Dragons Flame Genetics - Triangle Skunk Shine Tester Grow

I see "forum cut" used a lot. What is that, exactly?

forum GSC - Low yielding, prefers shade - if something is going to mold or mildew first, its gonna be her. But - she is, atleast in my humble opinion, a pillar of cannabis genetics at this point. nearly every "name" has used her over the years -and her smoke is well worth the fuss. Pretty easy to improve her using strong males to imo.

forum GSC .jpgforum GSC -1.jpgforum GSC -2.jpgforum oct 3 (1 of 1).jpgforum oct 3 (1 of 1)-2.jpgforum oct 3 (1 of 1)-3.jpgforum oct 3 (1 of 1)-4.jpgforum oct 3 (1 of 1)-5.jpg

Hey Jeff! Wasn't Thin Mints an offshoot of GSC? For some reason when you mentioned GSC I remembered that.

yep. Thin mint, depending on whose stoner outlaw history you want to believe, is either a sister, daughter, or mother of Forum. What story you choose to believe...

The story that makes the most sense to me based on having grown many of the family tree -

OGKB is the starting point and is an early medical era purple strain x some type of OG. you can find OGKB type plants in Urkle / GDP / Grape Ape / Purple Guerilla/ mendo purps x Tk / sfv 92 og, Obviously a bit different depending on which clone onlys, but based on timing of appearance / continuing to work with them that seems to make the most logic to me anyway.

Thin mint and forum seem to me anyway as daughters of the OGKB, and both plants from what I've seen and heard, will make versions of each other in any fem crosses or S1s.

Its my personal belief as well, the cherry pie kush clone only that floated around in the medical era was likely a sister to the OKGB as well, and was also a purple type x OG type plant. Im using the word type loosely here, as in they share many similar traits and looks, not necessarily exact carbon copies. Its important to remember many of these plants were heavily circulated, and continue to be - so many "versions / Types " of these pairings are going around at this point.\

Ok...clearly the haole moonshine has me rambling on now...

Man, that Cherry Pie has been bread into practically everything. I remember when I was at Jungle Boys and they first came out with Wedding Cake. That had a cherry pie cross to it too.

Man, that Cherry Pie has been bread into practically everything. I remember when I was at Jungle Boys and they first came out with Wedding Cake. That had a cherry pie cross to it too.
I'm hoping to do a cherry pie x power plant cross eventually. I loved me some cherry pie when I could find it back in 2010-12 or so.

yea i am a big fan of the cherry pie, and been working with her a while now.. her and her crossed tend to Bit herm prone, but easily top 10 smokes for me. Recently found a keeper from the cherry pie x mod mac moonshine that I made that is checking all my boxes lately.

forum GSC - Low yielding, prefers shade - if something is going to mold or mildew first, its gonna be her. But - she is, atleast in my humble opinion, a pillar of cannabis genetics at this point. nearly every "name" has used her over the years -and her smoke is well worth the fuss. Pretty easy to improve her using strong males to imo.

View attachment 22416View attachment 22417View attachment 22418View attachment 22419View attachment 22420View attachment 22421View attachment 22422View attachment 22423
Real nice Jeff! Is that the cut you used in Tahoe Dragon Cookies? By the way, TDC was the top choice from my last harvest in terms of high, which also included Grape Gas and Sunset Freeze. Well done!

Quick update as we work through week 4 of flower. The BMS X Triangle Skunk is showing some minor tip burn, but everything is tolerating 1/4 strength nutes just fine. Have been adding Canna Boost the last several weeks. The terps are starting to get interesting on all strains, but nothing material to post just yet. All strains are starting to frost up nicely. Will update again next week.

The Jealousy is the yellow one in the front I almost killed early on.
IMG_2382.jpeg
Pluto
IMG_2383.jpeg
IMG_2387.jpeg
BMS x Triangle Skunk
IMG_2384.jpegIMG_2388.jpeg
Jealously
IMG_2385.jpeg
GSC
IMG_2386.jpeg

Looking good Nesta.how long you run the boost.I only run it for 2 weeks ,sometimes 3 between 6,7,8week of flower With an 11 week strain.if shorter flower I’ll start week 5 etc.using 28ml to about 32litres,giving them some is better than nothing..this shits expensive so that’s why I’ve reduced it.

Last edited:
Thanks Max and good question. This is my first run using boost. I’ve been following the feeding guidelines they have on their website, which calls for using boost from week 2 on. So at this point, ive been using it for 2 weeks. Since i run bluemats, everything is at quarter strengths however. Do you think there’s a point of diminishing return?

I’ve ran it right through and didn’t see any difference from to what I do now so I’m saving a lot of money..Ive even stopped the pk 13/14 which I ran straight after the boost for one week.I think most additives aren’t neccessary.you can pretty much use your canna base nutes just on there own..i don’t run cannazym or rhizotonic. either lol and my plants grow fine 😃

I’ve ran it right through and didn’t see any difference from to what I do now so I’m saving a lot of money..Ive even stopped the pk 13/14 which I ran straight after the boost for one week.I think most additives aren’t neccessary.you can pretty much use your canna base nutes just on there own..i don’t run cannazym or rhizotonic. either lol and my plants grow fine 😃
Indeed yours look great Max! I have been running Cannazyme the whole grow, and usually run PK 13/14 for one week. I cut Rhizotonic out after my last run. If I dont need the others, I will look at cutting them out when I run out of them. No need to waste $$$. Thanks Buddy!

Day 40: Big news this week as @dragonsflamegenetics named the BMS x Triangle Skunk strain Triangle Skunk Shine. I cant change the thread title, but perhaps a mod can since this is a tester grow of the strain?

In other growing news, I started backing down the nutes this week per the CannaCoco feeding schedule. Probably a good thing since the Triangle Skunk Shine is a bit more sensitive than the Pluto or GSC. I also stopped the PK13/14 this week. Otherwise, the flowers are beefing up and all have significant frost.

I wish I would’ve moved the Jealousy to the back of the tent for pic purposes 😂.
IMG_2473.jpeg
Triangle Skunk Shine: Pretty consistent genetics here. All have similar growth structure and loud tangerine funk terps.
IMG_2474.jpeg
IMG_2478.jpeg
IMG_2482.jpeg
IMG_2483.jpeg
IMG_2485.jpeg

Pluto: This strain reminds me of the early 2000’s OG Kush I paid waaayyyyyy to much for a cut of. Super loud lemon/pine/kush terps. The frost on this strain is on par with the Sunset Freeze I ran last harvest and shes starting to turn purple.
IMG_2475.jpeg
IMG_2479.jpeg
IMG_2480.jpeg
GSC - Forum Cut: Shes performing as advertised. Smaller dense frosty nugs with more subtle spicy skunky terps.
IMG_2476.jpeg
IMG_2481.jpeg

Love this stage of a grow. Will update again next week.

Are you wanting to leave "tester" in the title? Or just make it dfg - Triangle Skunk Shine grow?

Back
Top Bottom