What's Cookin?

I went to this Brazilian place and they bring everything out on skewers and cut small pieces onto your plate. Dozens of meat to choose from cooked all different ways. Really good but too much food. I tried meats I have never seen before.

The job I recently left sent me all over the world and I had a competition with another employee for "who ate the weirdest thing?"

He had a major advantage, because I don't do insects or larvae, but I think I beat him in mammals with reticulated giraffe (pretty good -- much better than whitetail deer) and fruit bat. Fruit bat doesn't seem to have much flavor, but it was in the hottest sambal I've ever encountered, so it was hard to tell. The other odd meat I've eaten is camel, which is amazingly good, like mild beef.

I ate a lot of weird shit in Japan and I’m not talking about sushi. I don’t think I ever ate a bat, but to be honest I just don’t know. My Japanese sucks. There was a lot of trust going on there between me and the chef, and no reason he deserved any.

Don’t eat pizza in Switzerland.

We used to bottle fancy spring water for the restauranteur who owned Les Halle on 5th Ave in Manhattan where Bourdain was exec chef for years. He and his staff were great when they hosted us in NYC to celebrate getting the bottling deal done. Pretty awesome date night lol. Years later he asked me to run operations at his mineral water spring out in Wyoming but I passed.

For a side gig, my time in the spring water racket was a very interesting one. Sometime I'll tell you guys about our wranglings with Poland Spring/Nestle Waters of North America.

I went to this Brazilian place and they bring everything out on skewers and cut small pieces onto your plate. Dozens of meat to choose from cooked all different ways. Really good but too much food. I tried meats I have never seen before.
Yeah ….. no I only like there seasoning I’m a midwesterner for sure angus and potatoes and good sweet Corn no healthy shit here - I’m in surprisingly good health though

We used to bottle fancy spring water for the restauranteur who owned Les Halle on 5th Ave in Manhattan where Bourdain was exec chef for years. He and his staff were great when they hosted us in NYC to celebrate getting the bottling deal done. Pretty awesome date night lol. Years later he asked me to run operations at his mineral water spring out in Wyoming but I passed.

For a side gig, my time in the spring water racket was a very interesting one. Sometime I'll tell you guys about our wranglings with Poland Spring/Nestle Waters of North America
How ironic I just sold a fence to a regional sales guy for ice mountain Poland springs and zephyr hills - probably all tan by a parent company? , I assume the rest are big bevarage owed as well ?

How ironic I just sold a fence to a regional sales guy for ice mountain Poland springs and zephyr hills - probably all tan by a parent company? , I assume the rest are big bevarage owed as well ?
Yes, Nestle Waters NA is the parent to many bottled h2o brands nationwide.

I know it is an internet meme, but I also say fuck nestle. What a horrible company.
Aye. Over a 10yr period I worked against them and for them, and sold our operation to them as well. We had permitted access for commercial extraction on the same aquifier they use to supply their greater Boston 5g office delivery market. I'd do irritating shit like sign deals to sell bulk to HP Hood, who sells 1gal spring water on grocery shelves right next to Poland Spring. Or apply for and recieve permits from the MDEP to leach our bottling plant wash water on the property. That one got me a cease and desist from their lawyers lol. Then they hired me when it was all over lol.

Again we try to stay away from big corporate operations - gets harder every year ! Even 3 of my fence manufacturers have been bought up by Home Depot or lowes . Sux
They are very good at what they do behind the scenes. I will give them that. The bottling plants are fricken amazing too. Engineering marvels everywhere you look.

1971, I lived in guelph ontario, company from NY i think it was that would drive to Formosa spings brewery and fill their stainless tanker trailers with water from the spring and truck it back south side and bottle it.

50 years ago i thought that was a dumb idea.

Hello Mrs. SweetLeaf. I hear you're a fantastic cook!
Hello Cool Beans. Thank you...fantastic might be a stretch, but I have a few good things! SweetLeafGrow said I'd love this thread and he's right. I'm looking forward to getting in the garden, and eating all the fresh summer meals. I like baking yeast and sourdough breads and I'm always looking for new meal recipe ideas, so will be watching for anything you post.

Hello Cool Beans. Thank you...fantastic might be a stretch, but I have a few good things! SweetLeafGrow said I'd love this thread and he's right. I'm looking forward to getting in the garden, and eating all the fresh summer meals. I like baking yeast and sourdough breads and I'm always looking for new meal recipe ideas, so will be watching for anything you post.
Sounds good! Summer veggies coming on is the best. We source a lot of stuff locally or grow it ourselves.

Here is the recipe CB shared with me previously. We'll have to try it out.
Near my heart, that one. I made those at school during our semester one breakfast unit. Chef and everyone really loved them so he asked me if he could use it. Of course I said yes, so now all the young culinarians going through are making those pancakes.

Back
Top Bottom