The End is Near

Rootsruler

Know it all
Reaction score
Week 9 ends next tuesday. Trichs are around 80% milky and leaves are being cannibalized so I'm planning on cutting them down around the 13th.

06022023.jpg

My little 2 x 2 fatties. They're around 70% - 80% milky so they'll probably come down at the same time the big tent does.

06022023.jpg

What strains you got going again? That first shot looks epic dude..nice grow
MoonGlow on the left. She's a sativa dom with a lot of sour d in her. Big Fat Glue back right. She's a sativa dom also. Florida Strawberry front right. Indica dom.

These were clones I got from my FloCal Bro so I was testing them out to see what they were like. I took cuts for mothers so I still have the genetics. I'll probably do a run of each but just one genetic rather than all three at the same time. I liked the structure of FS so she'll probably lead off while MG is on deck and BFG on cleanup!!

Gonna do a 9 site setup now that I have mothers so that I don't have to veg so long. The tester also gave me an idea of how much stretch I'll have to anticipate for so I don't see them staying in veg anymore than 3 -4 weeks before I flip.

The FS is pretty fruity smelling so I would imagine it's going to be the same smoke wise. Same with the BFG although not as fruity smelling but still pungent. Pretty frosty too. The MG has a more old school look and smell to it. Not as sparkly as the others but I bet she's got some punch.

I had to relay the bad news to my GF. One more week. Today is end of week 9. Leaf senescence continues.

Trichs are getting frosty but I think a week more should get them close enough.

Took a pic with the blurple light off so you can see the leaf senescence better.
06132023 blurple off.jpg

Closer.....
06132023 blurple off closeup.jpg

Big Fat Glue
06132023 BFG Flower closeup.jpg

Moon Glow
06132023 MG flower closeup.jpg

Florida Strawberry
06132023 FS flower closeup.jpg

aaaaaaaand a video to end the post...

View attachment 06132023.mp4

I had to relay the bad news to my GF. One more week. Today is end of week 9. Leaf senescence continues.

Trichs are getting frosty but I think a week more should get them close enough.

Took a pic with the blurple light off so you can see the leaf senescence better.
View attachment 7332

Closer.....
View attachment 7331

Big Fat Glue
View attachment 7330

Moon Glow
View attachment 7334

Florida Strawberry
View attachment 7333

aaaaaaaand a video to end the post...

View attachment 7329
Had to tell me wife the same thing, thought plants would be good to go tomorrow, but still have clear trichs on some buds so not done yet, amd here we go to 9 weeks.

Had to tell me wife the same thing, thought plants would be good to go tomorrow, but still have clear trichs on some buds so not done yet, amd here we go to 9 weeks.
I had scheuled harvest time for this tuesday but the GF showed up at the office door today with a machete in her hand saying if I don't harvest she will!! 🤣

I had to put on my hostage negotiator hat and talk her down while I quietly removed the machete from her hand....😄

On a serious note, the girls are only a few days to harvest in both the 5 x 5 and the 2 x 2. As excited as I am, I'm not looking forward to trim jail although I am curious how much dry weight I have.

I included closeups of the flower. Opinions on ripeness?

2 x 2 girls
2x2FS overview.jpg

Florida Strawberry

2x2FS.jpg

5 x 5 flowers

Big Fat Glue
5x5BFG.jpg

Florida Strawberry

5x5FS.jpg

Moon Glow

5x5MG.jpg

I had scheuled harvest time for this tuesday but the GF showed up at the office door today with a machete in her hand saying if I don't harvest she will!! 🤣

I had to put on my hostage negotiator hat and talk her down while I quietly removed the machete from her hand....😄

On a serious note, the girls are only a few days to harvest in both the 5 x 5 and the 2 x 2. As excited as I am, I'm not looking forward to trim jail although I am curious how much dry weight I have.

2 x 2 girls
View attachment 8573

Florida Strawberry

View attachment 8574

5 x 5 flowers

Big Fat Glue
View attachment 8575

Florida Strawberry

View attachment 8576

Moon Glow

View attachment 8577
Id say at least a week, i don't like a lot of amber in my buds tho so its hard to say

2 x 2 girls
View attachment 8573

Florida Strawberry

View attachment 8574

5 x 5 flowers

Big Fat Glue
View attachment 8575

Florida Strawberry

View attachment 8576

Moon Glow

View attachment 8577
Beautiful colors in this gal

Today is end of week 10. Trichs are 100% milky with a few just starting to amber.

Harvest time.

Big Fat Glue
BFG after net removal.jpg

Florida Strawberry
FS after net removal.jpg

Moon Glow
MG after net removal.jpg

Hung for the start of the drying portion of the grow.

Hung to dry.jpg

I'll let them hang for now and tomorrow I'll start removing leaves to speed up the dry process. After a few days I'll set up my hang lines and start to remove the large branches from the main stem to keep any mold from starting to form. Circulation fan is on medium setting and T6 is regulating temp and humidity setpoints.

Shooting for consistent mid to low 60's for temp and 55% - 60% humidity. Ambient temps and humidity outside are averaging around 85* -95* and 90% - 95%. Hopefully it won't be too much of an issue.

Today is end of week 10. Trichs are 100% milky with a few just starting to amber.

Harvest time.

Big Fat Glue
View attachment 8889

Florida Strawberry
View attachment 8890

Moon Glow
View attachment 8892

Hung for the start of the drying portion of the grow.

View attachment 8891

I'll let them hang for now and tomorrow I'll start removing leaves to speed up the dry process. After a few days I'll set up my hang lines and start to remove the large branches from the main stem to keep any mold from starting to form. Circulation fan is on medium setting and T6 is regulating temp and humidity setpoints.

Shooting for consistent mid to low 60's for temp and 55% - 60% humidity. Ambient temps and humidity outside are averaging around 85* -95* and 90% - 95%. Hopefully it won't be too much of an issue.
I have a dry I started yesterday with the same target environment parameters. 63 degrees and 57% at the moment. Presently outside it is 97% and inside the house it is 64% and 70 degrees.

I have a dry I started yesterday with the same target environment parameters. 63 degrees and 57% at the moment. Presently outside it is 97% and inside the house it is 64% and 70 degrees.
Looks like you're in the same boat I am. High ambient temp and humidity.

So far my daily average has been 69.8* and 62%

Immore impatient than you are ! Lmao - I would have to snip a couple buds . Lol
You and the GF. She's already asking me how long until it's smokable.

I removed the branches off the main stem and hung them. I caught her in the tent and her excuse was "I really liked how you lined them all up!".......Uh hu.....🤨😄

Big Fat Glue yielded 8 oz. dry.

Trimming Florida Strawberry currently. Looks like maybe 11 - 12oz.

Moon Glow looks to be around a pound.

My hands hurt from these damn trimmers.......
Not popular with many but our last six harvests have bean done using a bowl trimmer. We won't go back!

Big Fat Glue yielded 8 oz. dry.

Trimming Florida Strawberry currently. Looks like maybe 11 - 12oz.

Moon Glow looks to be around a pound.

My hands hurt from these damn trimmers.......
How many days your dry go? Pretty sure we started around same time. Mine went 9 days and the product is now sealed in Grove bags as of last Friday.

How many days your dry go? Pretty sure we started around same time. Mine went 9 days and the product is now sealed in Grove bags as of last Friday.
10 days. They're slightly on the dry side due to the heat wave but I'm hoping the larger flowers will throw off enough humidity to even out the drier ones once they're in the jar. Currently 58% in the jar. My goal is 60% stable. Might have to use some boveda packs to get it back up.

Last edited:
10 days. They're slightly on the dry side due to the heat wave but I'm hoping the larger flowers will throw off enough humidity to even out the drier ones once they're in the jar. Currently 58% in the jar. My goal is 60% stable. Might have to use some boveda packs to get it back up.
Boveda packs are for emergencies imo, you'll be good

Back
Top Bottom