8 strains x 4 breeders. No veg. Seed to Weed in 80 days. Let's ride!

Happy 420 everybody!!!

To members who don't know me, I'm Bandit420
I grow so much pot I always have plenty

I live in a prohibition state and am considered an outlaw
Got two pretty good green thumbs, maybe because I'm a southpaw

I might be Sith but probably more Jedi
One thing for sure, this grass gives me redeye

Gonna grow some alien, banana, ice cream, OG, headband, and even a nuke
Stanky dank aromas from this crop just might make me puke

California Lightworks makes my LED light
They do a helluva job growing these weeds, frosty buds with density nice and tight

I pop my seeds using a 3D printed vertical germinator
It's tech sent here from the future like a Skynet Terminator

I start them off in airpots for awesome roots
And for food I give my ladies Great White, King Crab, & Neptune's Harvest nutes

In flower, Coast of Maine soil, 3.84 gallons per plant is what I use
Best soil around? Hell yes! That's old news

Pull up a chair and get ready for a show
Gonna try and turn these plants so white it'll look like snow

We'll be flying in a starship and I hope you don't panic
After all, this grow is 100% organic

🔥

The Breeders & Strains:

Irie Genetics ~ Nuketown

Cosmic Wisdom Seeds ~ Banana Twerpz

Greenpoint Seeds ~ Straight Jacket....AC/OG....Tahoe Animal....Gellazi....Banana Punch

My home bred cross ~ Haunted Banana F1

Everything except for Haunted Banana is feminized

🔥

A no veg grow is exactly what it sounds like. Once they break thru the seedling stage, the stalk firms up, 5 point leaves emerge, I flip to flower.
Several reasons for this and some are pointed out here

Not only has no veg growing saved me money on operating costs but it's allowing me to fit two extra grows annually which in turn means greater yields per year.

The speed though is the biggest game changer in all this. To be able to take 20-25 seeds and turn it into one lb of sensi in a little over two months time is some real shit that's hard not to notice.
And not just seed runs...I'm hoping to do some clone runs as well :cool:

So lets light the fires and burn some tires!!

🔥

View attachment 54556

IMG_7017.JPG

23 plants have been started. I have a max capacity of around 25-28.
4 starts are from regular seed and I expect some attrition occuring there and maybe a runt or mutant or two. This plan for attrition was done intentionally with the idea of taking clones and running a trailing crop with more Haunted Banana, Nuketown and Banana Twerpz to max out capacity and then some

IMG_7023.JPG

IMG_7024.JPG

IMG_7026.JPG

IMG_7027.JPG

New for this grow is an updated and ugraded air moving and cooling array of fans in addition to 3D printed, ceiling mount poles for ACI Gen 1 fans to cool the Spectramax heat output.
This was done by pointing a laser thermometer at the light's rails and identifying where the drivers are at causing the heat.
Before the cooling the rails were at 116*F. After cooling they don't get past 94*F.

IMG_7033.JPG

Right now two SS550s are on and they're both at 30%

IMG_0583.JPG

420spectral.png

Another upgrade is a center positioned SS550 under the Spectramax able to come down and help with starting the sprouts and also be a back up option in case heat is too much of an issue running the Spectramax.
This SS550 like the other two are on a remote control winch to be raised and lowered or installed or removed with ease.

IMG_7030.JPG

IMG_7032.JPG

IMG_7035.JPG

Y'all may be noticing some other changes well. 🥴
If those aesthetic changes are kinda doing a mind fuck with your eyes, that's the intention😋

🔥

The grow is monitored by Pulse and controlled by ACI, Blueprint, and Spartan controllers and thermostats.
There's eight 6" ACI fans, one 16" Air King, Hepa filtered active intake, a 10 speed 20" ceiling fan, and 700CFM worth of exhaust power

pulse.png

So that's the grow. 😋
Now comes the crazy shit like cannagars, rosin, dab life, bbq, and all other things 420 😵‍💫

Last edited:
I now consider dryer sheet scents a good sign.
Dudes used to cart their weight around in dryer sheets back in the day. Hard to believe but that would fuck up even a bag of brick weed. Now I associate dryer sheet smells with that or someone storing their product in a scented trash bag.

