Just another newb, newbing it’s up!

Update:
Girls seem to be happy. Feeding every watering with the MaxiBloom starting to see a few yellow leaves hopefully not lacking N and just a normal thing.
Built this “hoop house” this week with 1/2” PVC and 6Mil UV resident geeenhouse poly.
Got 2 fans blowing up into the canopy, do y’all think I should adjust?
Hopefully with the gaps on the sides, underneath and up top I have good airflow.
View attachment 20284View attachment 20285View attachment 20286View attachment 20287View attachment 20288View attachment 20289View attachment 20290View attachment 20291
Nice DIY greenhouse. Not sure how it will hold up but I’ll steal ideas that work. 👍

This the reason for all this🤦🏻‍♂️ DUMPED last night and been raining ever since, we show rain 4 days 80% chance and the Humidity has been chocking! 90 something degrees the past couple days and headed for low 70’s 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ NY at it finest
View attachment 20380
Not just NY. We feel your pain here as well bro. 👊

Let’s hope it’s over going forward. 🍀

You can see the yellowing next to the darker leaves in some of these photos
Also in the big single leaf photo this plant has a ton of leaves with these really little dots??? Thoughts??
Also I added another fan today to blow across the tops…
View attachment 20444View attachment 20445View attachment 20446View attachment 20447View attachment 20443View attachment 20448
I get the multi color leaves too. Usually it’s an entire branch here/there. No idea why or answers yet.

IMG_4727.jpeg

If you zoom in bottom middle to right you’ll see I have three branches like that. A concern but no idea why yet. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks Smoke, these dots are hard textured and don’t rub off…is the N deficiency ok at this point in flower? I cut out the heavy N a week or so ago they should have about 4-5 weeks left of flower but I can bump the N again if need be…?
G$ thought I cut N back too soon. So I hope I’m going to improve.

Have you checked for bugs? I got aphids this summer from a gifted clone. My first clue was little dots but I need new glasses. You should be able to see better. Look under the leaves for them. They hide in the joints and vanes.

If getting worse they will move to new areas and stems.

G$ thought I cut N back too soon. So I hope I’m going to improve.

Have you checked for bugs? I got aphids this summer from a gifted clone. My first clue was little dots but I need new glasses. You should be able to see better. Look under the leaves for them. They hide in the joints and vanes.

If getting worse they will move to new areas and stems.
Yeah I'm pretty sure he pulled that leaf and found aphids underneath.

Nice DIY greenhouse. Not sure how it will hold up but I’ll steal ideas that work. 👍
Luckily it’s on the south side of my house and tight so it dosent get battered to hell by the wind.
I created a pocked on either by folding the plastic and taping then ran 1/2” all-thread rod the whole length on either side for weight and equal pul downward. When I installed I made sure taped pocket was on the inside so it would be less app to come apart due to rain/moisture.
Relatively cheap for a test. I have the ability to start indoors finally and hope to start soon but would like to continue a plat or two outside every year for fun/learning and if I can bump my success rate by trying this stuff then why not. 45691AC1-BC56-4ACD-A3B9-21544952EC26.jpeg0B1091B4-F3AD-404C-8E21-C2DB3771554E.jpeg72778268-86EF-425D-A677-1922DCB466F9.jpeg

I’ve got a cheap nylon net over Twin2. About 6” holes. Stapled to two 1x1 for weight and ease of use. More trellis than SCROG. I did HST and then put the net over top to keep it down and then hold it together in storms. It worked. It’s lightbulb shape under the net, no leaves below.

Sort of your idea but with a net not plastic.

Thanks for pics. Helps with ideas later. 👍

Late on this but I would be looking for Thrips on plant.
Get Spinosad if you are still looking for a great general IPM. No fan of oils or soap no matter when.
In flower everything should be discouraged, but I would do the spinosad ASAP maybe 2x in 1 week and get it over with if you are going to do anything.
It is possible you need to do nothing? It will be getting cooler at nights soon enough.
Nice hoop house you got there.(y)

