Nesta’s DWC Attempt

Last night, the water in the bucket went higher than the res.

So either the pump is too big or the return is restricted or to small.
I agree with Aqua.
The pump is running too fast or the drain lines can not keep up.
Could there be roots blocking the return lines?
You can safely install a ball/ gate valve after your pump inline to control the pump if needed.

Do you think air is blocking the caterpillar drain line?
This could be it if the pump isn't restricted. They water will have to make it passed the hump in the return line. In your video, it appears as though your water level only comes halfway up your return line. Your control res won't get any return until the water level breaks the lower plane of the caterpillar hump.
1000014192.jpg

This could be it if the pump isn't restricted. They water will have to make it passed the hump in the return line. In your video, it appears as though your water level only comes halfway up your return line. Your control res won't get any return until the water level breaks the lower plane of the caterpillar hump.
View attachment 67924
I’ll send another video tonight. I took that video while I was filling the system. The water is all the way up to the Netcup. I have 3 inch drain line and the roots are not clogging it. I think I’m down to either air in the caterpillar or the pump is too strong.

You could get out a tape measure and check the distance from the floor to the bottom of the hump and then measure the bottom of the netpot from the bottom of the bucket. With ideal flow, your water will stay level so if your netpot is lower than the bottom of that hump, the hump is your issue.

I wouldn't be afraid to cut that out, pipe it straight and make a custom hole in your tent. I just cut a cross that was smaller than my pipe and forced it through. That kept the tent tight to the pipe.

I wouldn't be afraid to cut that out, pipe it straight and make a custom hole in your tent. I just cut a cross that was smaller than my pipe and forced it through. That kept the tent tight to the pipe.

Nesta, if you are concerned about tearing your tent you could always put a small square of duct tape on each side of the tent wall then cut the X like Grump is describing. it would keep the tent from tearing more, kind of just like how a paper punch hole reinforcer works. if you ever need to seal it up again just slid out the pipe and cover with a square of tape!

ok. Tried to post a video but its too big of a file. Working from my phone. What is the secret?

ok. Tried to post a video but its too big of a file. Working from my phone. What is the secret?
What's MY secret? A video less than 6 seconds long 🤣

For real though.. videos eat up a ton of server space so there's a cap on file sizes. Unless you're shooting video on a potato, videos are out for now. I don't know if there's an immediate plan for a fix in the future or not. I've tried several things from lowering the resolution to to cropping the video intona 1x1 format. But for now, it's like G$ said. There are a few people posting on imgur and then linking that post in their thread.

Back
Top Bottom