I'm not disagreeing with you. Just stating my experience with it. It's not appealing to me. That lemony/fruity profile is delicious though. We can agree there. The citrus/tangerine profile has been played out in my opinion. The orange really takes over and gets old before I finish a zip. Again... my opinion. I'm sure others love it. When Tangie first hit the market.. shit was fire. Now.. meh.

It's not an exaggeration to say Winter this year for me was measured in hours and not days, weeks, or months. Hours! Like maybe 100-150 hours of real Winter weather. Other than that, warm, warmer, and tropical warm. Set to hit 85 today with rain so that tropical thing seems to be what I'm dealing with most for this grow so far.
Here's what the week has looked like charted out....

View attachment 55589

Like trying to find function in dysfunction😋

🔥

Arch is the backup right now but he's pushing the starter something fierce. Just looks the part and is developing very well. And that arm is live AF!!!

Yep the draft starts tonight.🥳
All signs are pointing to the Raiders taking a QB and it will be Penix. He is an upgrade to what you have now but there's 4-5 QBs rated higher.
If ol Al Davis was still alive I'd bet the house on LV taking Texas WR Xavier Worthy who set the record for fastest 40yrd speed at the combine clocking a 4.2 40. He's thin and wiry but my guy is electric with the ball in his hands! Raiders love speed and he has it to spare.
There's a handful of Longhorns going in the first two rounds. 2 DTs, 2 WR, & 1 RB then maybe 10 others in later rounds. A bunch of 'em could help LV too.

Of all the guys running Irie gear on this forum I'm really surprised I'm the only one with Nuketown in the fold!
I love his Chernobyl so that's what sold me on it. Packs are on sale right now and Nuketown is only $25!!!

There's a lot of good genetics out there but yeah very few get elite status. Hype can be a problem but sometimes it's also just preference on personal taste. I'm a sucker for Banana OG and Chernobyl so they're at the top of my clone list to secure a very fat stash.
Happy to have you along for the ride SSG!
BTW I'll be down on the coastal bend this Summer with my wife and dogs enjoying the beaches and funky Texas coastal towns 🏖️🌴🌊

it sounds like your gonna have to turn on your AC soon.. in max ac smokin max ac!!! :D

this is my favorite time of the year, temps here are in the 60's and 70's during the day right now. been a lot more windy this year than normal though, been holding off on my poly tunnel because of storms. but today is the day!! i got a buddy coming over today to help me get the cover on!!! once the cover is on it will be at least 85* in there. it's pretty crazy how much more time i get to grow with in that thing.. i get close to 45-50 days extra growing time with it.

yeah you're right Al would have sucked up that WR in a heartbeat. he loved taking the fastest player on the board!! i don't whats gonna happen tonight.. most of me hopes the raiders don't trade up and just pick the best player available when it's their turn.. they need way more than a QB.. imo i don't think they need a QB. they need a guard, an end, a safety, a corner,, i mean i like if the'd move up but they'd end up giving up the farm to get there.. not worth it if ya gotta give up a first and second rounder just for a few spots now. we'll see what happens!!!

can't wait to see more of your grow room art man!!!! we got such a teazer!!!! i might have to pop on my spacesuit and check it out from the outside!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ya know astronaut stoneyluv and all.

And they're off and running!!
For so many strains from different breeders I'm really happy with the consistency going on here. Nothing is outpacing anything. No stretching for light either. Other than the two runt/mutants/bad starts everything is in good order

IMG_7051.JPG

IMG_7053.JPG

As it stands today the roster is:
4x Nuketown
4x Banana Twerpz
4x Haunted Banana
2x Straight Jacket
2x Tahoe Animal
2x AC/OG
2x Banana Punch
1x Gelazzi

