15 solo cups and no-veg

SpectrumFarms

Dank Daredevil
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, now that work projects aren’t overwhelming let’s see if I can do a weekly update this round. Trying my hand at a no-veg run in 18oz solo cups.

Medium of choice is coco with some perlite

Nutrients: Lotus cal-mag, grow, bloom and boost and for the seedling stage Botanicare Liquid Karma

Lights: SF1000 & SF G4500

Genetics: Elev8 Gelato #33, Atlas Fog Dog, Rasta Jeff’s Frequency Shift, Khalifa Kush bagseed? Jar seed what are we calling them these days? And one of our resident advisors @Bandit420 Haunted Banana.

Day 2 above medium. Rh 78% temp 77.5 the lights just came on and they are looking leggy so I pulled the light a bit closer and gave them a very light .2 EC feeding of liquid karma. They are under 18/6 until day 21. Right now they are sitting under the SF1000 in a 2x2 easier to keep the humidity high in small space. They will be moved to a 2x4 under a G4500 once they they handle a 60 rh.
IMG_7414.jpegIMG_7413.jpeg

Day 8 above medium.

Still have some leggy ladies, all the legging ones are sativas so I’m assuming that’s part of the issue. Plan to pot up to a slightly deeper pots for them for support. IMG_7430.jpeg

RH: 65%
Temp: 77
EC: 1.3
PAR: 155

That’s a pretty high ec for seedling.mine don’t get that for the entire grow.at that age im at 180ppm 500 scale.

This is what I’ve been doing the past few runs. Mine usually end up at 1.6 during veg and 1.8 -1.9 during flower. I’ll definitely keep an eye out for over feeding though.

As long as I have room I never loose runts.
I have had some crazy herb from the mutants.
I’m in the school of thought waste not want not. Im excited to see how this one turns out, it was fire from the dispo and worth keeping for the medical benefits I get from it. Planning on reversing the larger gal and making some Khalifa Kush S1🤞

@Bandit420 the fourth picture down with the picture of the six plants, those are all Haunted Banana. These are vigorous plants my guy! Just to give you some feedback I germinated 12 seeds and had 100% germ rate. I just narrowed it down to these 6 based on how fast they sprouted taproots at around 48 hours and these had an inch long root. They are all very close in width and height with very uniform structure. I tried using the VG and failed the first go, I’m positive it was temperature related. I plan on trying it again this weekend.

Last edited:
I’m in the school of thought waste not want not. Im excited to see how this one turns out, it was fire from the dispo and worth keeping for the medical benefits I get from it. Planning on reversing the larger gal and making some Khalifa Kush S1🤞

@Bandit420 the fourth picture down with the picture of the six plants, those are all Haunted Banana. These are vigorous plants my guy! Just to give you some feedback I germinated 12 seeds and had 100% germ rate. I just narrowed it down to these 6 based on how fast they sprouted taproots at around 48 hours and these had an inch long root. They are all very close in width and height with very uniform structure. I tried using the VG and failed the first go, I’m positive it was temperature related. I plan on trying it again this weekend.

Good to hear Buddy!
I think from you, Zen, and what I grew it's safe to say HB has no desire to be a small plant at all so any indica traits are tamped down making her a full on hybrid with some sativa lean. I think the Ghost Train Haze is strong in her.
I flipped mine at right around the next one or two nodes yours are at and it finished at around 5' tall. She stretched but nothing that couldn't be managed

This is what I’ve been doing the past few runs. Mine usually end up at 1.6 during veg and 1.8 -1.9 during flower. I’ll definitely keep an eye out for over feeding though.
Measure the run off E.C.

if you're input E.C is 1.3, and the output E.C/run off e.c is 1.0, they are more or Unless only uptaking 0.3 e.c.

This can also cause osmotic pressure stress, too many ions and it becomes more difficult to uptake.

So, 1.0 is wasted out the bottom.

They probably aren't uptaking all of it.
I guess I need to revisit some info I’ve read over the years. Hell the plants get .3 EC on day 2 above coco. Not going above 1.3 the whole run too, I had a plant eat itself feeding at 1.2 because it wasn’t enough. Guess I’m just confused at the moment.

I guess I need to revisit some info I’ve read over the years. Hell the plants get .3 EC on day 2 above coco. Not going above 1.3 the whole run too, I had a plant eat itself feeding at 1.2 because it wasn’t enough. Guess I’m just confused at the moment.
i mean they could be, checking the run off/output E.C will u give u a rough idea on how much they are though.

i mean they could be, checking the run off/output E.C will u give u a rough idea on how much they are though.
I spent my lunch researching this…there is so much conflicting information on the EC in coco. I’ve been butt chugging these plants I’ve only top fed twice. Tonight I think I’ll top feed and measure the outflow and report back my findings! To be honest I never check my outflow unless I’m seeing signs of stress. If I’m wasting nutes I’d rather not with how expensive things are today.

I spent my lunch researching this…there is so much conflicting information on the EC in coco.
Yea easier to just start low

start low and work up from there depending on plant observations, plants needs.

0.1 E.C to 3.0, won't really need to go higher unless cropsteering and osmotic pressure stressing the plants.
I’ve been butt chugging these plants I’ve only top fed twice. Tonight I think I’ll top feed and measure the outflow and report back my findings! To be honest I never check my outflow unless I’m seeing signs of stress. If I’m wasting nutes I’d rather not with how expensive things are today.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom