Grump's Greezy Grow 🌱

Alright folks.. this may be the end of this grow diary. One of the keeper 4 got kneecapped last night. Not sure if it was the controllers doing? It did reach above 90% rh while it was on the fritz.

So I've got 1 good looking seedling and 2 iffy looking dudes. 4 site system. Instead of trying to play catch up with some new beans, I'm thinking about starting over. It'll have to be a different strain, though. I've only got one more Greezy bean.

I just don't want my first go with a 4 site run to start with a handicap.

The losers...
20240623_144606.jpg20240623_144609.jpg20240623_144621.jpg

Does everyone here agree? Pop some new beans and start over? Or salvage the 3 I have and start the last Greezy bean with my fingers crossed?

Alright folks.. this may be the end of this grow diary. One of the keeper 4 got kneecapped last night. Not sure if it was the controllers doing? It did reach above 90% rh while it was on the fritz.

So I've got 1 good looking seedling and 2 iffy looking dudes. 4 site system. Instead of trying to play catch up with some new beans, I'm thinking about starting over. It'll have to be a different strain, though. I've only got one more Greezy bean.

I just don't want my first go with a 4 site run to start with a handicap.

The losers...
View attachment 62842View attachment 62843View attachment 62844

Does everyone here agree? Pop some new beans and start over? Or salvage the 3 I have and start the last Greezy bean with my fingers crossed?
I vote start fresh.
But I'm a firm believer in pulling seedlings that are not up to par cause it takes to long for them to catch up to the vigorous ones.
How wet are those pucks you have them in? Possible damping off?

Some people direct sow their seeds for the reason that they believe it gets rid of the weaker beans right off the rip.

I vote start fresh.
But I'm a firm believer in pulling seedlings that are not up to par cause it takes to long for them to catch up to the vigorous ones.
How wet are those pucks you have them in? Possible damping off?

Some people direct sow their seeds for the reason that they believe it gets rid of the weaker beans right off the rip.
There's an inch of water at the bottom of that tray, same as did with the Dip-n-stix. Only difference is the 4" netpot. That puts the plug closer to the bottom and potentially puts it in direct contact with that inch of water. I'm not a huge fan of the 4" netpots but I'm bound to make 'em work.

I agree on starting over. I'm not bummed about it. I'd rather have to choose 4 out of 6 than to just deal with the ones that make it.

Last edited:
So far it's looking like a 100% germination. 6 for 6. Only 3 fully emerged but I think I started others too deep. A couple were getting awfully lanky so they all got transplanted to grow plugs and netpots.

I removed them from the germinator and placed them into the gro-plugs with @SweetLeafGrow's method. Slice the plug to the middle and set the seedling in. Filling around it with hydroton and lightly packing it down keeps it in place. I altered his method a bit by turning the end of the taproot horizontal. I'm hoping that will allow it to hit resistance sooner and start spitting out side shoots.

No pics of the process. For some reason I get SUPER paranoid once the roots are exposed. I go into work mode or something.

They're comfortably sitting under the lights of the dome in an inch or so of RO water with a dash of GH Rapid Rooter. The heating pad underneath keeps them a cozy 81 degrees. I have a fan blowing on the setup with the vents wide open.

Anyway, here's a group shot...
View attachment 62263

And here's this week's star player...
View attachment 62264

Stay tuned for more HOT action!!
Can't believe those came up, I haven't made those bio diesel seeds in over 3 years. I tossed that clone out 3 years ago.

Can't believe those came up, I haven't made those bio diesel seeds in over 3 years. I tossed that clone out 3 years ago.
Well that's fucked up lol. Gu has them on his site listed as "born on April 2024"
Oh the shenanigans lol.Screenshot_20240718_062719_Chrome.jpg

I bet they'll still grow good pot. @Zen_seeker has 2 or 3 seeds of it to I believe.
Ive got some beans here for 2011 and up, they all pop with some help lol.
I gave two to @Pipecarver and two to @stonemason

I know PC grew his without issue but I haven’t tried any GPS since my Topanga Cookies failed.

My current grow is all supported by a friends seed donation. Other than the Purple Diesel being…different…nothing out of the ordinary.

I gave two to @Pipecarver and two to @stonemason

I know PC grew his without issue but I haven’t tried any GPS since my Topanga Cookies failed.

My current grow is all supported by a friends seed donation. Other than the Purple Diesel being…different…nothing out of the ordinary.
Ya the Greesy and Frozen Custard grew well 1 Topanga Cookies hermied and spewed goo onto my others in the room. Smoking a Frozen Custard now and its a a sweet desert smoke to start my day with.

Frozen Custard is sneaky good.;)

3 years is nothing on seeds.:rolleyes:
Got some hitting the decade mark and still pop like they're fresh.
To make them last and stay fresh, use an airtight container, I prefer C-Vault, use 32% Boveda packs and oxygen absorbing packs inside with the seeds, and store the vault in the bottom of your fridge. They'll keep well for years. It's pretty much the DIY version of this place

Man I just looked at some prices here and those are reasonably dear..which ones yours Bandit. My seeds would easily fill 2 litres. I don’t think we have 32% bovedas here..Amazon could b the go.. https://www.hydroexperts.com.au/bra...exdWXgU0vA_uzWQNlym4dUV35LJLMnJIaAqWcEALw_wcB

going to get the 4ltr when they become available…all sold out..hmm I wonder why…plenty of pot heads down here lol 🥴

Last edited:
Frozen Custard is sneaky good.;)

3 years is nothing on seeds.:rolleyes:
Got some hitting the decade mark and still pop like they're fresh.
To make them last and stay fresh, use an airtight container, I prefer C-Vault, use 32% Boveda packs and oxygen absorbing packs inside with the seeds, and store the vault in the bottom of your fridge. They'll keep well for years. It's pretty much the DIY version of this place
3 years can be alot if they are stored in a warehouse and not properly taken care of. Agriculture seeds are considered old after a year , I've gotten discounts on old seeds from the local CoOp same as burpees when buying vegetable seeds. The embryo can become to dry and the seeds won't germinate or they'll harden off as soon as they come up. Alot of those old seeds you can buy from old seed banks are the same. Half the seeds sprout.

Back
Top Bottom