I use the soft green wire or I use those S hooks they send with trellis netting and bend them

i have too... but man a pipe cleaner is so soft and fuzzy for her tender queen leg!!! :D the kind of pampering she deserves!!!

when i got my 3D printer the very first thing i drew and printed myself was a seedling support!!! :LOL:

No pictures but all 4 are doing great, so it seems. I'm seeing 5 blades on all the new nodes so I switched the light to CLW's recommended veg ratios. They're now getting hit with 10r : 20w : 20b.

The leaves have grown quite a bit in size since I last checked leaf temps. Checked this morning and they were 73-75 so I bumped up the tent temps to bring them to 75-77. Things are taking off at this point.

i'm running the same spectrum you are right now. i'm at 15-30-30 (just one 550 though)

i have that clone under it i bought last week. that clone is causing me all kinds of problems, i don't know why i bought it. i gotta turn on the light just for that one tiny plant. thats the only reason i want to run the autos in hydro so i can keep a veg schedule to not screw up that clone. i really don't want to grow autos indoors but it's the cards i'm dealt right now. my neighbor grows autos indoors no matter how much i try and persuade him not to.

are you still going to mainline this round? i can't wait to mainline again. i can tell already this noveg will not produce as much, it's not really supposed to but the mainlines really made a nice yield, can't wait to do it again!!

are you still going to mainline this round? i can't wait to mainline again. i can tell already this noveg will not produce as much, it's not really supposed to but the mainlines really made a nice yield, can't wait to do it again!!
Yessir I plan on it. Most of them have 4 nodes. I'll wait til they have 6 and top at the 4th. I believe that's how @Jonnyboi84 does it.

With the no-veg, can you squeeze an extra grow or 3 into a year? That'd make the lower yields still worth it, right?

Yessir I plan on it. Most of them have 4 nodes. I'll wait til they have 6 and top at the 4th. I believe that's how @Jonnyboi84 does it.

With the no-veg, can you squeeze an extra grow or 3 into a year? That'd make the lower yields still worth it, right?

yeah i believe he cuts em early at like node five... don't wait to long. i did that my first time because i wanted clones of everything first and when i waited it slowed the mainline action down to a crawl. i realized it's all in the speed, you top early so it focuses all the energy on growing the new legs and gets the side shoots going faster. keeping the legs clean and no unwanted growth along the way was key to perfection. it helps big time to not get lazy in the beginning. i learned that the hard way. you're a meticulous guy that pays attention to details so you'll be good at mainlining.

and yes, that is the only thing that makes noveg attractive, the annual turn around makes for a better yield on the year. but the way i'm doing it once and done just saves me six weeks of power bills and gives me a little smaller yield. but it's no secret that yields aren't what drives me to grow. it's the sticky greasy oily buds that i strive for!!!!!!

you top early so it focuses all the energy on growing the new legs and gets the side shoots going faster. keeping the legs clean and no unwanted growth along the way was key to perfection. it helps big time to not get lazy in the beginning
Oh sweet. So I'll likely be topping in the next week or so. Maybe I'll do that shortly after another res change and bump up in ppm.

it's the sticky greasy oily buds that i strive for!!!!!!
I like your style 😎

Just topped the bottom-right plant in the picture above. Only one other is throwing it's 5th node. The other two are working on their 4th nodes.

Should I strip the one I topped or wait a couple days for it to recover? Take everything but the top set of fans?

I'll read through @Jonnyboi84 's thread again. Prolly shoulda done that before snipping anything, but I guess that's just how I roll. Wingin' it.

I checked. He topped quite a bit later than I just did. He had 7 or more nodes and chopped at the 3rd or 4th. He also stripped when he topped but he had much bushier looking plants than the ones I'm working with. I think I'll wait for the new tops to come in before stripping the lowers.

Live and learn baby

Topped another before I left for work. These guys are growing the fattest fans I've had.

If I can get a day off soon, I'll be giving them a res change and a bump up to 300-350ppm.

Just topped the bottom-right plant in the picture above. Only one other is throwing it's 5th node. The other two are working on their 4th nodes.

Should I strip the one I topped or wait a couple days for it to recover? Take everything but the top set of fans?

I'll read through @Jonnyboi84 's thread again. Prolly shoulda done that before snipping anything, but I guess that's just how I roll. Wingin' it.
Sorry bud been away I just wait until they have at least 5 nodes and then chop at the 3rd node give it a couple of days recovery time and then strip everything below the third node just leaving the top two nodes. Then just carry on as normal until them 2 nodes has at least 5 nodes and then repeat the process but when it comes to stripping them this time I just remove the second nodes leaving node 1 and 3 in place, so you effectively end up with 4 nodes on either side of the plant that will give you your 8 mains and your plant is mainlined. Now you can carry on repeating the process till you've got 16 or 32 if you like but you'd be vegging forever so I just stick to the eight, hope this helps

I'm getting some deep ridges.
Tips are looking kinda sawtoothed as well.
17 days from sprout

20240805_064410.jpg20240805_064240.jpg

Heat stress? Leaf temps are reading between 75.2 and 77.3. Room temps are 81.5-83.3. Humidity 59.8-61.4%

Lights stress? I did recently bump up the lights. 15:30:30.

