I'm fully committed to the UV-B now, starting today- 3 days at 1/2 hour, 4 days at 1 hour and the next week at 2 hours. Let's see how they stand up to that beating. LOL

Last edited:
And then Dr. Bruce Bugbee and others discussing the benefits.....

Last edited:
One thing they discussed is the advantage of using UV-B on alternate days..........

Last thing on the subject.........it appears to me it will help terpenes but not increase resin quantity, as everyone quotes 1 study from 30 years ago. No one has been able to duplicate those results in all that time. See below.....

My thought tonight is I'll continue to use it sparingly daily until harvest, but in very small doses. As Shane said in the last video, this could all be a marketing ploy by light manufacturers.

yup ..just another item like many other things you don’t need.it’s all about money money money these days and near every new grower starting out will go through a stage buying shit they don’t need..I was one of them.should btrying to keep your plants healthy right to the end…not damaging them..

But there are some benefits I.e. helps keep certain bugs and diseases at bay, and makes the plant hardier. It also increases terpenes, which is a big factor. Used minimally, it may be worth the added expense.

ughhh......pretty sure these will need to go to 10 weeks flowering. I found a solid grow diary on the strain elsewhere, similar to mine in looks, and he took them to 10 weeks and thought they might have needed another week. Although they are 65% indica, he said the buzz was full-on sativa and got high marks.This would take me to July 2nd, and then the drying time.

DAMN GOOD EYES there buddy............that is 1 plant that is different than the rest. Every plant has a flat top bud, that is spearlike. It's also behind the others by 7-10 days. i'm not sure if it's even the same strain OR is just an outlier pheno that rarely shows itself. Still though, a very heavy yielder. When i defoliated, i put the tallest plants to the back so it was always taller than most of the rest. It also shows signs of an early spider mite attack but it's too far back in the room to do anything about it and i'm not worrying about it since it's so late in flowering.

i'm now thinking about 1/2 the room will be ready on the 25th at week nine, and the other half on July 2nd at week 10. Pretty sure this will be done in another 9-10 days. Super dense too, weight is definitely on the high end of the spectrum.image.jpg

i'm now thinking about 1/2 the room will be ready on the 25th at week nine, and the other half on July 2nd at week 10. Pretty sure this will be done in another 9-10 days. Super dense too, weight is definitely on the high end of the spectrum.View attachment 8068
Looking good SSHZ

Last thing on the subject.........it appears to me it will help terpenes but not increase resin quantity, as everyone quotes 1 study from 30 years ago. No one has been able to duplicate those results in all that time. See below.....

My thought tonight is I'll continue to use it sparingly daily until harvest, but in very small doses. As Shane said in the last video, this could all be a marketing ploy by light manufacturers.
I'm using a UV light system too. My 3rd grow using it and have passed beyond trials and the baby steps and am now committed to full on no holds barred use of it.
I'm at 5 continuous hours per day, turning on at the 6 hour mark and turning off with one hour left to go in the 12/12 light cycle.
I'm about as hands on as it gets. I have no time for studies and reports to make a decision for me, I just invest and do and figure it out for myself if it's a good choice or not. Or really I should say my plants decide and I follow their lead.

My first experience with it was several years ago using the Powerveg lamps from Eye Hortilux. They're UV enhanced T5HO in veg spectrums.
These lamps will either stress plants or get them grow way better than any other T5HO on the market. The key was they needed to be higher than common T5 to get the better result.

Later on I got into it with flowering like many others have because if anything is rumored to increase trichs I'm usually first in line for it. Potency matters to me above everything else when it comes to growing pot.

First run was baby steps with no enhancements to report but did notice by accident having a spider mite infestation the mites avoided the plants under UV as if they were poisoned. I don't consider UV to be a 100% effective thing to deter and kill mites yet but I saw enough that if I get mites again, they're getting nuked with UV as my first option.

Second run I had zero bugs so could not say if it was because of UV or not. I did not notice an increase in trichs but the plants did produce a lot more oil than usual with some plants even oozing oil.
It also toughened them up giving a hardy look more like an outdoor grown plant than indoor grown.

Third grow which I'm on now using UV and the training wheels are off with longer on times and lower down on the canopy. I have 150 watts of UV raining down on this garden for 5 hours a day and started it at week 5 of bloom. Still no adverse effects but the same tougher looking plants, glossy leaves, increased stink and flowers looking to be full of greasy oil is flashing again but still no increase in trichs.

