A sneek peek deep into N2's garden thread

Good shit bro…. How is the color looking?

Is new growth coning in nice and green?

Any signs of tox?
Green!
Yes!
Nope. (y)

I'll get pictures up tomorrow. She has definitely put on weight.

...and since I'll be doing a 3'ish day water change thing, I'm thinking Fri morning and again on Mon night? That's 3.5 days, twice a week.

Green!
Yes!
Nope. (y)

I'll get pictures up tomorrow. She has definitely put on weight.

...and since I'll be doing a 3'ish day water change thing, I'm thinking Fri morning and again on Mon night? That's 3.5 days, twice a week.
Sounds like 4 may be ok at this rate

If its a nutrient imbalance is it possible to get that balance back by just adding individual amounts of either np or k?

Thinking of using aquarium test strips to determine what's needed.
Yup if you know whats in the water but that can take quite a few measuring tools

Yup if you know whats in the water but that can take quite a few measuring tools
Do you think one could make a educated guess of the imbalance based on these test strips and just add whats needed (NPK wise to extend the water change out period?
I know Moe adds a splash of pink and a beaker of brown to keep going but ive bean unable to do that and always end up doing at least a partial water change to keep things balanced

Do you think one could make a educated guess of the imbalance based on these test strips and just add whats needed (NPK wise to extend the water change out period?
I know Moe adds a splash of pink and a beaker of brown to keep going but ive bean unable to do that and always end up doing at least a partial water change to keep things balanced
Well its better than nothing. I used to use a master kit but for some things it doesn’t read high enough. It’s absolutely doable and some commercial grows do exactly that

Usually a safe bet is to change the water once you have added back the volume of water in a system. Or 50% changes at once you add back 50%

It's picture time. :D The pH rose overnight from 5.8 to 6.0 at 8:AM. I just checked again and pH was down to 5.9. ppm were up to 820 and the water level was down almost 1/2 gallon. I'll top her up again tonight and change out the soup tomorrow morning.

Do I need to change the soup receipe,? ... or continue with the same reciepe for the fresh water change???

Side by side:
IMG_20230518_151241.jpg
IMG_20230518_151501.jpg

This is the primary top cola of Water Weed. THe top 1" had appeared over the past 3 days of growth. FANTASTIC!!!!
IMG_20230518_151413.jpg
IMG_20230518_153635.jpg

I think we may be on to something here, :love::love::love::love::love:

And not to be over looked, Mother Earth is LOVIN the extra dose of P. The leaf spots have stopped growing and the leaf around them is greening up more and more daily. It has also has a growth spurt, no doubt from the feed. She's but an additional 1/2" on top of her main buds. SWEET, seeing new crystal covered bracts and their fresh white hairs stickin up. :geek: (y)

She is still at least 10 days ahead in ripeness, IMO, of Water. I'm still puzzled as to if that is from genetics or because Water went through the week of HELL at the beginning of 12/12???

She has so many more red hairs than Water. Go figure???????

Side by sides, same as above.... oh well.
IMG_20230518_151241.jpg IMG_20230518_151501.jpg

And one of her main colas....
IMG_20230518_151342.jpg

It's picture time. :D The pH rose overnight from 5.8 to 6.0 at 8:AM. I just checked again and pH was down to 5.9. ppm were up to 820 and the water level was down almost 1/2 gallon. I'll top her up again tonight and change out the soup tomorrow morning.

Do I need to change the soup receipe,? ... or continue with the same reciepe for the fresh water change???

Side by side:
View attachment 3147
View attachment 3148

This is the primary top cola of Water Weed. THe top 1" had appeared over the past 3 days of growth. FANTASTIC!!!!
View attachment 3149
View attachment 3151

I think we may be on to something here, :love::love::love::love::love:
Good stuff brother… You can up the nutrients to 600ppm on top of the buffer and acid

wasn't it Scarecrow in the Wizzard of Oz that sang "If I only had a brain".