Mg def? I see a tiny bit of fading going on and they've only had a light dose of CalMag. Should I throw some epsom in there?

Overwater? I'm just playin'.

I got nothing on ridges or sawtooths.
Never been that picky or aware at that level.
Hard to see the color fade of Mg def but using just Epsom it is safe to add without much issue.
It is the CA that you don't want to overdue.

I'm getting some deep ridges.
Tips are looking kinda sawtoothed as well.
17 days from sprout

View attachment 67915View attachment 67916

Heat stress? Leaf temps are reading between 75.2 and 77.3. Room temps are 81.5-83.3. Humidity 59.8-61.4%

Lights stress? I did recently bump up the lights. 15:30:30.

Mg def? I see a tiny bit of fading going on and they've only had a light dose of CalMag. Should I throw some epsom in there?

Overwater? I'm just playin'.
Likely wind related. The edges curl up generally from heat or wind

Light possible but for other reasons. That light fading is due to internal pressure of the leaf and some cells breaking.

See the swollen tissue between the veins?

Can drop humidity to 50-55% now, resuce wind a bit if possible.

You should see a degree or 2 drop in leaf temp then. Not from wind but transpiration increase from lower humidity.

Can reduce the light a touch if those don’t help.

Nothing overly concerning though

Can drop humidity to 50-55% now, resuce wind a bit if possible.
I'm doubtful there's too much wind in there. They barely dance at all. Just a tiny little wiggle.

You should see a degree or 2 drop in leaf temp then. Not from wind but transpiration increase from lower humidity.
Would I also need to bump up the temp to keep the leaf temps in range?

I'm doubtful there's too much wind in there. They barely dance at all. Just a tiny little wiggle.

Would I also need to bump up the temp to keep the leaf temps in range?
Nope

A wiggle is to much bro especially at this size. Once bigger a wiggle is fine

Pic dump. Everyone seems to have improved from yesterday.

This was the first to sprout and has been the strongest grower. First to get topped.
20240806_061058.jpg20240806_061210.jpg

Second one to get topped and one of last week's leaners. It's powered through and is doing really well.
20240806_061118.jpg20240806_061222.jpg

The other leaner that pulled through. Will be topped tomorrow morning after work.
20240806_061130.jpg20240806_061302.jpg

This guy is a little behind and a bit leggy. It's the one that came to the tent a few days late to replace the one that fell over and seemed to give up. Will also probably get topped tomorrow.
20240806_061137.jpg20240806_061239.jpg

The one that fell over and gave up... thriving in the dome with it's little runt sister. I added water after the pic. I was keeping these as benchwarmers and at this point it's an experiment.
20240806_063158.jpg

I accidently left my controller on view mode set at 30% white only for 24 hours. I blame my work schedule. I just finished my 16th straight night shift clocking 194 hours. 170 hours on this two week paystub......

Last edited:
I accidently left my controller on view mode set at 30% white only for 24 hours.

i did the exact same thing last round in flowering at just 1%... saw it the next night half way through lights on.. i wish i could blame it on sleep depredation but sadly i did it out of pure stupidity! i think i cared more about it than the plants did :rolleyes:

you'll be tying down branches in a few days!!

i did the exact same thing last round in flowering at just 1%... saw it the next night half way through lights on.. i wish i could blame it on sleep depredation but sadly i did it out of pure stupidity! i think i cared more about it than the plants did :rolleyes:.
That just means you're a thinking man. Most of the time stupid crap happens when you're distracted. Lots of rocks rattling around up there.

you'll be tying down branches in a few days!!
LET'S GOOO

Well this guy bounced back pretty quick and the stem doesn't look all wimpy this morning. The other is doing alright too.
View attachment 67412

This one is chugging along and she's the reason they all got a bump up to 230ppm. The roots are comparable on all the plants.
View attachment 67416
View attachment 67423

And then there's this damn thang. She's trying to earn her spot back in the tent. 3 days ago her top was below the lip of the netpot.

Whether it was lowering the intensity or fixing the spectrum, or just lowering the speed on my fans, it seems to have helped.
are u chillin around 6.0 ph or is that from drift? younger plants like it little more acidic

personally id stay in 5.5-5.9.

i wanted to experiment with alkaline water at the harvest to see how that affects the smoke if at all.

Last edited:
Pic dump. Everyone seems to have improved from yesterday.

This was the first to sprout and has been the strongest grower. First to get topped.
View attachment 67994View attachment 67995

Second one to get topped and one of last week's leaners. It's powered through and is doing really well.
View attachment 67996View attachment 67997

The other leaner that pulled through. Will be topped tomorrow morning after work.
View attachment 67998View attachment 67999

This guy is a little behind and a bit leggy. It's the one that came to the tent a few days late to replace the one that fell over and seemed to give up. Will also probably get topped tomorrow.
View attachment 68000View attachment 68001

The one that fell over and gave up... thriving in the dome with it's little runt sister. I added water after the pic. I was keeping these as benchwarmers and at this point it's an experiment.
View attachment 68002

I accidently left my controller on view mode set at 30% white only for 24 hours. I blame my work schedule. I just finished my 16th straight night shift clocking 194 hours. 170 hours on this two week paystub......
hell yea

nice work man

nice check

Back
Top Bottom