Late on this but I would be looking for Thrips on plant.
Get Spinosad if you are still looking for a great general IPM. No fan of oils or soap no matter when.
In flower everything should be discouraged, but I would do the spinosad ASAP maybe 2x in 1 week and get it over with if you are going to do anything.
It is possible you need to do nothing? It will be getting cooler at nights soon enough.
Nice hoop house you got there.(y)
Right now everyone looks happy, short of the little dots and the N deficiency… there are plenty of lady bugs and spiders currently and nights are dropping to low 50’s…at this point I may just ride this out, less than a month left on these (probably) hate to f things up now 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Right now everyone looks happy, short of the little dots and the N deficiency… there are plenty of lady bugs and spiders currently and nights are dropping to low 50’s…at this point I may just ride this out, less than a month left on these (probably) hate to f things up now 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
Agree. Other than those white spots they look happy. I guess just keep an eye on 'em and ride it to harvest.

Update:
Well I was underneath my girls this week pulling all the yellows and dead leave telling myself “my word these girls are just beautiful” having a great time, finished up and was walking inside when something caught my eye. Walked over for a closer look and yup, bud rot 💔.
One of my tallest collas, the very tip. I bagged it and cut it off. Two days later another. Just the upper tips, it’s soooo weird. The area MOST exposed to the sun, MOST open to dry properly, it dosent make sense. Sooo after all my work now I’m on bud rot watch 💔💔💔💔
253FD493-468D-4B25-A503-0C7C50C42407.jpeg
Outside of that the Frosted Black Cherry is just beautiful and Purple Punch Cookies smells sooo good 🤤 I can’t stop smelling my fingers after trimming 🤣🤣
I did put a timer on the fans so they turn off at sunset and on at sunrise in an effort to not blow cool dew air across them.
A6D3A76E-801B-458D-9310-DB18560B58AC.jpeg75EA732A-B955-45F6-B767-A69F69D31CD2.jpeg19C8D870-4DAF-4152-B6C3-247B50B1FD3F.jpeg3C19FF98-761D-4414-8994-FF1DFCDCCD45.jpeg74B44281-49E9-4062-889B-9EB20061BDFB.jpeg

Rather than shutting off the fan can you set it to its lowest setting? Your plants transpire at night so having air movement would be good to push some of the transpiration out of the canopy. Not sure how breezy it gets at night and if it does then you should be good but if not air moving through the plants is always good and can help in reducing any mold even cool damp night air.

Update:
Well I was underneath my girls this week pulling all the yellows and dead leave telling myself “my word these girls are just beautiful” having a great time, finished up and was walking inside when something caught my eye. Walked over for a closer look and yup, bud rot 💔.
One of my tallest collas, the very tip. I bagged it and cut it off. Two days later another. Just the upper tips, it’s soooo weird. The area MOST exposed to the sun, MOST open to dry properly, it dosent make sense. Sooo after all my work now I’m on bud rot watch 💔💔💔💔
View attachment 21964
Outside of that the Frosted Black Cherry is just beautiful and Purple Punch Cookies smells sooo good 🤤 I can’t stop smelling my fingers after trimming 🤣🤣
I did put a timer on the fans so they turn off at sunset and on at sunrise in an effort to not blow cool dew air across them.
View attachment 21965View attachment 21966View attachment 21967View attachment 21968View attachment 21969
Maaaannn. I guess budrot is just ma natures cut of it all? Fuck that sucks bro, im sorry you gotta deal with that.

Rather than shutting off the fan can you set it to its lowest setting? Your plants transpire at night so having air movement would be good to push some of the transpiration out of the canopy. Not sure how breezy it gets at night and if it does then you should be good but if not air moving through the plants is always good and can help in reducing any mold even cool damp night air.
I could definitely remove the timer and just turn them down every night and up before I leave for work, give them an 8hr break🤷🏼‍♂️

I mentioned on another thread I will be the first to say harvest early.
You can't get back what goes bad.
Sometimes you have take the best deal and try again.
My one buddy still thinks he is immune.
It is going to hurt when he tells me.