🔥

Upgraded water system for this grow

IMG_7055.JPG

IMG_7057.JPG

The Waterboy stays the same holding 55 gallons of purified tap water with aeration and UV purifying in the tank.
The upgrade is the delivery now using a 12 gallon Yeti tank retired from it's days of tailgate parties so I can mix nutes and what not in it then it has an 800GPH pump activated by a remote control strapped to the water wand at the end of 12' of polypro tubing

it sounds like your gonna have to turn on your AC soon.. in max ac smokin max ac!!! :D

this is my favorite time of the year, temps here are in the 60's and 70's during the day right now. been a lot more windy this year than normal though, been holding off on my poly tunnel because of storms. but today is the day!! i got a buddy coming over today to help me get the cover on!!! once the cover is on it will be at least 85* in there. it's pretty crazy how much more time i get to grow with in that thing.. i get close to 45-50 days extra growing time with it.

yeah you're right Al would have sucked up that WR in a heartbeat. he loved taking the fastest player on the board!! i don't whats gonna happen tonight.. most of me hopes the raiders don't trade up and just pick the best player available when it's their turn.. they need way more than a QB.. imo i don't think they need a QB. they need a guard, an end, a safety, a corner,, i mean i like if the'd move up but they'd end up giving up the farm to get there.. not worth it if ya gotta give up a first and second rounder just for a few spots now. we'll see what happens!!!

can't wait to see more of your grow room art man!!!! we got such a teazer!!!! i might have to pop on my spacesuit and check it out from the outside!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ya know astronaut stoneyluv and all.

Yeah AC is on in the bedroom right now hahaha!!

This is a pretty good draft outside the top QBs. If I was GM of the Raiders I'd trade down! Middle first round thru 3rd round has depth and quality. Round 2 is loaded with starter quality players.
I'd trade down to get in front of KC in round one, get an xtra 2 and 3 and load up on line help and skill players. Definitely get help next to Crosby on that d-line and make it elite. Have that be the identity of the team and build from there. The offense cant go from worst to first with a rookie QB but that D sure could and it's a lot easier to win when the other team cant score.

hehe I'm digging the new look in the room. Kinda feel like I need a Capt Kirk command chair in there now. We'll see a lot more after flip 😋

Yeah AC is on in the bedroom right now hahaha!!

This is a pretty good draft outside the top QBs. If I was GM of the Raiders I'd trade down! Middle first round thru 3rd round has depth and quality. Round 2 is loaded with starter quality players.
I'd trade down to get in front of KC in round one, get an xtra 2 and 3 and load up on line help and skill players. Definitely get help next to Crosby on that d-line and make it elite. Have that be the identity of the team and build from there. The offense cant go from worst to first with a rookie QB but that D sure could and it's a lot easier to win when the other team cant score.

hehe I'm digging the new look in the room. Kinda feel like I need a Capt Kirk command chair in there now. We'll see a lot more after flip 😋

i wish you worked for the raiders..

Dudes used to cart their weight around in dryer sheets back in the day. Hard to believe but that would fuck up even a bag of brick weed. Now I associate dryer sheet smells with that or someone storing their product in a scented trash bag.

I'm not disagreeing with you. Just stating my experience with it. It's not appealing to me. That lemony/fruity profile is delicious though. We can agree there. The citrus/tangerine profile has been played out in my opinion. The orange really takes over and gets old before I finish a zip. Again... my opinion. I'm sure others love it. When Tangie first hit the market.. shit was fire. Now.. meh.
It wasn't appealing to me at all until I tried it.

I don't go looking for weird terpenes, but when a weird one finds me and slaps me silly, I take notice.

check out the 14 with another great quals!!! they definitely figured something out a while back this season, they have been consistently getting better each week. and it's all the way around too at all tracks so whatever they changed was a game changer for sure!! i've noticed!

they have a great pit stall selection this week too.. that winning momentum helps everything!!

i secretly hope somebody from the dover crew gets all stoned tonight and spills paint all over the first pit stall!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ok it's not really a secret i want it to happen!!!

figures Bell would wreck this week, i have him in the pool. pretty soon i'll have all champions left for the rest of the season... any given sunday!!!

check out the 14 with another great quals!!! they definitely figured something out a while back this season, they have been consistently getting better each week. and it's all the way around too at all tracks so whatever they changed was a game changer for sure!! i've noticed!

they have a great pit stall selection this week too.. that winning momentum helps everything!!

i secretly hope somebody from the dover crew gets all stoned tonight and spills paint all over the first pit stall!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ok it's not really a secret i want it to happen!!!

figures Bell would wreck this week, i have him in the pool. pretty soon i'll have all champions left for the rest of the season... any given sunday!!!

