About temps...

Mars_Barz

Stoned Scientist
Reaction score
It was so warm for almost a month straight. I thought my plant was experiencing a mag deficiency, so I poured in a tbsp. of Epsom and a tbsp. of calmag. Problem seemed to go away, but then came back. So then I poured in 2 tbsp. of Epsom and still the same thing - delayed growth, burnt tips/yellow leaves. I left the plant as was, just to observe, only watering every couple of days. The temps went down and my plant has seemingly looked and grown a lot healthier since.

I'll upload a couple of photos, but I'm going to presume my issue was too much heat causing some sort of nute lockout? Don't mind the hygrometer, I always reset after each watering. The temps inside of that tent for that spell of hot water would sometimes go as high as 37C or 38C

Attachments

• IMG_0817.JPG
    IMG_0817.JPG
    587.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0818.JPG
    IMG_0818.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0819.JPG
    IMG_0819.JPG
    549.8 KB · Views: 11
What feeding schedule are you using?
It looks like early nute burn also along with the Mg def.
I don't see lackin Calcium so I would be careful adding too much.
It will lock out other nutes.

What feeding schedule are you using?
It looks like early nute burn also along with the Mg def.
I don't see lackin Calcium so I would be careful adding too much.
It will lock out other nutes.
I'm not using a feeding schedule per se, I'm using some stuff from the dept store, some top dress fertilizer. It's been in veg since July, two months now. I've applied fertilizer twice now, and I've checked my soil for NPK plus pH. I'm was kind of blown away by how good my pH was, in between 6.5 and 6.9.

It was really hot in here, so I think that's why there's evidence of nute burn. I didn't add a lot of Calmag. I do like to supplement with a tbsp. of Epsom tho, as when you look at the back of the Calmag bottle it has the portions of Calcium and Magnesium way off (5.00 calcium to 1.5 for mag or something like that).

I'm not using a feeding schedule per se, I'm using some stuff from the dept store, some top dress fertilizer. It's been in veg since July, two months now. I've applied fertilizer twice now, and I've checked my soil for NPK plus pH. I'm was kind of blown away by how good my pH was, in between 6.5 and 6.9.

It was really hot in here, so I think that's why there's evidence of nute burn. I didn't add a lot of Calmag. I do like to supplement with a tbsp. of Epsom tho, as when you look at the back of the Calmag bottle it has the portions of Calcium and Magnesium way off (5.00 calcium to 1.5 for mag or something like that).
How did you check NPK?

Orgranics often run over 2000ppm and there is not real good way to see whats available unless you send it in for analysis.

Reactions: Max
How did you check NPK?

Orgranics often run over 2000ppm and there is not real good way to see whats available unless you send it in for analysis.
They have these cheap chemical test things at the dept. store. They're not entirely accurate, as you need to compare the colour to a colour included in a little folder. But they give you a ballpark estimate as to how much N, P, or K is in your soil.

I'm not sure what I'm doing would pass for 'organic' tho.. I did try to buy products sporting the label. But I read somewhere (and I'm not sure if it's true) that those 'organic' labels is more of a marketing ploy than anything.

They have these cheap chemical test things at the dept. store. They're not entirely accurate, as you need to compare the colour to a colour included in a little folder. But they give you a ballpark estimate as to how much N, P, or K is in your soil.

I'm not sure what I'm doing would pass for 'organic' tho.. I did try to buy products sporting the label. But I read somewhere (and I'm not sure if it's true) that those 'organic' labels is more of a marketing ploy than anything.
Organic is no better than synthetic its just the application that makes a difference. Organic is well suited to outdoor and provides some benefits in terms of microorganisms and exudes.

They both break down into ions.

A olant does not take up organic nutrients.

I can explain more tomorrow but just heading iff to bed.

Organic is and isn’t a marketing ploy. I’ll explain tomorrow

Organic is no better than synthetic its just the application that makes a difference. Organic is well suited to outdoor and provides some benefits in terms of microorganisms and exudes.

They both break down into ions.

A olant does not take up organic nutrients.

I can explain more tomorrow but just heading iff to bed.

Organic is and isn’t a marketing ploy. I’ll explain tomorrow
I know that organic feeds the soil, not the plant itself. Synthetic does the opposite; it feeds the plant directly at the source of the roots.

I often get excited at the idea of how fat your buds could get on coir with that canna pk 13/14 with co2 enrichment.

Have a good sleep, we'll chat tomorrow

It was so warm for almost a month straight. I thought my plant was experiencing a mag deficiency, so I poured in a tbsp. of Epsom and a tbsp. of calmag. Problem seemed to go away, but then came back. So then I poured in 2 tbsp. of Epsom and still the same thing - delayed growth, burnt tips/yellow leaves. I left the plant as was, just to observe, only watering every couple of days. The temps went down and my plant has seemingly looked and grown a lot healthier since.

I'll upload a couple of photos, but I'm going to presume my issue was too much heat causing some sort of nute lockout? Don't mind the hygrometer, I always reset after each watering. The temps inside of that tent for that spell of hot water would sometimes go as high as 37C or 38C
Hey, I'd suggest epsom salts 1tsp every feed in veg and lay off Cal/mag until week 3 in flower as per this graph I keep posting. Any time I've added cal/mag in veg I've had lock out problems. Once you start with cal/mag stop using the epsom salts
1726432687908.png

Back
Top Bottom