Anyone got advice on growing cabbage? Lol
My oldest kid came home from school with a cabbage plant and said whoever has the biggest one gets a 1,000 dollar scholarship. So I told him I'd try my best😂

Last edited:
My oldest kid came home from school with a cabbage plant and said whoever has the biggest one gets a 1,000 dollar scholarship. So I told him I'd try my best😂
It’s a cool weather plant. It likes full sun and loose loamy soil. One of the few garden plants a bit picky about ph. 6.5-6.8. Adding bloodmeal to the soil prior to planting helps leaf growth. Keep it watered well but not wet.

Not 100% sure but I image similar to the lettuce. Keep watered but not soggy. The roots and base rot if damp to much. The middle/stalk will grow longer, stretch, like succulents.

But that’s only 2-2.5 years of my growing store bought and transplanting.

Morninnn!
So, there has been a robbery around here! Last night, the coons went through the cat door in my SheShed and took all of my pb and crackers and all of my pretzels! Feckers.. Can’t turn em in as the description is the same for all of the little thieves!

Morninnn!
So, there has been a robbery around here! Last night, the coons went through the cat door in my SheShed and took all of my pb and crackers and all of my pretzels! Feckers.. Can’t turn em in as the description is the same for all of the little thieves!
Time for a small latching tote to keep munchies in!
I've been waiting for the bear to rip my shed doors off and get in after my sweet smelling grill lol. Thankfully I've been keeping it super clean so I think that helps.

Morninnn!
I keep a super soaker handy. They take fake magazines. I fill them with white vinegar. Whenever one tries to nest or do damage I go hunting with the dog.

My last dog Bear loved it. Willow hasn’t had the experience yet.

Just watch out for distemper. Last two raccoons I saw last year or the year before definitely weren’t acting normal.

Somehow, I don’t see me hid out at the shed at 4am with a super soaker filled with vinegar water! At least yet.. not saying it couldn’t happen as I age. 🤪

Time for a small latching tote to keep munchies in!
I've been waiting for the bear to rip my shed doors off and get in after my sweet smelling grill lol. Thankfully I've been keeping it super clean so I think that helps.
The latching tote is a no go..they have thumbs. The only thing I have found that they can’t ace is a lock with a key.

Not 100% sure but I image similar to the lettuce. Keep watered but not soggy. The roots and base rot if damp to much. The middle/stalk will grow longer, stretch, like succulents.

But that’s only 2-2.5 years of my growing store bought and transplanting.
Ya don’t want that middle stalk growing. That’s called bolting. Kind of like your weed seedling being 10” tall and skinny. If you add the blood meal the leaves will close, ball and tighten. That makes for a good head of cabbage.

Now, I gotta quit playing! Off to make a trip to the post office and into Mountain View to do some shopping. I need dirt!
Catch yiz this evening for a 💨!

It’s 💨 thirty! Any of Yiz got anything rolled up? I’ve got some of @Moe.Red ‘s watermelon gelato 🍧 rolled up and ready to burn 🥰

i'll smoke some WG with ya Granny... sadly mines not Moe grown. it's from a clone i got from Anthem....

005.JPG

either way i burnin one down in two minutes,,, gotta a coffee just done brewin.. here's to ya Granny!!!!!!!

Yup, a unique taste. I’m not tasting watermelon, but it is mellow and a nice relaxing buzz 😊

yeah no watermelon or gelato here but it's good non the less!!

some folks like redbull and vodka... i like coffee and doobs!!! 😆

granny i gotta tell ya i'm chompin at the bit to try my wine!!!!!! i see t every single day when i walk by, thats the problem!!! got six more weeks to wait!! gonna buy sugar for it... you said i could use white sugar like a shiner but i'm gonna get good sugar for it.

you said cane sugar, correct?

Truth is, I’ve used both cane sugar and white. I literally cannot tell a difference. The old timers swear by the cane. Remember also that the cane is much sweeter than the white.

Truth is, I’ve used both cane sugar and white. I literally cannot tell a difference. The old timers swear by the cane. Remember also that the cane is much sweeter than the white.

interesting... thank you very much! do you have any suggestion on how much i should start with for the 5 gallons? like just a 1/4 cup or is it going to be more like a whole cup or more? i don't want it real sweet but want it to the majority of people will like it.

I put mine in a dark cool closet, where I don’t see it.. old adage..outta sight, outta mind!

oh i do too, well not in the closet, next to it.... but it happens to be along the path i need to take to get to my plants!!!! gotta look at the plants-gotta see the wine... viscous cycle i tell ya!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

interesting... thank you very much! do you have any suggestion on how much i should start with for the 5 gallons? like just a 1/4 cup or is it going to be more like a whole cup or more? i don't want it real sweet but want it to the majority of people will like it.

oh i do too, well not in the closet, next to it.... but it happens to be along the path i need to take to get to my plants!!!! gotta look at the plants-gotta see the wine... viscous cycle i tell ya!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
What was your fruit start? I forgot.. do you know what your current Sg is?

Last edited:
What was your fruit start? I forgot.. do you know what your current Sg is?

i used a big fruit bag of peaches maybe two gallons worth? and four lbs of white sugar and the rest water. along with yeast, yeast nutes, and amylase enzymes.

i don't have a way to test my sugar content. i'd like to invest in a brix meter someday. maybe in six weeks is that day..

i used a big fruit bag of peaches maybe two gallons worth? and four lbs of white sugar and the rest water. along with yeast, yeast nutes, and amylase enzymes.

i don't have a way to test my sugar content. i'd like to invest in a brix meter someday. maybe in six weeks is that day..

edit>> i just ordered this:

Back
Top Bottom