Bean's Stash Closet

I say go for it as long as one of the benefits is that they provide adequate lodging for you and the family. Housing in ski resorts is expensive. They're having issues hiring a lot of the lower end operators as housing is at a premium in those areas.

Sunday River is a big deal in Maine. Not the hugest resort but definitely one I've heard of and would like to ski one day. I think it would be a great feather in your cap as far as your resume. Managing water operations is critical to any modern american ski resort. It sounds like a pretty heavy position.

Steams right about time. If its going to take away too much family time then you really need to think about it because running a ski resort is 24/7 at peak season.
We'd be able to stay in any of their ski resort hotels for nothing. The corp owns Sugarloaf, Sunday River, Loon and I think some affiliation w Shawnee Peak. I also dont go through typical HR onboarding, my dude reports only to the resort manager, hires his own people and they have their own office building. I'd ultimately want to leave them in 5-10 yrs with a centralized, sustainable and secure water infrastructure that will serve their visitors well for at least the next 50. The mountain was developed beyond the water capacity of their localized wells and have been playing whack a mole for decades. It will be a worthy battle not just personally but ski industry is huge for my state and I want it to help it if I am able.

Gonna share a little with you fine folks here. Met with the head engineer at Sunday River ski resort for 2hrs yesterday. He needs a manager for the clean water and waste water utilities for the entire mountain. The resort has been plagued with supply issues for years, we used to deliver millions of gallons up there to supplement. New ownership wants it all fixed once and for all. They have plenty of staff engineers, I'd have 3-4 working for me, but no one with large scale potable water utility operations background, or longstanding relationships with state regulators. Been trying to fill the position for 9 months. They have no SOPs, no HAACP, no safety protocols, weak documentation, so a comprehensive program would need to be developed. Would also be overseeing permitting and implementation of a brand new high capacity well project, as well as other capital improvements. I can do all of it, the package is nice but obviously enormous responsibility. Kind of torn on it tbh. Should I go for it? Been up all night keeping my wife awake and need some other feedback lol.
Ive done some pretty dumb stuff but only regret the things i never tried

Ive done some pretty dumb stuff but only regret the things i never tried
^^To me with a lot of us being like-minded I think this is the answer you were looking for.^^

Good luck with it man~!(y)
Sounds like enrichment to your resume at least, if not a decent job.
The location/scenery and possibility of field work [not always being in a room] is impressive and good for the soul. Beautiful location and views.
Nothing is forever.
I like you want to and think you can improve the show.:cool:
I try to implement the mantra leave more than you take in things that repeat in my life.
We all spend a lot of time at work.
Believing you really make a difference is HUGE.

^^To me with a lot of us being like-minded I think this is the answer you were looking for.^^

Good luck with it man~!(y)
Sounds like enrichment to your resume at least, if not a decent job.
The location/scenery and possibility of field work [not always being in a room] is impressive and good for the soul. Beautiful location and views.
Nothing is forever.
I like you want to and think you can improve the show.:cool:
I try to implement the mantra leave more than you take in things that repeat in my life.
We all spend a lot of time at work.
Believing you really make a difference is HUGE.
Thank you, a lot remains to be seen and accounted for but its definitely an interesting place to find myself in however I got here lol. I tend to seek opinions from differing persepctives before making big changes, so I appreciate this a lot.

Thank you, a lot remains to be seen and accounted for but its definitely an interesting place to find myself in however I got here lol. I tend to seek opinions from differing persepctives before making big changes, so I appreciate this a lot.
If negotiations go well and you accept I think you will find the biggest wall you bang your head on is the system itself.
I don't know about Maine regulations but in NY it is clusterfuck.
NYS is a disaster as far as water management on their mountains and trying to overcome their regs is futile in a short game.

Interesting article about why well is highly undesirable for ski mountains.

These fuckers [ I hold grudges :LOL: ] turned their guns on our roof [its not theirs till I finish] and swore they would never shut them off Mid Station half way up the mountain.
Maybe true to their words, but 10 minutes after my buddy told the manager why they would not get Certificate of Occupancy to put their insurance in force they turned the guns away from us and asked if it was all good~! 6,000 gallons per minute~!

Adding in pics of the roof [before and after] for fun~!
1700942178153.png
1700942200534.png
Note the snow gun just to the right of lift pole.

I do have experience with NY state and they are the toughest for licensing by far. Molasses in Albany. MA really didnt give a shit for years and neither did NH, basic documentation kept them happy as long as you were in compliance in your own state. Maine is fine but have a seperate branch of DHHS that deals specifically with drinking water and water extraction. Issue certifications for water system operators etc. They were reforming the entire regulatory structure around water extraction as I was coming up, so I got to work with them a lot, in a good way.

