SSHZ- Lit Farms "Rainbow Marker" & GreenPoint "Purple Runtz"

I'm going in now, with the lights off, to hit them with Monterey Insect Spray (spinosad)..............

I'm always leary about adding boost stuff, it can toxify the soil real quick. i'll go at very light rates until buds really start taking off, around week 5 or so.

I am switching over to Lotus nutrients for flowering.........so grow, bloom and boost. I'll be using Botanicare cal/mag also.

View attachment 66225
Make sure you read the fine print on the feeding schedule. It’s says to reduce mix up to 30% if not supplementing co2. I’ve been using this line for about 2 years. I’m very pleased with it.

I'm still deciding how to go since I hand water daily..........That's a lot of fertilizer if you don't cut it down some. I'll start slow, watch the plants and let them tell me how to proceed. The other issue, where I'm a bit different, is I like to keep the Nitrogen high until week 5 or so (in flowering) so they don't yellow early. I'll just going with the flow.........

Oh, I've made an executive decision. i'm going to stay with the Pure Blend Pro thru this grow and use the Lotus stuff the the entire next grow, to be fair and give it a real try......... Now though, I want to cut back my fertilizer rates about 20% this grow and keep the lights no closer than 20 inches. I think I've been pushing things to much, I want to ease up on the pedal.

Oh, I've made an executive decision. i'm going to stay with the Pure Blend Pro thru this grow and use the Lotus stuff the the entire next grow, to be fair and give it a real try......... Now though, I want to cut back my fertilizer rates about 20% this grow and keep the lights no closer than 20 inches. I think I've been pushing things to much, I want to ease up on the pedal.
Whats your ppfd over the plants?

I'm still deciding how to go since I hand water daily..........That's a lot of fertilizer if you don't cut it down some. I'll start slow, watch the plants and let them tell me how to proceed. The other issue, where I'm a bit different, is I like to keep the Nitrogen high until week 5 or so (in flowering) so they don't yellow early. I'll just going with the flow.........
Keep Run-off E.C within 0.1 of Input E.C.

That'll help you get pretty close to using only what the plants are uptaking.

I Did not need to water till run off or Drain to Waste last grow cause my E.C was Dialed enough, afaik.

when my WC% dried back, i did not have to worry about E.C spikes.

Last edited:
I never water to runoff, ever.......I limit the amount of water, to keep the humidity down. That's why i'm watering daily. I was able to do it this way since Pure Blend Pro is organic, and really doesn't build up in the soil over the 3 1/2 month grow. I also flush, more often the later the grow goes.

I never water to runoff, ever.......I limit the amount of water, to keep the humidity down. That's why i'm watering daily. I was able to do it this way since Pure Blend Pro is organic, and really doesn't build up in the soil over the 3 1/2 month grow. I also flush, more often the later the grow goes.
Using "organics"before? Right? I forget that , now switching to salts?

Pretty much only used salts

Every fertilizer is a salt, just some are organic while others are not.........I believe organic salts don’t build up to the same toxic level in the soil that chemicals can.

Looks like everything recovered nicely from yesterday's abuse and spraying.......I ended up taking more off the Rainbow Marker since they grew very tightly and congested on each plant. The Purple Runtz was more spread out already and I was able to go lighter on them.image.jpgimage.jpg

I start at 0.1 e.c and adjust from there with any base npk
I do not have or use a light meter..........but 3 1/2 years of growing with these Gavita's 18-20 inches height above the plants is the sweet spot. Any lower I get light bleaching, especially in the center plants. I'm aware of this time and again yet I still try to push the LED's lower and lower. Another smart and there's really no need in my setup. So, no idea on the PPFD question.

Every fertilizer is a salt, just some are organic while others are not.........I believe organic salts don’t build up to the same toxic level in the soil that chemicals can.
yup

just meant youre source.

Looks like everything recovered nicely from yesterday's abuse and spraying.......I ended up taking more off the Rainbow Marker since they grew very tightly and congested on each plant. The Purple Runtz was more spread out already and I was able to go lighter on them.View attachment 66317View attachment 66318
They look heaps better bud.they aren’t looking a little sad as before..

Both strains had monster fan leaves, way bigger than my hands. They were blocking everything below, like choking the light. Removing all those, and 24 hours later under the lights- and a thorough watering- and they are all happy and smiling again. But I really had to abuse them to get at what I needed to remove. A thorough lolipopping made watering a breeze. image.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sure Max will take notice and mention that I'm back using my older pots this run. I used them because I was able to clean them up so nice, they looked new. And It gives me time to work and clean up the pots I used last time.

I do not have or use a light meter..........but 3 1/2 years of growing with these Gavita's 18-20 inches height above the plants is the sweet spot. Any lower I get light bleaching, especially in the center plants. I'm aware of this time and again yet I still try to push the LED's lower and lower. Another smart and there's really no need in my setup. So, no idea on the PPFD question.
E.C, not PPFD.

Nope .never seen those before…but your missing your yellow sticky traps 😄 still putting that sticky shit around the base of stem for mites defence

No e.c., ppm.........

This week I’ll get to the yellow traps and the tanglefoot around the base.........get out the rubber gloves!

• Fist Bump
Reactions: Max
actually I lied 😃.i do remember those pots.this Is what happens when you follow someone long enough lol.

big thick stems on these girls sshz.and you don’t even run silica.I always have skinny ass stems even running silica and got to stake them 😞.

True, I rarely need to stake support anything............ makes the grow SO much easier! NO training.......lol

nar I don’t train either ob .i top is about it.my plants don’t grow overly tall either.it’s no biggie just another thing to do 🙂.

So when are you defoling again.. in a week 😁You notice as soon as you flip they look heaps better.same happens here..I always thought they were getting too much light and soon as they get less when you flip they appear much better.

they have taken off and are gonna get big.

Back
Top Bottom