Dragons Flame Genetics - Triangle Skunk Shine Tester Grow

100% Coco. Last run I ran some with 100% coco and some with a 70/30 coco/perlite mix. I found the 100% coco ran the best, especially with the Blumats.
Thought so. The media looked like pure coco. Have you had any pH issues running pure coco? In my pure coco media runs I noticed that the media liked to drop pH when I'd check runoff. That and it likes A LOT of Mag.

Are you running dry amendments and doing straight water feedings with the blu mats?

Thought so. The media looked like pure coco. Have you had any pH issues running pure coco? In my pure coco media runs I noticed that the media liked to drop pH when I'd check runoff. That and it likes A LOT of Mag.

Are you running dry amendments and doing straight water feedings with the blu mats?
I’m running Cannacoco nutrients with no dry amendments. I run them in blumats with a few other supplements, but I’ve had no pH issues. With bluemats you don’t water till runoff. I run 1/4 strength nutrients, and the coco stays wet 100% of the time, so no runoff. I only have one Coco run under my belt, but no issues really to report.

Are the nutrients organics free? Most of the people that I know that run blu mats with nutrient solutions run into clogs. Blu-mats are the ones that are like drip irrigation right?

Thats correct, these are salt based nutes.
I run the following regimen through the Blumats:

CannaCoco A + B
Cannazyme
Rhizotonic
CalMag
Mr. Fulvic
Orca
Drip Clean

There is a lot of noise out there that Blumats dont work with coco. I only have one grow under my belt with them in Coco, but so far im really happy with the results. I have several organic soil grows under my belt with them, running straight water. In between my grows I ran an H202 solution through them a few times to clean everything out, and then set them back up for this run. ICMag has a really good thread with a lot of case studies on what works and what doesn’t with Blumats. Most issues are caused by the user’s with improper setup. Def wouldn’t run organics through them.

Last edited:

CannaCoco A + B
Cannazyme
Rhizotonic
CalMag
Mr. Fulvic
Orca
Drip Clean

There is a lot of noise out there that Blumats dont work with coco. I only have one grow under my belt with them in Coco, but so far im really happy with the results. I have several organic soil grows under my belt with them, running straight water. In between my grows I ran an H202 solution through them a few times to clean everything out, and then set them back up for this run. ICMag has a really good thread with a lot of case studies on what works and what doesn’t with Blumats. Most issues are caused by the user’s with improper setup. Def wouldn’t run organics through them.
I ran a recipe like yours for a friend that I was tending garden for. I liked Canna. They performed similar to Dutch Masters or House and Garden nutrients. IIRC, the reason I didn't use them was they were pricey nutes.

He was running in a coco heavy peat perlite mix. It was a special blend he had developed and had a local nursery make up for him. I was hand feeding so no drip clean.

One of the issues some of my friends have had with BM's are something to do with them overwatering. Not sure if some sediment got into the system and jammed the valve open or something of that nature. I just remember them telling me they really loved the system when they had to travel on business or vacation. All of them ran dry amendments.

Even without the organics running through the system do you have to run a cleaning process after harvest through the system or does the drip clean keep it clean enough to be ready for the next run?

I ran a recipe like yours for a friend that I was tending garden for. I liked Canna. They performed similar to Dutch Masters or House and Garden nutrients. IIRC, the reason I didn't use them was they were pricey nutes.

He was running in a coco heavy peat perlite mix. It was a special blend he had developed and had a local nursery make up for him. I was hand feeding so no drip clean.

One of the issues some of my friends have had with BM's are something to do with them overwatering. Not sure if some sediment got into the system and jammed the valve open or something of that nature. I just remember them telling me they really loved the system when they had to travel on business or vacation. All of them ran dry amendments.

Even without the organics running through the system do you have to run a cleaning process after harvest through the system or does the drip clean keep it clean enough to be ready for the next run?
If they were running straight water and dry amendments in their medium, there shouldn’t be anything to clog the blumats. Who knows though. Jeremy from BuildaSoil recently ran an episode where he explains how to set them up. That is fairly close to what I do. If running straight water or even fairly clean salt nutes the majority of “run away” drippers comes from air in the line. That could come from improper installation or letting the reservoir run out of water. I have had the res run out and it’s important to bleed the main line and reset all the drippers if that happens. I’m certainly no expert, but have run them for the past year perpetually, and love them. No pumps, just gravity.

As to your last question, if you are running straight water over organic amendments, there’s likely no need to clean between grows. I do it to clean the salts out of the lines and drippers. It may not be necessary since I run drip clean, but I would rather be safe than sorry.

CannaCoco A + B
Cannazyme
Rhizotonic
CalMag
Mr. Fulvic
Orca
Drip Clean

Im gonna try out Mr Fulvic cuz I give em Diamond Nectar and evidently it doesnt do much.