I'm not 100% sure because I dont know everything they have going on but my work experience doing exactly this sort of thing is real and evidently hard to come by. Good benny package from what was described. Full access to all the parent corp ski resorts and amenities.
HOLD UP! I missed this part.....

Will they honor anyone claiming to be your adopted son if he shows up with skis in hand? :D

Had a facilities tour at the mountain this morning and got to meet the crew. Water systems are not anywhere near as complicated as I envisioned. Team is very capable which will be huge. They really just need the 1 focused water person to pull everything together and manage it. Feel highly confident after seeing everything and meeting everyone.

Had a facilities tour at the mountain this morning and got to meet the crew. Water systems are not anywhere near as complicated as I envisioned. Team is very capable which will be huge. They really just need the 1 focused water person to pull everything together and manage it. Feel highly confident after seeing everything and meeting everyone.
Sounds like its gonna be a good gig man. Wish you the best 👊🏼

I love rolling into new territory and finding my task to be straight forward.
Confidence and competence are two great qualities to have. (y)
You got it man.

Thanks fellas. Should be able to make a final decision Friday. It's a process but I do appreciate the level of vetting etc, especially if their process results in working with quality people like I met today.

Was a lot of work trimming but we got a fuckpile of bubba kush off that tree. Filled six quart mason jars, plus probably that much again in smaller stuff and shake that I'm gonna try making some infused oils or butter with or something. Probably wont go that big in the tent again because it was a bit of a handful , but hard to argue with the yield.

That's real tight man!

i'm anticipating my training for new corporate gig on Feb 5 in Colorado that's going to last 2 weeks. I've never been to CO, and can't wait to go!
After that my wife and I will move to whatever continental location I am assigned to, for 3-5 years, then off to the next. I'm more curious what the expected work attire is more than anything else... can I wear graphic tees at least on Friday? fuck... lol

corporate and government contracted.... now i'm like 'what did i get myself into??????' lol..... but i have to play the best hand i got atm and not flinch if i want a better life for us

That's real tight man!

i'm anticipating my training for new corporate gig on Feb 5 in Colorado that's going to last 2 weeks. I've never been to CO, and can't wait to go!
After that my wife and I will move to whatever continental location I am assigned to, for 3-5 years, then off to the next. I'm more curious what the expected work attire is more than anything else... can I wear graphic tees at least on Friday? fuck... lol

corporate and government contracted.... now i'm like 'what did i get myself into??????' lol..... but i have to play the best hand i got atm and not flinch if i want a better life for us
Just roll with it brotha. Congrats!

Oh man first day was totally awesome and this gig is gonna be KILLER. Hit the ground running, crew is great, boss is stoked he can finally go back to his day job lol. Lot more laid back environment than I imagined, go wherever we want on the mountain, do whatever we need to and operate independently. Carte blanche on how I want to run the program moving forward so head swimming with ideas.
Lots to do, place got hit hard by flooding so a lot of repair activity all over but water systems faired decently well. Big challenges ahead but confidence is high. Well within capabilities of this team. They really just needed the one seasoned water person to light the path and that's me. What a way to kick off the new year. So blessed. Cheers everyone.

Oh man first day was totally awesome and this gig is gonna be KILLER. Hit the ground running, crew is great, boss is stoked he can finally go back to his day job lol. Lot more laid back environment than I imagined, go wherever we want on the mountain, do whatever we need to and operate independently. Carte blanche on how I want to run the program moving forward so head swimming with ideas.
Lots to do, place got hit hard by flooding so a lot of repair activity all over but water systems faired decently well. Big challenges ahead but confidence is high. Well within capabilities of this team. They really just needed the one seasoned water person to light the path and that's me. What a way to kick off the new year. So blessed. Cheers everyone.
Love it my Brother! Congratulations!!!

Now....about that all access thing........ 😂

Hell yes dude! Take it all in.
I'm not surprised about your experience. I've noticed a lot of these resort crews are pretty laid back but they're also highly competent from what I've seen.

beautiful view!!!

is that a huge plumbing snake mounted to the front of that truck? shitters full!!!!! 😆
Yup, 250ft of high psi water snake with an 8" suction. Operator was telling us horror stories about legs accidentally sucked into it and hands being mangled by the water jets. All made for quite the charming little vignette, I thought.

Back
Top Bottom