is like that, more power to y'al. I'm glad it got segregated into a toilet.
[/QUOTE]

Granny says: Flush yourself, then you’ve no worries of floating with all of us other “turds”..

I'm figuring out that you guys seem to be the weirdos that got run off another site.

Granny says: I embrace my weirdness. I’m most thankful for my ability to be a free thinker and not a part of a mindless hive.

Sex says: Happens to a lot of forums. In my experience, the breakout site community is usually weird and rooted in the reason why they had to break off the original community. Not being able to help themselves from being bigots of some sort has been a big one. I've seen it many times.

Let me help..
A bigot is a person who has strong, unreasonable beliefs and who does not like other people who have different beliefs or a different way of life as per the Cambridge dictionary.
We are all valued in here. Different political views, colors, religious preferences.
Just like me, I don’t hate you because you are narcissistic, controlling, judgmental and condescending. I respect your right to be an ass, but I don’t have to like it. Which btw, I don’t.

Sex says: If this place is like that, more power to y'al. I'm glad it got segregated into a toilet.
Best post I've seen on the internet all month 🤣😍

Let me help..

Granny says: Flush yourself, then you’ve no worries of floating with all of us other “turds”..
[/QUOTE]
We don’t have enuff emojis to cover this one as usual between you and the roller couldn’t have said it any better

Back
Top Bottom