Update:
So I’ve had to remove some more buds this week, so at 5am Wednesday I was out there spraying these girls down with a mix of 2 teaspoons potassium bicarbonate 1/4 teaspoon of Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castile Tea Tree Soap and a half gallon of water the again on Friday morning but I cut the potassium bicarbonate to 1-1/2 teaspoons. Then Friday afternoon I defoliated the Frozen Black Cherry.
Leaves are showing lots of amber but the bud itself aren’t showing any. Hoping for only one more week but pistols are still very white. 🤷🏼‍♂️ If I see much more rot I’ll pull them but as Steamroller said but I’d rather loose half and have the rest at peak ripeness than have it all but a sub par representation🤷🏼‍♂️🤞
Not sure if I’ll repeat another spraying, my hope is it drys on the leaf’s/bud and because of the hoop house dosent get rinsed off so two applications is enough. Obviously I’ll be checking daily and will make my determination on that.8123B000-1357-4CB4-9CDF-3A269F5D1C70.jpeg828FE047-26F1-40B6-8FFA-E6346D53CADB.jpeg50A86555-4AD4-47C3-8097-24687D5C15B8.jpeg687BE2EB-669F-46B1-8CA7-D6A48CE76F58.jpeg15D4DE96-B976-4980-8186-A6EE89DA3B97.jpeg939B1CB4-2744-4D50-8E94-4BE2AD254036.jpeg

Thanks, you play outside in the north it’s gonna get ya 🤷🏼‍♂️
100% agree man, i cut all 4 of mine down and made them compost....
I also drive by this house that has like 6 or 8 plants in their garden, every day for the last week they have been getting smaller and smaller, my guess is it's from rot.

Im just not one to fight, so when rot starts i kill the entire plant. My landlord doesnt want plants on the property so ill always have to grow in the bush as long as im living here, so im done with outdoor until i move onto my own piece of property.

ok guys small update

Pulled my first bud in probably 4 day with rot I trimmed a couple inches above the bud and trimmed her up so y’all could see her potential. Buds are the hardest/Densest I’ve seen which is probably why they’re getting rot. The other plant (purple punch cookies) hasn’t had any rot to speak of but the buds are much fluffier.
Leaves are showing quite a bit of amber but of course I still have many white pistols and actual bud trics are just cloudy no amber yet. To say I’m torn on steamrollers advice is an understatement. I have no idea how much time left she really needs or how much better the buds get everyday I hold out? Wish there was a chart 🤣🤣🤣 feel free to lay the advise on me…. Thick skin and will listen and take it all at least in to honest consideration
A535D894-DB07-4F3D-AF8E-0CA7A0749E8E.jpegCED465B1-7F01-4580-9E1F-F0592A798712.jpeg98F1C2BF-1ABE-43D6-8791-FF84FF40FCDF.jpeg43906228-F7AE-453A-B904-A86C8CFCED5A.jpegDA8F20BD-4E77-431C-9BA1-3A965F65C0F8.jpeg6BD63D34-10A0-48B5-9BD2-CBD5DDD6B1F5.jpeg27A6B460-44BE-428B-A866-D858AA1FC789.jpeg4E5D250D-0BFD-4B7D-8314-89EFBE5FCA1C.jpeg52D45546-267E-4ADE-AED6-70066764FC9F.jpeg

I would say if you've inspected it all and you aren't seeing anymore rot to try and take it to full ripeness.

man, botrytis sucks. it's a systemic infection, and once you see it in one spot, you're stuck chasing it until it, or you, kill the plant. i've let some seeded plants go as long as possible because the bud wasn't going to be used for smoking anyways, but any plants intended for consumption i've had with rot have gotten the fate of G$. that shit can cause a real nasty lung infection.

man, botrytis sucks. it's a systemic infection, and once you see it in one spot, you're stuck chasing it until it, or you, kill the plant. i've let some seeded plants g ito as long as possible because the bud wasn't going to be used for smoking anyways, but any plants intended for consumption i've had with rot have gotten the fate of G$. that shit can cause a real nasty lung infection.
I am not aware of it being systemic.

I am not aware of it being systemic.

in some cases infections can be passed through seed generations, whereas others are presented through spore germination. regardless, once a plant is infected with botrytis, it is infected whether it causes necrotic spots or presents as an asymptomatic infection.

in some cases infections can be passed through seed generations, whereas others are presented through spore germination. regardless, once a plant is infected with botrytis, it is infected whether it causes necrotic spots or presents as an asymptomatic infection.
That was a long read but I think I learned something.

The evidence for fully connected internal spread is so far incomplete.
That is straight out of the paper. So my opinion still stands. Airborne

Back
Top Bottom