Fog prep

Cool! Is the milestone getting all the rigs built? I recall seeing some of your work on this earlier on but didnt catch what the ultimate goal was with the system.
Yeah getting the hardware complete. With all the interruptions it's taken too long. I'm salivating to get this running.

On the bench is the working prototype, sitting there controlling CO2. Reading all the other stuff like O2, DO, PH, EC, Temp RH, CO2, Light, reacting programmatically to control things like fog timer, O2 pumps, coolant pumps, res fans, and more.

Theoretically I will have control of and measurement of every setpoint.

4 separate systems operating individually.
4 separate 10 gallon feed res'es feeding them.

This system was built for 2 things. Side by side experimentation with strong controls, and determining what specifically drives maximum plant potential.

The lighting is spectrum customizable. They are beasts of lights.

I'm going to take my understanding of growing cannabis to the next level via experimentation. I'll let you folks peer review the results. My prediction is that I will have built the fastest growing system on the planet and only need to learn how to properly apply it. Maybe. ;)

The very first thing I am doing is growing out 12 fem seeds from Jeff at @dragonsflamegenetics. I'll cull 4, and grow 8 in the initial fog run. I'll just be using this to shake out the system, test the software, and find the proper setpoints for this group of phenos. Based on what Mad Max was doing, it looks there there are a few phenos of Mac Dragon x BX.

I'll grab live clones and tissue culture of each of the 8. One of these 8 plants will hopefully be a mom for future testing. I'll have her genetics on ice long after harvest when I can check yields and cannabinoid content. Once I nail down the best female of the 8 looking at all factors including the smoke report, I'll make a proper mom out of the clone on ice, and keep her going in veg. This will now be my standard plant for testing. Hopefully.

I chose this plant because of what I saw in SLG's run of this plant. Really vascular and wide stance with tight node spacing and big branches. I can work with that!

Then the first experiment with 8 clones will be the role of beneficials vs sterile vs nothing.

The next will be using the best method from test one in all 4 systems, and testing the growth rate of different levels of O2 in the root zone. I expect this test to result in some of the fastest recorded growth rates for cannabis. Essentially providing the perfect environment.

Then we get into spectrum. And nutes. You see where this is going.

Must be comfortable and half sober ! Lol looking forward to this system working out for ya ! Ur gonna make all better growers in the process ! Fire it up!
So I have seen first hand what O2 in the roots do to growth rates. I’ve seen what aeroponics is capable of. I’ve seen what proper spectrum can do. I know what getting the nutes right looks like.

My expectation is that when all that plus co2 plus perfect conditions comes together it will produce plants that grow faster than anyone here has seen before.

C4B631F7-27AD-476A-8A84-B7E4F5D29A38.jpeg

You start stacking all these growth boosters on top of each other and look out! I think. Ha. I should say I hope.

subbed up and looking forward to this!
You have probably not seen this, this is what I’m building on top of. Improve on this.

8F22C342-E480-4932-B9CE-EEEBF9EA6D6A.jpeg
F2BAF59F-534F-4294-903A-38FE5FE70DA6.jpeg

I believe that was at 3.5 weeks after the seedling popped thru the coco.

This was when i was splitting the O2 between 4 systems that were leaking kinda bad. I think I have solved that problem. I should be able to get much closer to the 90% the concentrator spits out in the root zones now.

The plants were just bonkers none the less. And this was without CO2 injection at the time.

Healthy healthy healthy!

Those roots are so white it’s almost racist! Lol

I’m jokin all but they do look great ! I use the bottles in dirt so I’m used to seeing shit like this ! 🫢

Attachments

• 0EBA0D1A-E81B-4894-A7B8-632A924010E4.jpeg
    0EBA0D1A-E81B-4894-A7B8-632A924010E4.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
You have probably not seen this, this is what I’m building on top of. Improve on this.

View attachment 275
View attachment 276

I believe that was at 3.5 weeks after the seedling popped thru the coco.

This was when i was splitting the O2 between 4 systems that were leaking kinda bad. I think I have solved that problem. I should be able to get much closer to the 90% the concentrator spits out in the root zones now.

The plants were just bonkers none the less. And this was without CO2 injection at the time.

Healthy healthy healthy!
For comparison sake, here's a picture of a plant from my veg room of what i consider a healthy sample.

If white roots wins the race (i think it does) there is really no comparison20221012_125322.jpg

I know white makes me feel better, I'm not 100% the plant cares.