I haven't seen any damage to make me want to stop using UV but have also come closer and closer to the idea of using it solely for increasing trichs is more bro science than fact. But the interesting effects of increasing hardiness, terps, internal oils, and a bug deterrent is enough to keep them on in my room for now.

Anytime i use this stuff, people always say "you always have the sweetest tasting buds"..........1-2 tablespoons per gallon a couple of waterings the last 2 weeks will do the trick. It also has some calcium, iron, potassium, and magnesium in it in readily available form. But the 16 grams of carbs help feed the plants towards the end. Also, no matter what brand you buy, make sure it's unsulphured!image.jpg

I bought some liquid lead which smells like molasses to use instead of canna boost but it dropped my ph of nutrients too much and had to use heaps of ph up..the following day the ph of nutrients fell again so i didn’t like adding more up..I only used it twice .I use to use molasses outdoors years ago.the light molasses is the sweetest one.boiled once there’s mild and also black strap boiled 3 times which is more bitter..abit of bro science here..my older friends back in the late 80s use to boil the roots of the plant in sugar and told me it makes the plants taste sweeter 😆.I can’t see a plant uptaking boiling water lol.

Good info Max..........I add it, then pH and use it right away. It always dirty's up my probes too, which have to be cleaned often when using it. I've always used the one pictured above, since i've had good results with it. Inside and outside, it will often attract ants to your potting soil too, so be on the look out. My plan is to apply it 3 times, tomorrow being the first.

Those buds look very resinous sshz.I’m surprised how quickly the pistils changed to amber…what’s your nite temps right now..I’ve dropped mine to 21.7 and will steadily drop more .I’m still about 3-4 weeks max out from chop.a couple might b earlier..

what will you run nxt.some sativa leaning hybrids.

Night temps are low 70's, while the humidifier runs to reduce evening humidity..........fans and exhaust running 24/7 til the end now.

There's some variety in the room, most of the pistols have receded except on maybe 5-6 plants out of the 24. 1 plant is farrrrrrr behind, not sure what i'll do with her yet- i really don't want to open another room for 1 plant.

Next up is either Ethos Zsweet Inzanity or this piney one below, which i also own.....I'll decide after i smoke what's growing now.

Glookies Strain by Barneys Farm

If Marvel Studios created an Avengers cannabis strain this would be it! Glookies. Witness the power from this Indica dominant superhero of a strain, created by the careful fusion of two eclectic cannabis superstars. Gorilla Glue and The Original Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies need no introduction. Another incredible new addition to our Cali Collection arrives. A super stoney effect will be experienced along with motivational energies that will transform your day, filling it with drive. The taste of Glookies must be experienced to be believed. Imagine hints of Sour Diesel, Key Lime and Walnuts colliding to create one of the most exotic bouquets created in the cannabis world. Expect extensive side branching and phenomenal yields from Glookies huge 25% THC laden buds. Indoor yields of 800g/m2 are achievable with outdoor weighing in at 2000-3000g per plant in ideal growing conditions.

Is Glookies Indica or Sativa?

The Glookies strain by Barneys Farm is 30% Sativa 70% Indica.

I see at least 7 plants ready to go, and probably more by the weekend.........I've cut the lights back to 11 hours too, just to help those slower girls to hurry along. Things are improving each night when i give it a deep look, couldn't be happier at this point. I have some far in the back that look even nicer than this lady. Most of these center cola's are rock hard, it has to be a 100+ oz room.

IMG_2460.jpeg

I see at least 7 plants ready to go, and probably more by the weekend.........I've cut the lights back to 11 hours too, just to help those slower girls to hurry along. Things are improving each night when i give it a deep look, couldn't be happier at this point. I have some far in the back that look even nicer than this lady. Most of these center cola's are rock hard, it has to be a 100+ oz room.

View attachment 8893

I see at least 7 plants ready to go, and probably more by the weekend.........I've cut the lights back to 11 hours too, just to help those slower girls to hurry along. Things are improving each night when i give it a deep look, couldn't be happier at this point. I have some far in the back that look even nicer than this lady. Most of these center cola's are rock hard, it has to be a 100+ oz room

Looking good sshz looks like you hit it out of the park as Usual. Hey not to change the subject but how did you end up with the Runtz x Layer run I didnt see your weight. You know always looking for what's Next.

Back
Top Bottom