SSHZ- Lit Farms "Rainbow Marker" & GreenPoint "Purple Runtz"

I forgot to mention I did rip out the Purple Runtz side this afternoon.........cleaned them up, staked them and put the room back together. Neither strain is what I consider a heavy yielder, probably average I think. Quality over quantity this go around. Day 50 in flowering.

Looks like I'll split the room again next crop with Lit Farms "All Stars" and Capt. RedBeard "Biscotti Blonde".......

The All Stars is Red Velvet Gary (Payton) x Zoap. The Biscotti Blonde is Biscotti x Suicide Blonde.

I'm not seeing any amber and this is about the longest looking (not time was) plant I've ever had.

image.jpg

I would say this is not one of the easier strains I've grown. Although I did use the Botanicare the entire grow, I did make big changes how I fertilized. I used to average in the mid 600's ppm. This grow I averaged 100-150 ppm lower. And, in my normal grows- I was giving the plant the grow fertilizer in the first 2 weeks of flowering, then a 50/50 blend weeks 3-5 (or 6), then 100% bloom until the flush. This grow I followed a more standardized grow, bloom from 1st day of flowering. Ppm never was above 500, and I used plain water every 3 or 4 waterings.

No mites this grow, nothing at all actually except a salamander I've been unable to catch. I bombed the room after my last grow, I'm wondering if that helped eliminate any possibilities..........

I've been seed buying with little restraint the last couple of weeks. Lit Farms, Greenpoint, Barney's, Cpt. Redbeard...........I'm now on my 3rd seed container in the fridge. The wife keeps "giving me the evil eye when she goes for the bologna"! lol I need to stop NOW!

I'm not going past 70 days, no matter what, this grow. 18 days more, max.

VERY INTERESTING........Romulan Genetics is "purposely" growing poor (unhealthy) test crops to show final product that is still fine pot. I saw an ad on the DC Seedbank website. It's an interesting advertising ploy! Especially with so many newbies now beginning to grow.

VERY INTERESTING........Romulan Genetics is "purposely" growing poor (unhealthy) test crops to show final product that is still fine pot. I saw an ad on the DC Seedbank website. It's an interesting advertising ploy! Especially with so many newbies now beginning to grow.
So many believe the most influencing aspect is genetics.
I subscribe to that so showing "Joe Poor Grower" doing well is a good idea IMO.

When I first started growing in the 80's, I was using a very large hydroponic system and used to burn the shit out of the leaves every grow. I thought if the plant yellowed, add more fertilizer. lol THE PPM MUST HAVE BEEN IN THE 1000's. lol I wasn't checking pH or ppm, and the water was wayyyyyy too warm. Still, the smoke was fantastic. Nevil's genetics. I'm a firm believer genetics is everything.

When I first started growing in the 80's, I was using a very large hydroponic system and used to burn the shit out of the leaves every grow. I thought if the plant yellowed, add more fertilizer. lol THE PPM MUST HAVE BEEN IN THE 1000's. lol I wasn't checking pH or ppm, and the water was wayyyyyy too warm. Still, the smoke was fantastic. Nevil's genetics. I'm a firm believer genetics is everything.
That's dope would love to have a pack of the old school nevil stuff...I'm sure if packs exist the price is ridiculous though.

70 days, thinking my grow is going 70 as well too

30 days veg too.........some still may need a bit more and I'll just open another room if that's the case and move them over. I probably haven't mentioned this before but normally at the end of the grow, I'll keep 3-4 late bloomers in a second room to finish off some more. I don't like dealing with it, but I do.

