All things shrooms

Yeah it gets kinda iffy initially after they come out of the PC, lots of condensation. But it dissipates within a day or two. The quality of bags is important, I've learned. I ordered some larger ones for master mix bags, and am hoping they work out just as well as the ones I'm using for grains.
What brand are you using atm?

What brand are you using atm?
IMPRESA 50 Pack Mushroom Growing Bags Mushroom Spawn Bags - Large Extra Thick 6 Mil Bags 6"X 5"X 20" 0.2 Micron Filter Breathable-Autoclavable Bags That Stand Up - Durable Bags -Tear Resistant Strong https://a.co/d/j0xWkVH

For what it's worth, I can fit nine 700g grain bags in my 23 quart PC with these bags. Might be able to squeeze in a few more of I dropped the weight down to around 550g, but I like the volume that 700g provides. When doing the G2G transfers, I end up with ~1050g of spawn which is perfect for one bag per 12qt tub.

Pretty stoked leaving for work this morning, I checked my tubs and one of my Melmac OG tubs has a couple of albino clusters mixed in. :cool: Cloning and swabbing coming soon! Did I win the genetic lottery?

We cooking now! The pink oyster is an eager beaver too. Gotta figure out how to deal with this variety, shit moves fast.
PXL_20240831_025523969.jpgPXL_20240831_025518493.jpgPXL_20240831_025442970.jpgPXL_20240831_025434592.jpg

Almost a full house. Ran out of vermiculite before I could make up the last tray. Hopefully a store is open tomorrow that has it so I can get the last bag birthed.

These jmf are taking their sweet time growing, too. Some of the slowest fruit development I've seen, and loads of mutations. Have some albino looking ones, some growing upside down (cap is literally on the substrate, base of stem up in the air), odd shapes. Gonna clone a few of the nicer looking fruits when it comes time, then put this strain on the back burner for a bit while I work through the other genetics I have in the queue.
PXL_20240902_030037928.MP.jpgPXL_20240902_030102408.jpgPXL_20240902_030105937.jpg

alright, historically i've used Damprid to dry mushrooms after harvest. I think it's time to step into the 21st century and grab a food dehydrator. Don't need a commercial sized unit, yet, but definitely need something with deeper/taller shelves as 1" ain't gonna allow cubensis caps to fit properly.

Any recs on units? Budget of ~$100 preferably.

alright, historically i've used Damprid to dry mushrooms after harvest. I think it's time to step into the 21st century and grab a food dehydrator. Don't need a commercial sized unit, yet, but definitely need something with deeper/taller shelves as 1" ain't gonna allow cubensis caps to fit properly.

Any recs on units? Budget of ~$100 preferably.
Myco Labs 350 Watt Mushroom Dehydrator with Adjustable Temperature Control and Extra Tall Trays https://a.co/d/5dwZPwM

^^ that looks nice!!! i like the tall trays... although just to mention, i always used the regular sized ones for my mushies and never fit in the trays either. i just left them hold the trays up and as they dry the trays settle into place. sometimes they were so big they never fit at all, still dried them cracker dry every time!!!

i like the adjustable heat though, thats pimp!! ^^^

First jmf flush harvested. Some decent clusters but the size of the fruits is disappointing. Gonna dunk the tubs and hope for better results during the second flush.
View attachment 72129View attachment 72130
Love to see you are still killing it on fungus @tobh
It feels good to be back and see everyone still killing it

makes me miss growing/experimenting

I still have a few chocolate bars i made to preserve the last harvest, but feel like going through that just to have a reason to grow these again!

I came close to pulling the trigger on those jedi bitches last time, i'd love to hear your opinion on them when they are ready

Love to see you are still killing it on fungus @tobh
It feels good to be back and see everyone still killing it

makes me miss growing/experimenting

I still have a few chocolate bars i made to preserve the last harvest, but feel like going through that just to have a reason to grow these again!

