Foothills, outdoor, 2024

If it's dry there I'd just let em grow wild.
With the humidity being anywhere from 60-100% here, I heavily defol outside or everything would already be mildew/mold
yeah, we have temps and humidity like west hell.
Today, they plants will probably see north of 105 degrees, I'm guessing that somewhere between 3 and 5 PM, the RH will be in single digits.
For certain, when that fire was raging, we had 8% RH! 8 freeking percent!

So yes, it's a dry heat! It really does make a difference for me.

Like a Sea of green screen?

I might have to consider that.
Stretching out those branches is going to be like going 12 rounds with Ali!
Yes. Like a ScrOG screen. Your main branches are already woody so it'll be hard to bend them much but the newer growth you tuck under a screen and control the height of the plant.

As we start the slow slide down towards the shortest day of the year, a mere six months away 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😬😬😬
Plants are happily clicking along. Sucking up every drop of water I can throw at them.
They grow big and fast.
Every day is like mid stretch growing. It’s freaking awesome to watch but a little worrisome. I can hide them for another couple feet, but I’m seriously thinking about breaking some branches and going horizontal for a couple weeks.
They aren’t massive but I’d like them to remain hidden from prying eyes. View attachment 62680View attachment 62681View attachment 62682View attachment 62683View attachment 62684View attachment 62685View attachment 62686View attachment 62687

Nice Tree Trunk!!

Hey Bud, what are the genetics of that Super Blue Dream?
I’m not entirely sure, my daughter bought some beans off the internet about a year ago, and this is the first of those beans that actually grew (this is actually a clone off the plant that we grew from seed). Every other seed would get up for a day or two, then just rot.

She doesn’t recall from whom she ordered them from.

The harvest of the plant that supplied this cut was harvested this past spring and is pretty awesome (I know, it’s all awesome). Strong berry aroma with a happy, contented buzz that just screams CBG.

Just for the heck of it:

These two plants are twin sisters.
They are clones, cut from the same plant and both nursed through a reveg cycle, side by side until about six weeks ago.

In early May, one plant was planted into the outdoors in the foothills, the other into a 15 gallon sack in the Bay Area.

The Bay Area plant is under 250 watts but the daytime temperatures are far warmer in the foothills. Nighttime temperatures aren’t greatly different, but just slightly warmer in the foothills.

The plants don’t even resemble one another anymore.

The Bay Area plant is a cute little plant, probably going to get an ounce.

The foothills plant is beefy, probably outweighs me, is close to shoulder high and seems to grow 1 - 2 inches a day.

Their nutrients aren’t the same, flora nova in the Bay Area while the foothills plant depends more on top dressing with insect frass, bat guano, blood meal and other natural nutrients. It occasionally gets a boost from flora nova, but mostly it’s just the natural stuff with a decent amount of great white. IMG_7130.jpegIMG_7131.jpegIMG_7105.jpeg

I’m not entirely sure, my daughter bought some beans off the internet about a year ago, and this is the first of those beans that actually grew (this is actually a clone off the plant that we grew from seed). Every other seed would get up for a day or two, then just rot.

She doesn’t recall from whom she ordered them from.

The harvest of the plant that supplied this cut was harvested this past spring and is pretty awesome (I know, it’s all awesome). Strong berry aroma with a happy, contented buzz that just screams CBG.
Have you thought about spraying a limb or two with STS to get some seeds in case you loose your clone? I would definitely be interested in getting some seeds from that beast, hopefully it may be the original Santa Cruz cut I have heard about. I would to pheno hunt about 10-15 seeds to find one similar to what you say this is (heavy berry scent and very mellow and relaxed). I would think it would be closer to a 50/50 hybrid but the leaves scream very heavy to the Sativa side.

Just for the heck of it:

These two plants are twin sisters.
They are clones, cut from the same plant and both nursed through a reveg cycle, side by side until about six weeks ago.

In early May, one plant was planted into the outdoors in the foothills, the other into a 15 gallon sack in the Bay Area.

The Bay Area plant is under 250 watts but the daytime temperatures are far warmer in the foothills. Nighttime temperatures aren’t greatly different, but just slightly warmer in the foothills.

The plants don’t even resemble one another anymore.

The Bay Area plant is a cute little plant, probably going to get an ounce.

The foothills plant is beefy, probably outweighs me, is close to shoulder high and seems to grow 1 - 2 inches a day.

Their nutrients aren’t the same, flora nova in the Bay Area while the foothills plant depends more on top dressing with insect frass, bat guano, blood meal and other natural nutrients. It occasionally gets a boost from flora nova, but mostly it’s just the natural stuff with a decent amount of great white. View attachment 62816View attachment 62817View attachment 62818
Sweet comparison. I'd have never guessed they started as identical clones. That foothills plant has a great shape to it and looks like something you'd see in a framed print.

Just for the heck of it, I named the two twin plants after the lead characters in the movie Twins.
The monster plant in the foothills is Arnold (Schrwartwhateverthefuckspellingitis), the midget plant in the bay area is Danny (De Vito).

Yea, I know I've misgendered the names/plants, but with what's going on in this weird old world, that's the least of our problems!

Sweet comparison. I'd have never guessed they started as identical clones. That foothills plant has a great shape to it and looks like something you'd see in a framed print.
Indeed, it's amazing what a difference there is.
The foothills environment is far from optimum, but for a plant that can stand up to the heat, it certainly shows what these plants can do!

In every case, anything I can grow in the bay area, I can grow better in the foothills. Some things require significantly more water and/or shade, but overall, the higher temps make a huge difference. I've even got some ferns that are out performing similar plants in the bay area. But they are getting a lot of spray (2 or 3 times daily) and shaded from direct sun by a pergola, they get morning and evening sun, but nothing harsh.

I'm not sure why it surprises me so much, maybe too much weed! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom