All things shrooms

So I have done the extract 5 times .first 2 time I screwed it up to hot during purge of solvent.the last 3 times I did it Over night low and slow.DISco.2 vodka extractions same material.

Last edited:
Coco/verm substrate ratiosn made easy.

200g of coco
1 quart/litre of vermiculite
1 quart litre distilled water.
These are ratios so you can adjust based on needs.

NO gypsum (many contain trich)

Bring the water to a boil.

Add coco/verm to a 5 gal pail with lid.

Pour boiling water into pail and cover with the lid for 30 mins. The open and mix well.

Cover with lid and lace until room temp. (Depends on how much you make) generally 3-4 hrs.

Mix with grain soawn at a ratio of 2/1 sub to soawn.

Videos of the whole process to cone over the next week or 2. I cluding all materials used.

temperature is super important

Ok so this is a grain almost ready for transfer. Will video this grain to grain transfer on sat or Sunday. Showing a still air box. They work but not as well as a laminar flow hood. None the less it what we are working with here.IMG_1521.jpeg

The 12 on the left were done today but i had nobody to video so we can track the timefram. Whoch is aboit 7-10 days to full colonization.

I do 1 colonized to 3 half filled and pressure cooked.
IMG_1523.jpeg

What grain
Ok so this is a grain almost ready for transfer. Will video this grain to grain transfer on sat or Sunday. Showing a still air box. They work but not as well as a laminar flow hood. None the less it what we are working with here.View attachment 46127

The 12 on the left were done today but i had nobody to video so we can track the timefram. Whoch is aboit 7-10 days to full colonization.

I do 1 colonized to 3 half filled and pressure cooked.
View attachment 46129
What grain do you like using

What grain

What grain do you like using
Rue berries if at all possible. I soak for 12-24 hrs then dry the outside for a few gra and into jars half full. Im doing some tomorrow so i will get the vetter half to video exactly how i do it.

I soak in distilled water as to lower the changes of endospores that may be heat resistant. Not absolutely necessary but just something i do

Rue berries if at all possible. I soak for 12-24 hrs then dry the outside for a few gra and into jars half full. Im doing some tomorrow so i will get the vetter half to video exactly how i do it.

I soak in distilled water as to lower the changes of endospores that may be heat resistant. Not absolutely necessary but just something i do
Right on I have pre done bags now but would rather make my own

Right on I have pre done bags now but would rather make my own
Very easy with a pressure cooker. That’s absolutely needed. I will make a few videos tomorrow to show exactly how i do that.

With rye berries dill a 1qt/litre jar full of dry rye grain. Soak for 12-14 hrs and then dry the outside for a few hrs or with a hair drieer.

Each full dry jar will fill 3 jars a little past 1/2 then preasure cook for 90min at 13-15 psi

Very easy with a pressure cooker. That’s absolutely needed. I will make a few videos tomorrow to show exactly how i do that.

With rye berries dill a 1qt/litre jar full of dry rye grain. Soak for 12-14 hrs and then dry the outside for a few hrs or with a hair drieer.

Each full dry jar will fill 3 jars a little past 1/2 then preasure cook for 90min at 13-15 psi
Yeah im a wiz on the pressure cooker.i put up a shit load of green beans ,carrots ,deer meat every year for winter.

Do you keep your jars in a incubator or just room temp?

Yeah im a wiz on the pressure cooker.i put up a shit load of green beans ,carrots ,deer meat every year for winter.
Then no reason not to do your own. Millet, popcorn, oats or any grain will work. I like rye because i know it well.

Just buy a case of 12 wide mouth canning jars and drill a 1/4 hole in them. Then use polyfill in the whole

Then no reason not to do your own. Millet, popcorn, oats or any grain will work. I like rye because i know it well.

Just buy a case of 12 wide mouth canning jars and drill a 1/4 hole in them. Then use polyfill in the whole
I used millet years ago with good results.my wife has been hounding me for about a year to grow her some. I'm gona do some wine caps and oysters for garden too. What strains you like growing? Do you do clones in dishes for liquid culture or spores?
I always used and incubator back in the day. Two totes bottom one with water and aquarium heater to control temp.

Thats a good method but more complex. Not necessary but does control the sub temp better. Heat is produced during colonization of n the same way a compost pile works. Heat is a byproduct.

Depending on substrate size and temp the temperature of the substrate can be wuite a bit higher than room temp.
Mthats where the water bath method helps remove that variable.

Typically in my bis size at my temp the substrate is around 2-4 f warmer. The higher them temp the faster the growth the hogher the difference between ambient and substrate

Thats a good method but more complex. Not necessary but does control the sub temp better. Heat is produced during colonization of n the same way a compost pile works. Heat is a byproduct.

Depending on substrate size and temp the temperature of the substrate can be wuite a bit higher than room temp.
Mthats where the water bath method helps remove that variable.

Typically in my bis size at my temp the substrate is around 2-4 f warmer. The higher them temp the faster the growth the hogher the difference between ambient and substrate
Right on bro thanks.gota harvest some plants when I get back proubly start up after that. Definitely interested in your methods.
You like jars better than bags?

I used millet years ago with good results.my wife has been hounding me for about a year to grow her some. I'm gona do some wine caps and oysters for garden too. What strains you like growing? Do you do clones in dishes for liquid culture or spores?
I always used and incubator back in the day. Two totes bottom one with water and aquarium heater to control temp.
Once i build my laminar or positive pressure box i will start doing again and LC. Cloning also. I did a fair bit of soore work with pan cyans to get an isolate. You can find another isolate of those at sporeslab Canada as they got it from me.

Eventually i will work into breeding but for now grain to grain until i buold wother of those.

I really miss having my positive pressure hepa box. But i will go laminar next

Right on bro thanks.gota harvest some plants when I get back proubly start up after that. Definitely interested in your methods.
You like jars better than bags?
I tried the bags but im more familiar with the jars and its easier for me. The bags seemed to gove me a few issues bit only because i never stuck to them long enough to figure out.

I used the unicorn bags and they worked but jars you oay for once. IMO its a matter of preference. If i were to go big i would definitely switch to bags though

Once i build my laminar or positive pressure box i will start doing again and LC. Cloning also. I did a fair bit of soore work with pan cyans to get an isolate. You can find another isolate of those at sporeslab Canada as they got it from me.

Eventually i will work into breeding but for now grain to grain until i buold wother of those.

I really miss having my positive pressure hepa box. But i will go laminar next
The flow hood I know,but I'm not familiar with the positive pressure box.made a glove still air box last week .

Back
Top Bottom