I came close to pulling the trigger on those jedi bitches last time, i'd love to hear your opinion on them when they are ready
would quite saying i'm killin it yet, but getting back into the swing of things feels good. appreciate the compliment, either way!

this first flush looks like it'll end up producing just under two ounces dry. maybe a little more. they're meaty little fruits, though, so I might get surprised.

hoping the second flush will provide some larger, clone-worthy fruits but I'm not holding my breath. Probably gonna end up starting from spore again if I choose to run this strain again. Between the PESA and A+ I should find better candidates to yield bulk, or will end up changing the substrate recipe completely considering way back when I was producing forearm sized fruits off of straight horse manure. would like to get back to that lol

would quite saying i'm killin it yet, but getting back into the swing of things feels good. appreciate the compliment, either way!

this first flush looks like it'll end up producing just under two ounces dry. maybe a little more. they're meaty little fruits, though, so I might get surprised.

hoping the second flush will provide some larger, clone-worthy fruits but I'm not holding my breath. Probably gonna end up starting from spore again if I choose to run this strain again. Between the PESA and A+ I should find better candidates to yield bulk, or will end up changing the substrate recipe completely considering way back when I was producing forearm sized fruits off of straight horse manure. would like to get back to that lol
i will need yours and @Aqua Man advice when I deicide to do another run. Thinking about it now... i might start sooner to help a friend's vet brother who has bad ptsd at nights and tells me the fungus helps him with the ptsd and allowing him to relax. he is in gov't and gets randoms so can't smoke

i really should grow for him...
to get the info now, what is your recommendation on substrate ratios? i've done the bags(then opened them completely in a tub) before, but want to do a monotub next time, i think that's what it's called lol

i will need yours and @Aqua Man advice when I deicide to do another run. Thinking about it now... i might start sooner to help a friend's vet brother who has bad ptsd at nights and tells me the fungus helps him with the ptsd and allowing him to relax. he is in gov't and gets randoms so can't smoke

i really should grow for him...
to get the info now, what is your recommendation on substrate ratios? i've done the bags(then opened them completely in a tub) before, but want to do a monotub next time, i think that's what it's called lol
There's some notes earlier in this thread for CVG (coco coir, vermiculite, gypsum). With the current tubs I'm doing 1 brick coco coir, 2 quarts vermiculite, and like four heaping tablespoons of gypsum. I did use about 50% wheat straw in the two JMF tubs, and likely won't do that again until I have better isolated genetics that actually move fast.

However, if I could get my hands on some horse manure, I'd probably do equal amounts manure to coco coir, and two quarts vermiculite as manure is really airy by itself so the ratio of vermiculite doesn't need to be so significant. manure also produces significantly larger fruits with better potency imo (no lab testing, purely subjective based on experience).

There's some notes earlier in this thread for CVG (coco coir, vermiculite, gypsum). With the current tubs I'm doing 1 brick coco coir, 2 quarts vermiculite, and like four heaping tablespoons of gypsum. I did use about 50% wheat straw in the two JMF tubs, and likely won't do that again until I have better isolated genetics that actually move fast.

However, if I could get my hands on some horse manure, I'd probably do equal amounts manure to coco coir, and two quarts vermiculite as manure is really airy by itself so the ratio of vermiculite doesn't need to be so significant. manure also produces significantly larger fruits with better potency imo (no lab testing, purely subjective based on experience).
man you make my mind race...

so I now commute through what is called "horse country" between my city and northern Virgina. I don't know anyone in the 3 small towns that this country side entails, besides a barista in a small coffee shop called "giddy up" (horse pun...)

I am friends with a woman who works at a place that incorporates horses to help encourage kids... I wonder if she could get me some poo and how do i broach the subject lol

man you make my mind race...

so I now commute through what is called "horse country" between my city and northern Virgina. I don't know anyone in the 3 small towns that this country side entails, besides a barista in a small coffee shop called "giddy up" (horse pun...)

I am friends with a woman who works at a place that incorporates horses to help encourage kids... I wonder if she could get me some poo and how do i broach the subject lol
damn near any equestrian will happily offload some of their shit onto anyone willing to take it. what you want is composted stuff, the older the better. and preferably, not from stalls, but if it's composted it won't really matter much.

just say you're looking to amend some poor soil in your garden area. they won't question that use case one bit and will likely try to get you on some sort of schedule to pick the shit up lol

i've not had much luck locally because it seems everyone in this small rural town i live in now is beyond flaky, but it hasn't stopped me from continuing to try and find someone that'll load up a truck bed full of it for me lol

Moving on to the next genetics. Going to start doing LC’s instead of grain to grain.

PE PITA but potent

GT easy but lacking potency

Amazon easy but lacking potency

B+ Easy and decent potency (definitely perfect for beginners)

Next up are these 2

Tidal wave apparently pretty grower friendly and fast fruiting with comparable potency of PE (we will see). If that the case its a no brainer to keep.

Holy grail this is apparently an extremely potent enigma strain that should blow PE out of the water. I have a feeling it will be a huge PITA and can take months to fruit. ( this will be a bragging rights strain that should knock the socks off anyone… we will see)

Wish me luck on the LC if you have LC tips/tricks please feel free to drop the info

Back
Top Bottom