The #10 is having himself a pretty good April too! Even the #4 is coming around. This winless drought for SHR has got to break open soon FFS.
This week in the pool is where I take my shot Bro. Everybody has Truex but I opted for Elliot. Gonna be separation Sunday where I either pull out in front for the lead or get left in the dust and have to crawl my way back up again hahaha! Fun though!!!

Man you see the #23? How in the fuck does he always get these awesome wraps??!! That car looks badder than baddass!!!

The #10 is having himself a pretty good April too! Even the #4 is coming around. This winless drought for SHR has got to break open soon FFS.
This week in the pool is where I take my shot Bro. Everybody has Truex but I opted for Elliot. Gonna be separation Sunday where I either pull out in front for the lead or get left in the dust and have to crawl my way back up again hahaha! Fun though!!!

Man you see the #23? How in the fuck does he always get these awesome wraps??!! That car looks badder than baddass!!!

they've paid their dues for sure and are chompin at the bit for a win... i'd love to see the 14 with a ticket punched!!!

yeah what's up with that i was reading story lines all week about truex, i thought they were just gonna give him the trophy now and not even wait. they better wait because chances are his pit crew is gonna screw him over!!!!

i just hope they get to race.. last week wasn't racin!

and no i didn't get to see the awesome 23 wrap... i know just what you mean, they always have badass looking cars... hey i guess if ya can't go fast you better look good!! 😆

early start tomorrow.

OHHHH wanted to tell ya... a few years ago the broadcasts wern't so delayed and the scanner was behind the tv so you could pause and play to line em up perfect... but then Larson and Truex had to screw it all up for everybody and drop F bombs back to back weekends on live tv on in car radio listen in's... just like janet jacksons boob slip.. ruined it for everybody at home from day forward!!!!! :D

they've paid their dues for sure and are chompin at the bit for a win... i'd love to see the 14 with a ticket punched!!!

yeah what's up with that i was reading story lines all week about truex, i thought they were just gonna give him the trophy now and not even wait. they better wait because chances are his pit crew is gonna screw him over!!!!

i just hope they get to race.. last week wasn't racin!

and no i didn't get to see the awesome 23 wrap... i know just what you mean, they always have badass looking cars... hey i guess if ya can't go fast you better look good!! 😆

early start tomorrow.

OHHHH wanted to tell ya... a few years ago the broadcasts wern't so delayed and the scanner was behind the tv so you could pause and play to line em up perfect... but then Larson and Truex had to screw it all up for everybody and drop F bombs back to back weekends on live tv on in car radio listen in's... just like janet jacksons boob slip.. ruined it for everybody at home from day forward!!!!! :D

I know all week reading I was thinking okay we got another Martinsville where it looks like the winner is already in the bag. Now I see #11 is the favorite so I'm thinking we're gonna have a dang JGR 1,2,3 or some bullshit like that. Hopefully these Fords will flip this script.
I'll be watching live again today and will try to do the scanner. I finally realized another thing about the scanner and NASCAR.COM is I get a better experience using Google Chrome for my browser instead of Firefox. Last week I couldn't even sign in to get on the scanner due to FF fucking it all up.
I'm a cord cutter so my live TV stream actually comes thru Hulu and as far as I can tell the scanner is close to a full minute ahead.

Yeah Bubba has a throwback to when he was at Petty and had the USAF as a sponsor. His car looks like a WWII Flying Tiger with the shark mouth and everything.

