Thrips?

MDK

Strain Encyclopedia
Reaction score
Located a couple tiny ass bugs on an outdoor plant of mine, got a couple pics best I could. From what I'm finding on the web looks like it could be thrips.

Anyone that can confirm of deny my suspicion?

20230609_132201.jpg20230609_132135.jpg20230609_131501.jpg

If so has anyone battled these before? What's the next course of action?

Not the guy to tell you the kind of bug, but Sulfur works wonders on anything bug related. Its been my go to the last year.
How do I go about using it? Do I buy something concentrated and mix? What's a safe ratio if so? I usually let outdoor do its thing but trying to be more attentive

How do I go about using it? Do I buy something concentrated and mix? What's a safe ratio if so? I usually let outdoor do its thing but trying to be more attentive
I use this. It has sulfur in it, its all pre mixed ready to use. It was like 7 or 8 dollars at Ace Hardware.
20230519_161204.jpg

There are a couple of apps that will identify a lot of bugs if you can get a clearer photo of them. Hard to tell from your photos but could be leaf hoppers. I had them last year in my greenhouse and used an app to identify them using this photo. Looks a bit like yours but hard to say without a better photo.

IMG_0803.jpeg

I wasn't too sure at first til I seen the missouri springtails shown seems to be about right...these suckers are tiny smaller than an ant...maybe smaller than an ants abdomen...they remind me of those little red bugs that crawl on concrete idk what those are I always called them blood bugs

Last edited:
I wasn't too sure at first til I seen the missouri springtails shown seems to be about right...these suckers are tiny smaller than an ant...maybe smaller than an ants abdomen...they remind me of those little red bugs that crawl on concrete idk what those are I always called them blood bugs
I got those little red bastards everywhere outside. They laugh at most stuff I use on them.

Someday you will have to fill me in on the outdoor grow thing and how you get away with it. I'm too chicken to try.

The easiest way is definitely to be the black sheep of the family so people just don't come over lol. Super rural where I am and I know the farmer whose field butts up to my property. Use to hook him and his brother up with the killer smoke so they let me slide. This is my first try in over 10 years if I disappear sometime near harvest ask @SweetLeafGrow for my name and look at the local papers haha...time will tell or somebody will šŸ¤£

I'm also fingers crossed that all the big jail time is over for it. I know a guy in Illinois that got caught twice since laws changed. First time they just cut his stuff down second time he got a steep fine but no jail.

Back
Top Bottom