Bean's Stash Closet

Always loved my All Terrain TAs on my trucks.
Good tire for sure~!
Looks like the snow is melting.
Most of Vermont is shutting down next week.
You got a date yet or just go till you can't like Killington?

Always loved my All Terrain TAs on my trucks.
Good tire for sure~!
Looks like the snow is melting.
Most of Vermont is shutting down next week.
You got a date yet or just go till you can't like Killington?
The 15th is it for the main resort, Jordan is open til the 28th. We have the pond skipping event and then the big tailgate party Monday. Tuesday is our team BBQ and skiing.

Congrats a great first season completed man~!(y)
Thank brother, I appreciate that. It has been a ton of work and we have a long summer ahead to prepare for next season and hopefully be in better shape going into it. Praying for no more 100 year floods this time around. This weekend I have expense and revenue budgeting to get done by Monday. Yay!

Nothing better than putting in the hours to put together a large system with lots of moving parts and watch it run without a hitch. Sometimes it can be kind of a let down because all that adrenaline you had getting it up and hoping nothing blows up falls away once you hear the quiet hum of 50hp motors pumping thousands of gallons of water. I know smaller projects that I've managed I've had that feeling. All that planning that worked out is super satisfying but then I stand there watching it work thinking "Ok...now what?" 😄

Got the summer expense budget done with some healthy allocations for the projects my guys were really wanting to tackle this summer. Can't wait for team meeting Tues to let them know. I also got $100 per month for propane, I plan on doing a lot of grilling haha.

I went tractor shopping over the weekend and really liked the Kioti tractors. You get a hell of a lot of rig for the money. John Deere is nuts with their prices plus they are 45min away. Kubota and Kioti are 10 miles away in Conway. They are similar in price but the Kioti lifts a lot more and is heavier for the size I want. My wife and kiddos leave on vacation to see her family the end of June, think I'll have a "surprise" for her parked in the driveway when she gets back lol.

I went tractor shopping over the weekend and really liked the Kioti tractors. You get a hell of a lot of rig for the money. John Deere is nuts with their prices plus they are 45min away. Kubota and Kioti are 10 miles away in Conway. They are similar in price but the Kioti lifts a lot more and is heavier for the size I want. My wife and kiddos leave on vacation to see her family the end of June, think I'll have a "surprise" for her parked in the driveway when she gets back lol.
I had a kioti and a Mahindra on my farm before I sold it.

Kioti was a solid machine. It did not do well with cooling when mowing tall meadows. The radiator was set up that it got instantly plugged up. Other than that it ran perfect. Never had a rough start in thousands of hours.

Deere tried to make it so we could not work on our own gear. They lost that court battle and forever lost my biz in the process. Besides that green paint must have gold in it for the price.

I had a kioti and a Mahindra on my farm before I sold it.

Kioti was a solid machine. It did not do well with cooling when mowing tall meadows. The radiator was set up that it got instantly plugged up. Other than that it ran perfect. Never had a rough start in thousands of hours.

Deere tried to make it so we could not work on our own gear. They lost that court battle and forever lost my biz in the process. Besides that green paint must have gold in it for the price.
I have a couple pals who have had their Kioti tractors for several years now and love them. They told me buy with confidence as they are solid rigs. It's mostly for moving snow and farting around doing small projects, so it will have a relatively easy life. Can't wait to get one.

Crushed my wastewater operator license exam Tuesday and now qualified to be Operator In Charge (OIC) of our treatment plant at the resort. Nice pay bump along with it. Not as much math in the exam as I'd hoped, really studied hard on the formulas etc but oh well. Plowed through 100 questions in a little under 30min so I definitely knew the material. Now on to drinking water distribution and treatment licensing.

Looking forward to all our hard work this past year paying off with a significantly reduced workload this ski season, and finally some time to get a new grow going. Hope everyone is doing well, I still check in here as often as I can. Cheers!

I have a aux light controller and some led pods I need to install before snow flies. So far this thing has been a little beast! Loaded tires make a big difference when moving material. 1000003465.jpg

Man so psyched to hear all is well.
Go figure water huh? :oops:
Seen the lifts moving the other day on the interwebs~!
Hope you used up that propane over the summer~!
Tractor is a beast~!:cool:

The igloo at the base of the Jordan 8 was a big hit last winter, so we're currently building a new restroom facility over there and getting utilities tied in. All the roads that were damaged in the flood last year are fixed and getting paved this week. New automation for water coming online in a couple weeks. Good stuff..

Last week we trenched up the mountain to get new communication and power wires to one of the water cisterns and a transfer pit. It was our last excavation project of the summer and we finished with a perfect record of not hitting any buried utilities or breaking equipment. Got a great young engineer doing our digsafe and he killed it for us all summer. I love my crew so much. I did feed them well.
1000003524.jpg
1000003525.jpg

Carved a new path into the woods so we now have vehicle access to one of the bigger cisterns.
1000003381.jpg

Stone work from booster pit up to the cistern landing. One of my guys did this, he's a madman.
1000003272.jpg
Just a few of the side projects we've been up to this summer, still have a lot to wrap up, but we're definitely on the downhill side of it. Gonna ski my ass off this winter.

Cheers steamroller, hope you are well buddy.

Back
Top Bottom