Best and Worst ideas and buys you've made for your grow space?

Miracle gro perlite

Small bags of medium - go bulk.

Soil lol
Very vague . can't tell between a positive or a negative
I would not buy miracle grow products every perlite bag from them is contaminated and has been worse each time out of the 6 or so bags for $5 I've bought

Better to buy bulk if you can.
The bag of perl I used for the 200 solos was 30$ and it was like 4feet tall.

Soil was kinda a joke lol, I don't grow in soil.

And id recommend to look into mixing you're own nutrients and don't buy water In a bottle.

Best thing I ever did was elevate whole tents , on platform about 10” off the ground great for rolling around on a stool to work , no need to raise plants off the floor so I can use the whole tent if needed , collect runoff underneath-
I had a similar idea, you got pics?

Xept mine was a platform in the tent that had another shelf/top that could extend/roll out

I wouldn't grow using Miracle Grow products even if I was paid and they promised 40% THC and 10 grams per watt.
Scott's and everything that company stands for is pretty much opposite of everything I'm about when it comes to gardening.
Organic isn't just a way to grow. It's a way of life and some companies like Scotts are on the shit list.

I should also take this moment to give a shout out to 5HP wet/dry shop vacs. Maybe one of the best tools for indoor gardening that was never intended to be used for indoor gardening.

Best thing I ever did was elevate whole tents , on platform about 10” off the ground great for rolling around on a stool to work , no need to raise plants off the floor so I can use the whole tent if needed , collect runoff underneath-
My Guy! I love this idea. Kind of like the pivot tables LGO's and Greenhouses use to maximize floor space and plant count. I know of it I just didn't translate it over to our scenarios.

What kind of platform did you use and what size tent? I would imagine that you had to put a solid sub floor under the tent so that the cloth bottom wasn't sagging anywhere and you have a solid floor to support whatever you put on it?

I'm thinking 4' x 8'/1/2" OMB cut to size with casters at each corner and one in the middle to keep the floor from sagging. Frame it with a lip of furring strips to keep the tent from sliding off the platform when I'm wheeling it around along with making the platform more rigid so that it doesn't sag or bow......

I wouldn't grow using Miracle Grow products even if I was paid and they promised 40% THC and 10 grams per watt.
Scott's and everything that company stands for is pretty much opposite of everything I'm about when it comes to gardening.
Organic isn't just a way to grow. It's a way of life and some companies like Scotts are on the shit list.

I should also take this moment to give a shout out to 5HP wet/dry shop vacs. Maybe one of the best tools for indoor gardening that was never intended to be used for indoor gardening.
Love my bucket heads......

My Guy! I love this idea. Kind of like the pivot tables LGO's and Greenhouses use to maximize floor space and plant count. I know of it I just didn't translate it over to our scenarios.

What kind of platform did you use and what size tent? I would imagine that you had to put a solid sub floor under the tent so that the cloth bottom wasn't sagging anywhere and you have a solid floor to support whatever you put on it?

I'm thinking 4' x 8'/1/2" OMB cut to size with casters at each corner and one in the middle to keep the floor from sagging. Frame it with a lip of furring strips to keep the tent from sliding off the platform when I'm wheeling it around along with making the platform more rigid so that it doesn't sag or bow......
Almost exactly what I did only I own a small fence construction company do all old scrap white vinyl fence was used it’s in a 4x4 and 5x5 I do still have a couple 2x4s still on insulation board on the floor

Worst idea I've had was running a two site dutch bucket system in my 4x4 tent with a scrog. The way my tent was configured at the time effectively gave me one access point, so plant maintenance was a nightmare. Then, the roots started to clog the drains of the dutch buckets, so the tent would flood almost consistently starting about mid flower.

Best idea was ripping off @Dirtbag's style of growing and moving to rockwool unislabs. I built out a hardline irrigation system able to feed six sites, moved the tent for easier accessibility, and was able to maintain all the things much easier.

Worst purchase: vivosun pumps. Never again.

Love the tent on base and wheels.
Scaled down one could use a Lazy Susan in their tent for each plant.
I just put old golf balls in a saucer. Then spin the pot as needed. Just can’t do it under SCROG. 🤣
FD718EEF-53EF-47A3-ABEA-97EC94958F44.jpeg

I’d seen it done once or twice when I was younger but the balls where all covered in goop so I didn’t know why they were there.

Then I saw GNick had them in one of his and it all clicked.

Only problem now is golf balls aren’t cheap. And driving ranges have all been sold off the last 3 years. Condos and townhomes. I guess the hollow trainer balls would work too.

Back
Top Bottom