2024 outdoor stuff 😶‍🌫️🫣

So it looks like DFGs Garlic Stash v21 will get another go outdoors next year. 20240831_090107.jpg20240831_090120.jpg20240831_090131.jpg20240831_090151.jpg
Aside from the 3 or 4 spots of mildew I found early, she's been a pleasure to grow.
Ever since I took her out of the shed and left her outside she's been fine.
She should be done and harvested before the crap weather comes too!!

Question for anyone that's following along here.

I need to get food for my garden and outdoor ganj.

Dr Earth
Bat Guano 7-3-1
or
All Purpose 4-4-4
or
Homegrown 4-6-3

Or!!
Greenleaf nutrients
Megacrop 1 part that i already have and was free from them.

I want them to have food all the time whenever they need it and I domt think salts outside are gonna be my best bet so I was looking for a more organic route.

Any opinions or info is more than welcome!!
Thanks yall.
beans.jpg
Plant these in your pots anytime the soil is idle. As a cover crop. When it flowers, cut it down and turn the tops in. 50% of the nitrogen is in the tops, 50% in the roots.
I grow about 500 garlic every year and they are big eaters. These black eye peas are the only food/ferts that all that garlic gets. I go thru about 2 bags a year....total cost of $3. I'm setting up four 45 gallon pots for next season nobeans.jpg45gsoilbuild.jpg
Some of my other pots I use to grow the beans....only partially filled with dirt. I will dump that entire pot into the 45 after it grows a bit more.
soilbuild1bep.jpg

A 15 gallon with BEP's..........you can see the spacing
soilbuild2bep.jpgsoilbuild3bep.jpgsoilbuild4bep.jpgsoilbuild5bep.jpg

re-planting this pot a second round.
soilbuild6bep.jpgsoilbuild7bep.jpg

If you look at the bottom of those BEP roots you see little round nodules on them. Those are nitrogen nodules the plant made by taking nitrogen from the air. It's basically free!
soilbuild8bep.jpgsoilbuild9bep.jpgsoilbuild9bepa.jpg

In the 45's I'm working, I add lots of compost and both blood meal and bone meal.....probably 4 cups each in a 45. I'll add earthworm castings in the spring.
I also cover crop with Crimson clover, white clover and hairy vetch. Never let your soil sit vacant. Plant your way out of the problem. I've been doing this for many years and it really works.
:)

Thanks for this killer idea, never tried that one before -- I did learn recently that if you cut the top of a pineapple off and plant it, another one will grow for you.

That's a great idea! So you grow them and them till them under the soil or do you actually cut the foliage away from the roots? Do you get resprouts? I see that you are also amending along with using the cover crop. It seems like you're tilling everything together once you get to the 45 stage?

How much sativa is in this one bud.i like it.stacks well.morphology looks good 👍
I'm not sure, I'd say quite a bit?
She's been flowering for 70 days and not done yet, the Dragon's Stash f2 red male, which is the donor in Garlic Stash, looks pretty sativa too so I'd say it's a pretty sativa dominant cross.

yeah..they are a leafy bud structure ,but all those leaves are resinous so trimming shouldn’t b bad.they are open structure which is great so mold shouldnt b a problem even though they have prolly 3 weeks to go.whens the weather turn to shit over there.i might try a couple nxt grow.

That's a great idea! So you grow them and them till them under the soil or do you actually cut the foliage away from the roots? Do you get resprouts? I see that you are also amending along with using the cover crop. It seems like you're tilling everything together once you get to the 45 stage?
Yes, pretty much. There are slight differences in approach depending on what I'm amending but basically that's it.

1) Plant the beps tight, like 3-4" on center
2) Let them grow until they start flowering
3) Turn them in
4) Replant and do it again if you have time or let them winter kill. Keep in mind always that half the food is above the soil and half is below. When you turn it in you get it all. Once the 45 g pots are thriving, I will plant the bep's, harvest the tops at the right time and compost them. I'll leave the roots be as those pots will be no till if possible.

Today I just planted 2 smaller beds that were overtaken by raspberries. I'm not going to plant those beds until June next year. The cover crop I'm using is Daikon Radish. And I seeded it heavily.......they will grow, suck up nutrients from down deep and then winterkill, leaving those radishes and tops to not only rot but also leave a bunch of radish holes. I use the seed I get for seed sprouting. Makes a dense mat and then is gone by late spring. You can eat both the tops and the radishes if you want :)

One more while I'm sufficiently stoned :) And that is Crimson Clover.
When my soil first goes outside, it's pretty devoid of nitrogen and structure. I pile the soil minimum of 6" on the ground, and plant it with crimson clover. It flowers in spring and when that happens I take a flat shovel and try to cut that 6" of soil off as clean as I can, keeping the foliage and dumping that all into a fabric pot/pots, dirt, roots, tops. That's how deep the roots are...6" I let a few go to flower as they are quite pretty and make a long lasting cut flower......Actually quite nice.
Then I'll grow potatoes or sweet potatoes in that once improved soil. When the taters are done, the soil is re-potted again and gets the BEP's until frost.......Next year, gets cut 50% with compost. Then re-curring freshening with new compost or bep plantings. That's it, now healed and headed for vegetables I grow in pots or to improve an existing bed

I was going to stick it out another 10-12 days by putting the dehu in my shed and running the plant under lights, but I need to have the dehu inside or I'm at 80-90% humidity and i can't have that inside lol.
I'll be giving outdoor another go next year with more DFG gear.
Either Garlic Stash again or a MacDragon bx-1 clone

Surprised ya see the pm on that dfg gear - gotta post up couple outdoor comin down prolly tomorrow- one called Coney Island cotton candy and the other peanut butter breath -

Attachments

• IMG_2253.jpeg
    IMG_2253.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2250.jpeg
    IMG_2250.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2254.jpeg
    IMG_2254.jpeg
    753.2 KB · Views: 7
that’s pretty much the experience I’ve had with jeffs gear going 10-12 weeks with an early bird genotype popping up every now and then.doesn’t seem a bad yielder bud..

I still have my 2 DFG Zamal Dreams clones outside.
They were both knocked over by the winds I think Saturday.
I stood them up when I got home yesterday and need to clear out the cannatrol for them next~!

I still have my 2 DFG Zamal Dreams clones outside.
They were both knocked over by the winds I think Saturday.
I stood them up when I got home yesterday and need to clear out the cannatrol for them next~!
We had a pretty good year this year that's for sure. Best fall i think we've had since I started growing outside.
It was pretty windy here Friday and Saturday so they definitely could've blown over then.
I had a few empty totes go for a ride over the weekend too lol

Back
Top Bottom