SSHZ- Lit Farms "Rainbow Marker" & GreenPoint "Purple Runtz"

I've come to the conclusion that sshz has yet again had a flawless run w great yields, little effort and amazing results. Now, where's that "shocked face" emoji at... (sarcasm). He ALWAYS nails it! He's the Legend for a reason.
Great run, buddy. Looking forward to the next run.

I’d go that blue berry muffin .and yeah the biscotti blonde..I was interested in that.spose to b a real nice smoke and yields well.

The muffin is only about the blueberry, with only 14% thc or so. It's calming and relaxing but doesn't sound strong. Im leaning towards the All Starz from Lit. And the Biscotti.

I've come to the conclusion that sshz has yet again had a flawless run w great yields, little effort and amazing results. Now, where's that "shocked face" emoji at... (sarcasm). He ALWAYS nails it! He's the Legend for a reason.
Great run, buddy. Looking forward to the next run.

Wow, thanks for the nice comments. Business as usual here. What was different was there were 2 strains, instead of 1 this time. It was an easy, peazy grow though with zero issues. Yield looks really good for only 19 plants...........I'll again reiterate, less is more when it comes to fertilizer. I made substantial decreases in ppm this grow and it helped the plants be all they could be. I'm done trying to push them hard, with lights too close and ppm too high.

I'm pretty much set going with Redbeards Biscotti Blonde and Lit Farm All Starz next. The Biscotti was an easy choice for the sativa and I went with the All Starz (indica) because the pack of 12 seeds cost me $250! and I didn't want them to go by the wayside. I tend to give a lot of seeds away, and while I don't mind giving $80 packs away, $250 is another story. lol

Then, maybe the Blueberry Muffins and one of the 2 Gary Payton strains I'm sitting on.......

Last dried pic of each strain and a I'll start a new thread shortly. One more final smoke report, final yield count and some ending comments from this grow in 10 days or so. Rainbow Marker first.....image.jpg

I agree on less is more.
You did really well knowing how much you hate multiple strains.
Middle of the road you can always add more easier than try to decrease is how I try to go.
Super nice grow man, looking forward to next.👊

It's not that i hate having 2 strains, but it usually means more work....but that wasn't really the case his time.

No.i don’t think it really matters anymore personally.unless your running some full blown sativas that just grow too damn tall.i near always get a couple ft in height difference with same strains so all I have to do is just have a heap of pot stand legs all different sizes.or just put them on the outside …but even then I’ve had to let some get closer to the light 16-17” with others 24-28 to light.closer ones got burnt a little.i could of cropped them but ..meh.the burning usually starts at week 8 so they are nearly home dry anyway..the closer ones chunked and foxed up a little, gave me more in yield so it’s a win 🙂

I did a preliminary weigh just now, just to see a range of the final weights.

Dried, packaged and gone are 11 of the Rainbow Markers and 13 Purple Runtz as we stand.

Mostly dried, I still have 26.6 oz of the Rainbow and 29.1 oz of the Runtz.

Right now that would put me at 79.7 oz from 19 plants overall- 3.9 oz per plant.

These buds, in both plants, were not large. But they make it up on density and a long (for them) flowering period.

I expect to loose another 3-5 oz more overall while they continue to dry.

That puts me at about 3.7 oz per in the end, more than I expected.

I've been smoking these both hard the last week or so. I tend to like the Rainbow Marker more, since it has a lot more flavor to it.

Last post here as I started the new grow thread, but expect one last final smoke report in a week or so.

Back for a final post with yields and comments about the strains..........

Final yield: Purple Runtz 41 oz off of 10 plants and 37 oz off of 9 plants of the Rainbow Marker. So slightly over 4 oz per plant average.

Both strains are interesting, although I much prefer the Rainbow Marker over the Purple Runtz. Both are billed as Mostly Indicas but have a noticeable amount of sativa in the early buzz. The Rainbow has a lot of "gas" going on, like some of those gassy Kushes I used to see. Also quite a bit of sour in the smell and taste. It's really dense, I'm cleaning my scissors at least once a day, as the resin builds up quickly. It was a bit touchy while growing, I had to reduce the ppm levels about 20% of my norm and I did not over water at any time- just a daily quart or two. This is the first strain from Lit Farms I've done, I've already bought 6 more, along with some freebies I'll be giving away. This is in my top 3 over the last couple of years, I really like it a lot.

Now the GreenPoint Purple Runtz. I've spoken before about GreenPoint, they were never my favorite. I've grown more than a few of their strains years ago, and had multiple issues with hermies. Probably my grows were posted on RIU at that time, I was really pissed, sometimes getting full blown males in fem packs. Maybe I'll look for a few of these grows. Even Gu answered in some of my posts, just saying ok already- we get it, give it a rest. This strain got high marks on the reviews and comments on the GreenPoint website.

So, there's a lot of different phenos here to deal with......some are prettier, like the purple punch genetics. Others are wispier, not getting dense as others. Initially I thought the bud lacked everything but as I've smoked it- I've found some nice things with a strong buzz. Other buds are so-so, disappointing. It has more indica in it than the Rainbow, so that might be some of my buzz bias showing. It's just not exciting or interesting- it's boring.

I took both strains to 70 days, although I had a few plants of each done really early, like in the 50's. Those yielded like shit. Fun grow, but glad it's over.

Back
Top Bottom