Well the draft is over and not a single Longhorn went to a team IGAF about. Sent up 11 to the league with 2 more undrafted free agents.
Looks like the Raiders took best available in round 1 then filled in for needs on the rest. Decent draft for them. Not great but not bad either. They did grab a QB in UFA but I wouldn't count on him to make it out of training camp

I know all week reading I was thinking okay we got another Martinsville where it looks like the winner is already in the bag. Now I see #11 is the favorite so I'm thinking we're gonna have a dang JGR 1,2,3 or some bullshit like that. Hopefully these Fords will flip this script.
I'll be watching live again today and will try to do the scanner. I finally realized another thing about the scanner and NASCAR.COM is I get a better experience using Google Chrome for my browser instead of Firefox. Last week I couldn't even sign in to get on the scanner due to FF fucking it all up.
I'm a cord cutter so my live TV stream actually comes thru Hulu and as far as I can tell the scanner is close to a full minute ahead.

Yeah Bubba has a throwback to when he was at Petty and had the USAF as a sponsor. His car looks like a WWII Flying Tiger with the shark mouth and everything.

Well the draft is over and not a single Longhorn went to a team IGAF about. Sent up 11 to the league with 2 more undrafted free agents.
Looks like the Raiders took best available in round 1 then filled in for needs on the rest. Decent draft for them. Not great but not bad either. They did grab a QB in UFA but I wouldn't count on him to make it out of training camp

good luck to the 14 team man!!!! lets go green!!!!!!!! that 10 car looks pretty sharp!!!

The 14 be driving like

View attachment 56009

That 5 though!!!! 🔥

thats rough man, he started out so well they need some good adjustments and a great pit stop to get him back in the hunt!! kinda tough in the pits not much strategy, everybody takin four

that 5 pit crew man!!! more stage points!!

hopefully elliot makes it personal and knocks out truex for ya!!! been rootin all race!!

thats rough man, he started out so well they need some good adjustments and a great pit stop to get him back in the hunt!! kinda tough in the pits not much strategy, everybody takin four

that 5 pit crew man!!! more stage points!!

hopefully elliot makes it personal and knocks out truex for ya!!! been rootin all race!!

Fuck Denny Hamlin, Mavis Tires and Brakes, and Miles the Monster for not eating the 11 along with the 23

🔥

Weeds in space

IMG_7073.JPG

IMG_7076.JPG

IMG_7077.JPG

Hiding in plain sight. Like the ganja version of the Where's Waldo game

IMG_0592.JPG

ganja camo!!!!!!!

i have a pocket knife that you'd never be able to find in there...

013.JPG

my knife could use a little nitrogen!!!!!! 😆 😆 😆

lookin great in the ISS!!! looks like one plant doesn't wanna play nice... glad to see it's the only one though!!!

ganja camo!!!!!!!

i have a pocket knife that you'd never be able to find in there...

View attachment 56111

my knife could use a little nitrogen!!!!!! 😆 😆 😆

lookin great in the ISS!!! looks like one plant doesn't wanna play nice... glad to see it's the only one though!!!

Looks like that knife could use some N and some defoliation! When you gonna flip it? 😋
Yeah I've got one that is not getting up off the mat and two more that will be culled for disobeying a direct order to grow fast as a sumbitch and not be weird about it.

They all got a dose of Neptune's Veggie and Tomato food this morning and they're all feeling their feels this evening from it.

A lot are showing their 5 pointers and I'm thinking about time to flip already. Maybe a few more days in the oven I suppose.
Gotta decide which to pull for more veg and cloning.
Tomorrow I'll cull the slow pokes and weirdos then a do a little shuffling getting them all under one light for now

IMG_0598.JPG

IMG_0599.JPG

I am waiting on 2 Neon Gummies to liven up and a mystery plant in one of my 3x3 tents. Your ISS space theme is rad for sure, props on that design.

Thanks Buddy!🩲🩲🩲
Neon Gummies sounds interesting!🤘

Nothing wrong with a little mystery in the garden Brother!
I'm already thinking about my next grow and one cut already on the list is bagseed Tropicanna Cherry thanks to Stoney and letting me test his dank. I think I have 5 or 6 of those seeds. Not sure if they're hermie or fem or what but I'll damn sure find out. Color like that is rare even though that name is a far cry from what that shit smells and tastes like.