Got up early and started mixing up the new nute soup. All went perfect until the end. I mixed my 5 gal of 150ppm Potassium Silicate (10 gr) and pHed it to 7.0 (160/500ppm total) Made up the Jacks 321 in another bucket, 2 gallons extra strong (4x). Mixed the 2 to a total ppm of 760 in the res, pH was at 6.1. All is good!!! (y)
Then lugnut here added a full dose, 20ml, of GH Cal-Mag instead of the 10ml 1/2 dose I was suppose to add when adding the C/M, Orca and Hydroguard. CRAP!(n):eek:

I'm furriously collecting another 6 gal of RO! That will take a few more hours. Do I need to re-do the nute soup??? with the 1/2 dose of Cal/Mag???

wasn't it Scarecrow in the Wizzard of Oz that sang "If I only had a brain".

Got up early and started mixing up the new nute soup. All went perfect until the end. I mixed my 5 gal of 150ppm Potassium Silicate (10 gr) and pHed it to 7.0 (160/500ppm total) Made up the Jacks 321 in another bucket, 2 gallons extra strong (4x). Mixed the 2 to a total ppm of 760 in the res, pH was at 6.1. All is good!!! (y)
Then lugnut here added a full dose, 20ml, of GH Cal-Mag instead of the 10ml 1/2 dose I was suppose to add when adding the C/M, Orca and Hydroguard. CRAP!(n):eek:

I'm furriously collecting another 6 gal of RO! That will take a few more hours. Do I need to re-do the nute soup??? with the 1/2 dose of Cal/Mag???
Should be fine… I wouldn’t bother remaking it

Talk about lug nut, the other day I needed to adjust pH up and went and added PH DOWN. Fortunately I was going small amounts so it wasn't a big deal but damn, can I get a smackdown?

Talk about lug nut, the other day I needed to adjust pH up and went and added PH DOWN. Fortunately I was going small amounts so it wasn't a big deal but damn, can I get a smackdown?
Once you settle into a routine it will just be mix and forget… just takes time to get things dialed in then its easy street

I can't believe how much easier this has gotten with the past 2 water changes. After the water change on Friday, she hasn't needed anything but more.
By 10 this morning, she was needing another top-up. Nothing had changed, except the water level. TDS still at 1000/500, pH hanging between 5.8-5.9, but the water level down another 1/2 gal. SWEET!

Should I expect to make the same 600ppm 321 soup for tomorrow nights water change?

Here are the pictures from today. I see purpling. :geek:
IMG_20230521_142850.jpg
IMG_20230521_142919.jpg
IMG_20230521_143034.jpg

I can't believe how much easier this has gotten with the past 2 water changes. After the water change on Friday, she hasn't needed anything but more.
By 10 this morning, she was needing another top-up. Nothing had changed, except the water level. TDS still at 1000/500, pH hanging between 5.8-5.9, but the water level down another 1/2 gal. SWEET!

Should I expect to make the same 600ppm 321 soup for tomorrow nights water change?

Here are the pictures from today. I see purpling. :geek:
View attachment 3541
View attachment 3542
View attachment 3543
Yup you bang on feeding right now and that doesn’t hapoen often. Now you can try to oush 4 days and see but if your good at 3 then that fine too. They are drinking more? I would assume they are if things are more dialed in

We can try pushing the water changes back a little more now if you like. The max i would go is once you add back the volume of water you have in the system then change but I wouldn’t blame you at this point if you want to stay the course

EXACTLY!!! I'm tickled pink about how things are going right now, so if it ain't broke I'm staying the course. (only this time I'll only add Cal-Mag at 1/2 rate, :p 😉 (y))
Yeah dont want to much Ca especially at the end of the grow when potassium is in high demand. If you see the tips burn and slight uptick and the serrations start to follow on newer growth then cut back to 1/4.

