SSHZ- Lit Farms "Rainbow Marker" & GreenPoint "Purple Runtz"

I'm really liking this foliar feeding of cal/mag.......plants responded pretty quickly, and you don't have to worry about toxifying the soil or nutrient lockup. Twice a week for a week or two and it will help immensely. Day 20 today........

image.jpgimage.jpg

Plants should get about 5ml per gallon, which may already be in your water. If you use a reverse osmosis filter like I do, that strips most of that out so you would have to apply at greater amounts. Thru this grow, I've been applying at 5ml per gallon and started to see a deficiency, just the beginnings though. So, twice this week I foliar fed after dark, which quickly helps resolve any issues. I'm now at 7-8ml each gallon each watering and I think the Rainbow Marker needs more than the Purple Runtz on the other side of the room.........so, some plants require a higher dose while others require less.

To specifically answer your question, it depends on your medium. In promix, you should need none the first 10 days, as there's a starter bit of everything in there. In hydro, it's a different story.

A few observations........

Loads more bud site on the Runtz's than the Maker's...........that will be the better yielding side, for sure.

Lowering the ppm and raising the LED's has made a serious positive impact on this grow. Everything is so healthy, not one "off" leaf in the room (that I can see). Less is more.

The Runtz side appears further along already, these will probably go 9 weeks and the Marker's 10 or more. I'm not unhappy about that though, as it will make trimming more manageable.

I'm giving this crop a lot less Nitrogen in flowering too............. but I'm them watching closing for issues.

I haven't touched the room to remove leaves since the defoliation on the 1st day of flowering. I'm taking a hands off approach this crop. I may just let them go, and not remove anymore leaves at all.

Plants should get about 5ml per gallon, which may already be in your water. If you use a reverse osmosis filter like I do, that strips most of that out so you would have to apply at greater amounts. Thru this grow, I've been applying at 5ml per gallon and started to see a deficiency, just the beginnings though. So, twice this week I foliar fed after dark, which quickly helps resolve any issues. I'm now at 7-8ml each gallon each watering and I think the Rainbow Marker needs more than the Purple Runtz on the other side of the room.........so, some plants require a higher dose while others require less.

To specifically answer your question, it depends on your medium. In promix, you should need none the first 10 days, as there's a starter bit of everything in there. In hydro, it's a different story.
Thank you Sir

Yes, I basically hand water every 24-36 hours, as needed. The pots are 5 gallons, but they actually only hold 4.2 gallons of soil. It's probably 1 1/2 quarts of water each watering. It's important to note I would only do it if you are using organic fertilizer. Because the water does not run out the bottom, fertilizer could build up in the medium after a while. I do it this way so the water does not sit on the floor, attracting insects and mold. It also helps keep humidity on the low end.
im not watering "till run off" either, with salts, rather dialed WC% and E.C.

dont have time to babysit them, and clean mess.

A few observations........

Loads more bud site on the Runtz's than the Maker's...........that will be the better yielding side, for sure.

Lowering the ppm and raising the LED's has made a serious positive impact on this grow. Everything is so healthy, not one "off" leaf in the room (that I can see). Less is more.
only downside i can see is potentially "under" "growing" i had my lights on 25% instead of 50% for example and they want to stretch back towards an appropriate PPFD range to grow their buds.
The Runtz side appears further along already, these will probably go 9 weeks and the Marker's 10 or more. I'm not unhappy about that though, as it will make trimming more manageable.

I'm giving this crop a lot less Nitrogen in flowering too............. but I'm them watching closing for issues.
, nitrogen seems to be one of the more "critical" variables to get "just right" / balance out, otherwise problems arise and can "stunt" the bud development.
I haven't touched the room to remove leaves since the defoliation on the 1st day of flowering. I'm taking a hands off approach this crop. I may just let them go, and not remove anymore leaves at all.

Too late for a defoliation at week 5 anyway.........I gave it some thought, but at this point- it would just slow things up a bit and produce less. The biggest defoliation should be done at the onset of flowering, day 1. Then smaller leaf removal moving forward.

I'm actually letting it go high this crop as an experiment........its range is between 64% and high 70's. Probably in the correct range per the formula. My large dehumidifier broke a few crops ago, i ordered a smaller one that barely does shit and it runs until filled all the time. When I hit week 6, I'll leave the door open during the day to keep it within range. I've been watering in the mornings to keep the night time levels reasonable. I will need to buy a larger dehumidifier sooner than later...........

I think my only mistake this crop was the foliar feeding of the cal/mag and not washing it off the following morning. I made 2 of the nite time sprays and didn't wash either off. i see some strange coloring on a few of the leaves, not bug induced. I think it's the cal/mag remainder, interacting with the lights..........it's not bad, and it's only on the sativa side.

Late night update............day 38. Not much new to report. I raised the lights another 4 inches to about 21 inches, but a few plants are taller and are closer than that. Lots of variation in the room, it's not a "pretty" grow with all the ducks in line. I saw a short Runtz tonight that is already starting to brown up. Greenpoint says 8-9 weeks. I'm trying real hard to stay on the low side of ppm- around 450 or so. My wife was away for 4 days last week and when she came home, like always, the first thing out of her mouth, "the house smells"........well duh, I'm growing pot. (thought it, didn't dare to say it-lol). I really don't notice it until I'm in the room. Something really smells in there, but I haven't investigated.

I'm actually going to water enough for runoff tomorrow and gather a sample to look at pH and ppm. I'll report on it.

Day 40.........moving right along. I have a sneaky feeling at some point, I'll be ripping the room out to stake everything. Hoping not to, we'll see........

image.jpgimage.jpg

As always, first pic Rainbow Marker, 2nd pic Purple Runtz......

Back
Top Bottom