Also gonna explore more with this Haunted Banana I've created. I'm liking some traits I'm seeing in them. Looks to be strong in mama's haze bloodline.
I might do another breeding project with that TC bagseed and this HB. Time to do more with regular seeds I think. Run 25-35 plants and have half be reg for playing around and not be so dependent on GPS fems. Gotta break some eggs to make an omelette ya know!

Roster cuts and adjustments day

Down to 20 plants with 2 more on the cut bubble and I moved them all under one light. I've also raised the light about 5" to accommodate the slightly larger footprint and brought the one light up to 70% output.

IMG_0601.JPG

IMG_0603.JPG

This has me at only 223 watts for now

IMG_0608.JPG

I like that I'm not seeing any leaning or stretching towards the center which is telling me the DLI is good but I think I can push it even more since it's only at 13. Tomorrow after they've acclimated I think I'll bump it up to 75% then to 80% the day after that and along with that give a more potent feeding

data1.png

* For all my SS550 homies without a way to measure DLI: If your light is set between 24 and 30 inches above canopy, roughly every 10% increase in output is worth 1 point of DLI.
So one way to kinda figure this out without using a meter is set your light at the operating height then set it to 50%. You can move the channels up or down, I prefer balance of all three, but as long as you're at 50% you have a baseline DLI of 10-11 at that height.
Every increase of 10% will add 1 more point to DLI so 60%=12, 70% =13 and so on.
This formula is useful in getting the most from your light without lacking light or causing stress so if any issues arise, you'll know with certainty it's not light related.

For mature veg and flowering I'll want the DLI at 30-45 and in that case I'll want the light at max power then adjust the height. I'll get into that later with data because lowering the light also decreases footprint and that's where another light or at least supplemental light will be needed if the footprint exceeds 3'x3' with the bigger plants and footprint needed for them.

I like where I'm at with the environment and feeling as close to dialed in as possible. However usable light being at 96% and a DLI of only 13 when I can bump it to 15 does leave a little room to push these plants a little harder. Usable light at 98-100% and DLI at 15 is preferred here but it is nice to see this performance using only 223 watts to get it ;)

data2.png

sweet!!!!!! those charts make my head spin man... reminds me of corporate working days, getting twitches and flashbacks!! hahaha

nah though seriously thats really cool man, with all that info you can really set your light for maximum efficiency all while balancing the power draw.

how many did you flower last round? it was a few more than this 18-20, yeah?

sweet!!!!!! those charts make my head spin man... reminds me of corporate working days, getting twitches and flashbacks!! hahaha

nah though seriously thats really cool man, with all that info you can really set your light for maximum efficiency all while balancing the power draw.

how many did you flower last round? it was a few more than this 18-20, yeah?

The language of a grow room. If it could talk it would sound like R2D2 gettin' it on in a 3 way with a dial up modem and a fax machine.:cool:

There was 21 plants in my last grow with meter readings telling me I could add another row with up to 8 more plants if I arranged it well enough. But that's with single plant pots. If I used three earthboxes with 6 clones each, that 8 can be 18 ;)

In the days of yore I could never get enough headroom. Seems with no veg farming I have too much now.
So I'm going over some options here balancing comfort and performance.

I don't like the young starts at floor level.
Typically I use a poker card table, set a tray on top and have at it. That's also so I can stick a heater under the table but I like the youngsters up high so I can examine them closely all at the same time rather than picking each one up off the floor to get a close up look. So I'm wanting a table feature again but also like using the big tray which is too big for my card table.

Another factor is the Spectramax. I like it being up high in a fixed position. It's too big and heavy to be raising and lowering so if plants are too short, I'd rather raise them up to the light than lower the light to them.
Plus it's easier to cool it down with the fans for it also being in a fixed position near the rafters.