Last edited:
30 days veg too.........
Lol I don't even wanna talk about veg I think I vegged these DFG plants (regs) for 4 months or better before they finally showed me sex....my eyes are bad tho. Running a strain I have ran numerous times before just never taken to 70 days so I'm gonna try for it this time see if it gets any more potent. DFG plants seem to want 70 days so the lazy biker will get 70 too

I would say this is not one of the easier strains I've grown. Although I did use the Botanicare the entire grow, I did make big changes how I fertilized. I used to average in the mid 600's ppm. This grow I averaged 100-150 ppm lower. And, in my normal grows- I was giving the plant the grow fertilizer in the first 2 weeks of flowering, then a 50/50 blend weeks 3-5 (or 6), then 100% bloom until the flush. This grow I followed a more standardized grow, bloom from 1st day of flowering. Ppm never was above 500, and I used plain water every 3 or 4 waterings.

No mites this grow, nothing at all actually except a salamander I've been unable to catch. I bombed the room after my last grow, I'm wondering if that helped eliminate any possibilities..........

I've been seed buying with little restraint the last couple of weeks. Lit Farms, Greenpoint, Barney's, Cpt. Redbeard...........I'm now on my 3rd seed container in the fridge. The wife keeps "giving me the evil eye when she goes for the bologna"! lol I need to stop NOW!

I'm not going past 70 days, no matter what, this grow. 18

I'm not going past 70 days, no matter what, this grow. 18 days more, max.
I'll be interested in seeing your final results here. If u stick w this fertilizer regiment or go back to old faithful method. Those flowers are stunning.

I’m going to stay with this lower ppm regiment, based on these results…..it’s a no brainer. Whether I stay with Botanicare or not, I haven’t decided. I’m also making it a point to keep the LED’s a bit higher. These Gavitas do have hot spots, and everything did better this crop leaving them a few inches higher than I normally do……..

I'm a yield guy, normally only growing heavy yielding plants. This grow I threw that out the window and just looked for good reviews. The days of trying to max yield out in the room are over, it's becoming less important to me since I have left over product every grow. No more 100+ oz grows, that's for sure. The yield should be 75 oz is my guess. The Runtz is supposed to be a good yielder, but not seeing that on some phenos.

I’m revising my number lower, I forgot there’s only 19 plants, not the usual 24. 65 oz tops is my new guess.

8 weeks today done flowering. I'm cutting a Runtz today, maybe 2.......

i used Botanicare thru the entire grow. I was going to switch off at flowering and use the Lotus fertilizer I bought, but I didn't want to switch in the middle of the grow. Instead, I cut back the ppm substantially, on avg. 150 ppm each watering. I didn't want to be above 500 ppm in any watering. That, along with raising the lights a bit, made a big difference overall in this grow. I'll probably stick with it too, I love single part fertilizers for their ease.

Hawthorne Gardening Company has been buying up companies like General Hydroponics, Botanicare, Gavita, and has distribution on Black Magic at Home Depot. I was about to say I also wanted to change cause i thought Monsanto owned Botanicare now, but they don't.

The starter pack of Lotus I own I'll give it away in a contest shortly...........

Unfortunately, phenos are all over the place.........both strains are not heavy yielders, or even good yielders. Again, a grow for quality, not quantity. 3 plants drying, over the weekend I expect another 2-3 to be done. I'll need everyday of 2 weeks, if not more to let them all finish. I'm already prepping another room in expectation. I didn't expect the early phenos to yield well anyway, i'm hoping the later ones yield more, which they should.

I thought the Permanent Marker was slightly sativa, I guess I was wrong.......here's something off the seedfinder website.

"Permanent Marker S1 is a mostly indica variety from Lit Farms and can be cultivated indoors (where the plants will need a flowering time of ±60 days). Lit Farms' Permanent Marker S1 is a THC dominant variety and is/was only available as feminized seeds."

Interesting it says give or take 60 days too.....not so sure about that.

Because of the low yield this time, I'll switch out the Lit Farms All Starz for next time and go with the new Barney's Lemon Drizzle which is Super Lemon Haze x OG Kush. It's mostly sativa, yields well and is done in 9-10 weeks or less. I need me some sativa!

Back
Top Bottom