What I find interesting about the fog roots is how much less they are rope-like. Millions of tiny hairs, unlike RDWC. It seems to me that uptake into fog roots is faster because of all the added surface area. But I'm guessing only, need a lot more testing to even come up with a strong hypothesis.

Pictures from my roots file on my phone. Top pictures are of your root pictures, circled in red are the fibrous roots your talking about.

Below are close ups of mine from my rdwc system.
Screenshot_20230411-073728_Gallery.jpg

What I find interesting about the fog roots is how much less they are rope-like. Millions of tiny hairs, unlike RDWC. It seems to me that uptake into fog roots is faster because of all the added surface area. But I'm guessing only, need a lot more testing to even come up with a strong hypothesis.
Sounds like they found the glory hole of nutrients and dont need to dig any deeper.

yea definitely can see the difference in the fine hairs. I used hydro bio in my rdwc system and even at 1/4 strength it dyed my roots (has molasses / humic and fulvic in it) not a fan as I to want to see bone white roots in my system. I didnt use it this last change and all my new roots are pristine white, and the old roots have a dyed brown color I am NOT a fan off lol. just about had a heart attack first time I opened the lid after using the hydro bio

yea definitely can see the difference in the fine hairs. I used hydro bio in my rdwc system and even at 1/4 strength it dyed my roots (has molasses / humic and fulvic in it) not a fan as I to want to see bone white roots in my system. I didnt use it this last change and all my new roots are pristine white, and the old roots have a dyed brown color I am NOT a fan off lol. just about had a heart attack first time I opened the lid after using the hydro bio
DFG
First off funny that is the water police here in Cali, or was. department of Fish and Game. Humic is not needed in Hydro. Molasses is to feed the microbes in the system and will create a spike in population what will die off once the molasses has been consumed by the microbes. Best to just use a folvic product with hydro.

DFG
First off funny that is the water police here in Cali, or was. department of Fish and Game. Humic is not needed in Hydro. Molasses is to feed the microbes in the system and will create a spike in population what will die off once the molasses has been consumed by the microbes. Best to just use a folvic product with hydro.
Yea I have to commit to just running sterile. My bleeding heart wanted it to be a "more living" like I am used to in soil....but since I joined the darkside by going to hydro - gonna have to just double down and commit to running super clean

FWIW, I have been running live systems up until recently and definitely think live is the way to go if you can do that.

I have one system running sterile because I do not have an extra chiller, water temps get near 80F some days and I have been down the root rot road before so am using h2o2, 3% at 50 ml in the system once a week. I have noticed this plant is not doing nearly as well as my other 3 completed hydro grows. Admittedly I did have overfeeding issues with this plant and that could have caused a lot of what I am seeing, think I got that solved. The strain is also a finicky one which could also be a cause. I even thought about scraping this grow but I'm too far in to give up on her now. Going to flip this one to flower and see if I can get her to stretch some.

It's my first go at sterile, not 100% sold on it yet.

FWIW, I have been running live systems up until recently and definitely think live is the way to go if you can do that.

I have one system running sterile because I do not have an extra chiller, water temps get near 80F some days and I have been down the root rot road before so am using h2o2, 3% at 50 ml in the system once a week. I have noticed this plant is not doing nearly as well as my other 3 completed hydro grows. Admittedly I did have overfeeding issues with this plant and that could have caused a lot of what I am seeing, think I got that solved. The strain is also a finicky one which could also be a cause. I even thought about scraping this grow but I'm too far in to give up on her now. Going to flip this one to flower and see if I can get her to stretch some.

It's my first go at sterile, not 100% sold on it yet.
H2O2 does present more challenges. There are others that do not attack roots so much

Surface area, makes sense.

So your gonna pound the roots with oxygen at some point? I've been seeing stuff about a tomato plant grown in prehistoric oxygen levels (about 10% higher oxygen they said) and the plant just grew massive, I believe they grew it in a Disney grow facility or some shit....called it the tomato tree....yielded like 30,000 maters

So your gonna pound the roots with oxygen at some point? I've been seeing stuff about a tomato plant grown in prehistoric oxygen levels (about 10% higher oxygen they said) and the plant just grew massive, I believe they grew it in a Disney grow facility or some shit....called it the tomato tree....yielded like 30,000 maters
Yes, I have already done this a few times. The results spoke for themselves.

I do t know if io is the same one but I’ve been thru that Disney garden ! Talk about impressive the veggies are ridiculous I’d love to see a cannabis tree in there ! Lol

Back
Top Bottom