Now with it's DLI, I'm getting a reading that's telling me at max power it should be around 30-36 inches above canopy for flowering. And to get a good haul doing no veg these lights need to be at the best possible position I can drum up

spectramaxdli.png

I'm thinking the play is go with a table of some sort.
There's already a support beam attached to the wall from back in my flood & drain days with table beds so I could do a sort of DIY deal using it and a couple cinder blocks and sheet of plywood to have a table 20" up off the floor.
Still a little too low for youngster plants but better than being on the floor. And it would be in a fixed position so it's 20" or nothing.
I'm also thinking what if 20" is too high? Like I want height in the beginning...30" height would be awesome but for flowering I may need 20 but what if I only need 10? Then I'm back to lacking headroom again.

So I'm thinking something adjustable would be great and that brings me to the world of electric scissor lifts.
I found one with a 300lb weight limit and it's minimum height is 8" up off the floor with a max height of 27"

61TeUe-H7AL._AC_SL1430_.jpg
71g2LtjBX+L._AC_SL1430_.jpg

I like this idea the more I think about.
Gonna hit a doob, walk the dogs, and go grocery shopping while I think about doing this table sitchyation.
I absolutely need a table now I'm just thinking do I get a really nice one that makes everything great or go DIY and it be a little clumsy setting up and taking down and being limited to 20", take it or leave it.
I think I know where this choice is headed as I'm typing and thinking deep about it but wanna dwell on it some more and maybe another idea or solution will pop up

In the days of yore I could never get enough headroom. Seems with no veg farming I have too much now.
So I'm going over some options here balancing comfort and performance.

I don't like the young starts at floor level.
Typically I use a poker card table, set a tray on top and have at it. That's also so I can stick a heater under the table but I like the youngsters up high so I can examine them closely all at the same time rather than picking each one up off the floor to get a close up look. So I'm wanting a table feature again but also like using the big tray which is too big for my card table.

Another factor is the Spectramax. I like it being up high in a fixed position. It's too big and heavy to be raising and lowering so if plants are too short, I'd rather raise them up to the light than lower the light to them.
Plus it's easier to cool it down with the fans for it also being in a fixed position near the rafters.

Now with it's DLI, I'm getting a reading that's telling me at max power it should be around 30-36 inches above canopy for flowering. And to get a good haul doing no veg these lights need to be at the best possible position I can drum up

View attachment 56376

I'm thinking the play is go with a table of some sort.
There's already a support beam attached to the wall from back in my flood & drain days with table beds so I could do a sort of DIY deal using it and a couple cinder blocks and sheet of plywood to have a table 20" up off the floor.
Still a little too low for youngster plants but better than being on the floor. And it would be in a fixed position so it's 20" or nothing.
I'm also thinking what if 20" is too high? Like I want height in the beginning...30" height would be awesome but for flowering I may need 20 but what if I only need 10? Then I'm back to lacking headroom again.

So I'm thinking something adjustable would be great and that brings me to the world of electric scissor lifts.
I found one with a 300lb weight limit and it's minimum height is 8" up off the floor with a max height of 27"

View attachment 56379
View attachment 56380

I like this idea the more I think about.
Gonna hit a doob, walk the dogs, and go grocery shopping while I think about doing this table sitchyation.
I absolutely need a table now I'm just thinking do I get a really nice one that makes everything great or go DIY and it be a little clumsy setting up and taking down and being limited to 20", take it or leave it.
I think I know where this choice is headed as I'm typing and thinking deep about it but wanna dwell on it some more and maybe another idea or solution will pop up

i have something similar to that but it's manual hydraulic not electric, i use it to lift my atv. it works really well and always dependable. it's not the exact same but close to this one...

surprisingly mine is black and not orange... i saw the orange one and had to post it for ya!!! hehe

i have something similar to that but it's manual hydraulic not electric, i use it to lift my atv. it works really well and always dependable. it's not the exact same but close to this one...

surprisingly mine is black and not orange... i saw the orange one and had to post it for ya!!! hehe

Awesome link Dude!!!🩲🩲🩲
I was wondering how I would rig the small tray to do the same and that link led me to this one for only $58

71s4SuIf1CL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The only thing is that I'll need to extend the handle a few feet since it will be up under the tray out of reach as is. The lift platform is only 9"x14" and the tray on top of it will be 2'x4' with access to the long side so I'll need to extend the handle to around 5'.