Im gonna try out Mr Fulvic cuz I give em Diamond Nectar and evidently it doesnt do much.
Never used Diamond Nectar, so cant speak to it. I have been happy with Mr. Fulvic.
Dang they look GREAT man. What is your defoliation plan cuz....yeah its thick in there lol. I've learned my lesson and will be defoliating lots this next run.
Thanks Zombie! I will trim everything but the main tops off. Will likely drop a trellis on these for support. I am vegging for another week so I can get good cuttings from each plant.

Its been about two weeks since my last update. Some of you may have stopped by my “oh shit thread” where the kind folks here at BB helped me quickly identify P lockout due to too much Calmag. A special thanks to @Anthem275 for quick diagnosis and a plan for correction and we are back on track. I flushed the most affected plants with straight 5.8 ph water and did a reservoir change with no Calmag or Fulvic. Most of the plants corrected on their own. The most severe took a few days to respond, but all 16 are back to praying with nice green new growth. Some don't look the best today, but much better than they did a few days ago. Will keep an eye on them and gradually add back in Calmag and Fulvic. These are getting pretty tall, so im hoping to flip to 12/12 soon! Oh, everything has been defoliated and lollipopped in anticipation of the flip.
IMG_2218.jpeg
IMG_2219.jpeg
BMS x Triangle Skunk
IMG_2220.jpeg
Pluto
IMG_2221.jpeg

Its been about two weeks since my last update. Some of you may have stopped by my “oh shit thread” where the kind folks here at BB helped me quickly identify P lockout due to too much Calmag. A special thanks to @Anthem275 for quick diagnosis and a plan for correction and we are back on track. I flushed the most affected plants with straight 5.8 ph water and did a reservoir change with no Calmag or Fulvic. Most of the plants corrected on their own. The most severe took a few days to respond, but all 16 are back to praying with nice green new growth. Some don't look the best today, but much better than they did a few days ago. Will keep an eye on them and gradually add back in Calmag and Fulvic. These are getting pretty tall, so im hoping to flip to 12/12 soon! Oh, everything has been defoliated and lollipopped in anticipation of the flip.
View attachment 19530
View attachment 19531
BMS x Triangle Skunk
View attachment 19532
Pluto
View attachment 19533
Killin it bro! Really looking forward to this one

How much space do you have from your light to your canopy? Light to your roof?

Looking nice and healthy now! Nice call on the deficiency.

How much space do you have from your light to your canopy? Light to your roof?

Looking nice and healthy now! Nice call on the deficiency.
So I have the light slammed to the roof and I adjust PPDF as needed. These plants can more than double and be fine, but much more veg and I would have an issue. Im running mid-high 500 PPFD across the canopy, and that will gradually increase as thet stretch. I will likely drop a trellis this grow for support too.

Almost one week into flower and things continue to look pretty good. Some of the plants that had the Cal lockout are still pretty light green but looking healthier by the day.The stretch is on!
IMG_2279.jpeg
IMG_2280.jpeg
IMG_2281.jpeg
IMG_2282.jpeg
IMG_2284.jpeg
IMG_2283.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2284.jpeg
    IMG_2284.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2279.jpeg
    IMG_2279.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2280.jpeg
    IMG_2280.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2281.jpeg
    IMG_2281.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2282.jpeg
    IMG_2282.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2283.jpeg
    IMG_2283.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
We started with 16 and are down to 9. Of the 11 BMS x Triangle Skunk seeds, 7 were male. The good news is I have cuttings of each, but for this grow they got axed. So the remaining lineup is:
4 BMS x Triangle Skunk
3 Pluto
1 Jealousy
1 GSC Forum Cut

The BMS x Triangle Skunk had a crazy stretch. I hope they stop cuz I'm running out of headroom. The other three strains all stretched at roughly the same rate. Second defoliation coming at day 21. Today is day 11 of flower and things should really start getting exciting over the next few weeks.

IMG_2312.jpeg
BMS x Triangle Skunk Male #4
IMG_2313.jpeg
BMS x Triangle Skunk #3
IMG_2315.jpeg
Pluto #1
IMG_2314.jpeg

We started with 16 and are down to 9. Of the 11 BMS x Triangle Skunk seeds, 7 were male. The good news is I have cuttings of each, but for this grow they got axed. So the remaining lineup is:
4 BMS x Triangle Skunk
3 Pluto
1 Jealousy
1 GSC Forum Cut

The BMS x Triangle Skunk had a crazy stretch. I hope they stop cuz I'm running out of headroom. The other three strains all stretched at roughly the same rate. Second defoliation coming at day 21. Today is day 11 of flower and things should really start getting exciting over the next few weeks.

View attachment 21017
BMS x Triangle Skunk Male #4
View attachment 21019
BMS x Triangle Skunk #3
View attachment 21020
Pluto #1
View attachment 21018What ever reason
Cked in Here for the rest of the show , I love me some dragon flames gear the bms is one of my favorites , for what ever reason (karma)idk I get about 50% males almost every pack I pop, totally worth it though he really puts some love in his work .

Back
Top Bottom