Hey Aqua, I bought some Rooted Leaf Cal/mag Fuel 6%Ca & 1% Mg, so Agritech who makes the product states: It is to be used in both stages and as a foliar spray, also readily available formula, meaning instant uptake of nutrients due to said formula. Are you familiar with Agritech and or Rooted Leaf ? SSgrower PS I top water by hand and am trying to use "Organic" imputs only, no salts.

Hey Aqua, I bought some Rooted Leaf Cal/mag Fuel 6%Ca & 1% Mg, so Agritech who makes the product states: It is to be used in both stages and as a foliar spray, also readily available formula, meaning instant uptake of nutrients due to said formula. Are you familiar with Agritech and or Rooted Leaf ? SSgrower PS I top water by hand and am trying to use "Organic" imputs only, no salts.
Dont do it… you dont need to foliar it your already giving cal mag.

As for instant up formula its no different than your other cal mag in that sense… they are in ionic form (aka synthetic nutrients or organically derived)

There are millions of bottles of unicorn piss just waiting for the marketing to catch your eye and empty your wallet. There is nothing magical that comes from any bottle brother…. Its just NPK and micros. You only need 1 bottle in some cases.

Did another complete water change last night. I'm still freakin over zero change on pH. Both of the past 2 water changes have been basically set it and forget it. WHAT!!! This could almost get fun?

Cleaned and recalibrated my probes and pens yesterday as well. 😉

I just had to snap pictures when I saw these buds, deep inside each plant.
From Mother Earth. Weird diff in color. 1st pic is in macro mode, 2nd is in reg photo mode. Same buds!
IMG_20230523_165941.jpg
IMG_20230523_170009.jpg

..and from Water Weed, same buds with diff camera angles.
IMG_20230523_170051.jpg
IMG_20230523_170103.jpg

YUM!!!! :geek: :love:👨‍🌾

Did another complete water change last night. I'm still freakin over zero change on pH. Both of the past 2 water changes have been basically set it and forget it. WHAT!!! This could almost get fun?

Cleaned and recalibrated my probes and pens yesterday as well. 😉

I just had to snap pictures when I saw these buds, deep inside each plant.
From Mother Earth. Weird diff in color. 1st pic is in macro mode, 2nd is in reg photo mode. Same buds!
View attachment 3955
View attachment 3956

..and from Water Weed, same buds with diff camera angles.
View attachment 3958
View attachment 3960

YUM!!!! :geek: :love:👨‍🌾
See now ya got it… just stick with it and your golden brother… they lookin good

Time for another update and pictures.
I did my water change on Fri night after lights out. FTR, right now, my system takes exactly 5 gallone to get the water lever to 2" below the netpot.
I also dropped the nute concentration from 600/500 ppm to 500/500 because she was drinking normal, pH was steady but the nute ppm was slowly climbing. So I lowered it 100ppm. I've also cut the Cal-Mag down to 1/4 of the recomended dosage, 1/4ml per liter. She has finally started getting red pistils, but still growing PLENTY of new white ones.
...And that main cola. WOW! She has gotten both taller and fatter! On My Budda!!!! looks like a monolith.

IMG_20230528_150540.jpg
IMG_20230528_150552.jpg
IMG_20230528_150616.jpgIMG_20230528_150625.jpg

...and not to overlook Ms Motther Earth.
Since I started adding Age Old Bloom to her water, she totally stopped the Phophorus deficiency spots on the fan leaves and she has taken off on another major growth spurt. Enjoy her fall colors. She's 6 1/2 weeks into 12/12.

First up is a side by side with her sister pheno.
IMG_20230528_150336.jpg
IMG_20230528_150425.jpg
IMG_20230528_150439.jpg
IMG_20230528_150457.jpg

So glad to see that A mans advice worked.
I learned something I will not forget.
Your plants look 100% better and I can finally follow and not wonder WTF is going on.
BIG congrats man~!

Back
Top Bottom