That's also what was throwing me off hydraulic lifts for the big tray. The lifts have small footprints while the tray I put on top has a 40"x80" footprint. I'd have to crawl around up under it to get to the jack handle and it would be so far in there an extended long jack handle wouldn't have much room for a full swing.

I ordered the electric as well and it will be here Saturday. Love that free return thing so I'll kinda get to test drive it to see if I like it ton and if it's sturdy enough. The idea of a remote control lifting tray that goes from floor to desk height is sexy AF and my back would sure love it.
If I don't like it I'll return it and likely order two more of the small twister lifts and just make more long handles.
The nice thing about the two lift idea is being able to tilt the tray so any runoff goes to one side for ez clean up with the shop vac.

Awesome link Dude!!!🩲🩲🩲
I was wondering how I would rig the small tray to do the same and that link led me to this one for only $58

View attachment 56396

The only thing is that I'll need to extend the handle a few feet since it will be up under the tray out of reach as is. The lift platform is only 9"x14" and the tray on top of it will be 2'x4' with access to the long side so I'll need to extend the handle to around 5'.

That's also what was throwing me off hydraulic lifts for the big tray. The lifts have small footprints while the tray I put on top has a 40"x80" footprint. I'd have to crawl around up under it to get to the jack handle and it would be so far in there an extended long jack handle wouldn't have much room for a full swing.

I ordered the electric as well and it will be here Saturday. Love that free return thing so I'll kinda get to test drive it to see if I like it ton and if it's sturdy enough. The idea of a remote control lifting tray that goes from floor to desk height is sexy AF and my back would sure love it.
If I don't like it I'll return it and likely order two more of the small twister lifts and just make more long handles.
The nice thing about the two lift idea is being able to tilt the tray so any runoff goes to one side for ez clean up with the shop vac.

i never thought of it as how to reach under to adjust... that is an issue. the electric one would solve all that. hope it's strong enough. if ti's questionable on strength we could always electrify one of the tougher frames!!!! i use one of those electric actuators on my chicken coop door hooked to a light sensor. i thought you had some thing that used them too,, recliner, auto desk.. they all use those 12Vdc linear actuators.

there's just something intriguing about being able to put you plants at the perfect height to work on in a flash and then put it back without moving a single plant. this is a golden idea for limited mobility growers man!!!

i never thought of it as how to reach under to adjust... that is an issue. the electric one would solve all that. hope it's strong enough. if ti's questionable on strength we could always electrify one of the tougher frames!!!! i use one of those electric actuators on my chicken coop door hooked to a light sensor. i thought you had some thing that used them too,, recliner, auto desk.. they all use those 12Vdc linear actuators.

there's just something intriguing about being able to put you plants at the perfect height to work on in a flash and then put it back without moving a single plant. this is a golden idea for limited mobility growers man!!!

Our sofa is the kind where it's a 3 seater and the two end seats electrically recline then my wife also has a desk that goes up and down so she can sit or stand at it. And yeah I did think about stealing it from her.😈 I also have a massage recliner I rarely use but didn't think about using it for parts in this.
I'm finding those parts rather cheap too by themselves in the $40-$50 range. I didn't like the price of the electric tipping over the $300 mark even with a coupon but it was better than some way out of my limits costing a couple grand and built to lift a car.
There was another for less than $250 but weight capacity was 130lbs. This one is 300lbs limit. What sold me was people using it to replace stairs on RVs and step ups out of basements and sunken floors so people can stand on it and it worked great.
Maybe the 130 would work but I'm guessing each pot is around 10-15lbs wet then the tray is about 20 and the plywood support might weigh as much as 50. So I thought 15 plants and everything else would climb up over that 130lb kinda ez.
I actually may end up sending the small twister lift back since it's only a 14" lift and the end lights are on the winches so may not really need it.

Really excited for Saturday now to try this out. You're right too man whether mobility impaired, tripping balls, or just lazy AF that's a really cool feature to have in a grow op

Back
Top Bottom