Just another newb, newbing it’s up!

Hey, nice big plants, I think you're way too early with the net over top...I see 3 more weeks before they start to flip and they grow exponentially so in 3 weeks I see 3 more ft on top of that net.....then they stretch some.....you may need another level
I've had my scrogs on for like a month and a half... I dunno I probably do it differently than a traditional scrog because I adjust a bunch. I still want long arms after it's spread out. Mine have been in stretch for a bit now. I probably could have adjusted a couple more times, but my nets are close to full anyway and my stalks are getting too thick to bend, so it is what it is.

Last edited:
Here's my last entry of my scrog journal, I've already done several dedol sessions... I won't do another intense one because I know flower will be starting soon. I like below my net clear. I say adjust till your net is full and call it a day.

Post in thread '🌞TSD's 2023 Scrog Under The Sun🌞' https://budbuilders.org/threads/🌞tsds-2023-scrog-under-the-sun🌞.69/post-26742
Thank you! Since we’re both in NY I’m sure to not be far behind with the flowering. I think they started last year beginning of August.
They’re still pretty flexible so I think I can tuck a few more times hopefully to fill this baby up, but will get a bunch of the BIG fan leaves out of the way this coming weekend (unless I catch a good night this week). Then maybe I’ll work my way up their legs every week a little at a time till they’re breathing easy 😍

I've had my scrogs on for like a month and a half... I dunno I probably do it differently than a traditional scrog because I adjust a bunch. I still want long arms after it's spread out. Mine have been in stretch for a bit now. I probably could have adjusted a couple more times, but my nets are close to full anyway and my stalks are getting too thick to bend, so it is what it is.
Try Kyle Kushmans Chiropractics on them to keep the stalk pliable & stronger. It works and I like the snap that happens when I do it..https://youtu.be/la0ejVB7f7A

Try Kyle Kushmans Chiropractics on them to keep the stalk pliable & stronger. It works and I like the snap that happens when I do it..https://youtu.be/la0ejVB7f7A
Yeah I do sometimes, but they got started in March, so they're pretty beefy at this point and it's hard to do that without splitting the outer skin.

Yeah I do sometimes, but they got started in March, so they're pretty beefy at this point and it's hard to do that without splitting the outer skin.
The week before i planned to put my scrog on, my plant tripled in size so i was actually 2 weeks too late. She gets blown around real hard too so these constant storms have been a concern for me. The main trunk is only like 10-12" tall and then its topped like 95 friggen times... Only 2 toppings next year if i grow outside.

That looks like quite the trim job 👍
IMG_4095.jpegIMG_4096.jpeg
IMG_4097.jpeg
I love to SCROG but for outside I did a net I can remove. I’ve been doing HST but using the net with weighted sides to stop storms and wind from damaging branches.

I remove to let dry or bug spray. Then put back on as needed. I tuck when on too but mostly HST.

Depending on results I’ll try again next year and change as needed.

Update:
Nothing to much to update. But I bought general hydroponics MaxiGrow and MaxiBloom to try on these lady’s this year after all y’all’s responses on the Gaia bloom and need to build microbes in my soil. The maxigrow and bloom have Cal mag in there along with a bunch of other stuff and appeared to be a one step process🤷🏼‍♂️ Worth a shot…
I trimmed of a lot of the BIG fan leaves/Water leaves and anything else that looked old. The girls responded really well and they’ve been tucked twice this weeks.
A663B84E-B7A9-48DB-91F9-9D4F33F4EC81.jpegF6E98363-8B6D-4641-970E-E6DCCCF0559A.jpeg4F209F57-158A-48A7-91F1-971AE6E94A7C.jpeg64D97751-574F-4BB2-AB74-5445276BED12.jpeg5BDB827C-DC3D-42FD-B977-6740CB36F252.jpeg
Ps- I took the case off my phone to try and get better pictures for y’all 🤣

Setting them up nicely mate.I’d purchase a net something with 3inch squares to run right across both of those scrogsn for when all those tops come up just to support them all.when I do this type of growvstyle I let them come up around jan 14 and by about the 6th of feb they start budding..seems your on the opposite side of the world you wouldn’t b far off letting them come up?my scrogs are different as I run them along the ground for 3 months.height at the end are bout 1.4-1.5metres..I use plastic wood clamps when they start to split from the V ..works really well.

Setting them up nicely mate.I’d purchase a net something with 3inch squares to run right across both of those scrogsn for when all those tops come up just to support them all.when I do this type of growvstyle I let them come up around jan 14 and by about the 6th of feb they start budding..seems your on the opposite side of the world you wouldn’t b far off letting them come up?my scrogs are different as I run them along the ground for 3 months.height at the end are bout 1.4-1.5metres..I use plastic wood clamps when they start to split from the V ..works really well.
I’ll definitely be adding a 3x3 trestle net when they start to fill out…
I think I just found the first signs we’re starting to flower
What say you?
9EAE2A02-8728-4849-AA9B-195FCBF75F58.jpeg4E652856-A616-4DE7-B236-9A17DFA956A0.jpegDB04B9F7-3503-4FF0-9AEC-B8513AC4EF42.jpeg
If that’s the case I will try and tuck through stretch best I can for max another 3 weeks then they are what they are….

Do you pull off anything that hasn’t hit the SCROG yet or give it through stretch before giving up on some of those that are currently short?
It really depends on how much potential you think that branch has to break out from the crowd. Cleaning up the underside keeps the larf down to a minimum. I would remove all water leaves from the underside. This should promote more top growth. You could wait until stretch is done then decide which branches you feel will get enough light to grow big dank flowers.

Update:

Girls appear happy.
Been doing some light trimming here and there but went after them pretty hard yesterday. End of this week will be three weeks I believe. Been tucking them every 4-5 days. They where getting 2tsp of MaxiGrow and 1 tsp of MaxiBloom now they’re getting fed 1.5tsp of MaxiGrow and 1.5tsp of MaxiBloom about every feeding. At the end of the week I’ll switch to 2tsp MaxiBloom and 1tsp MaxiGrow for a week then stop the MaxiGrow and Just do a TBSP of MaxiBloom.
27E37A0D-3C61-4375-B29C-8E052B4E5617.jpeg565272C6-F916-439B-8273-45500730D50D.jpeg69C98F05-9C23-4F55-A111-E3253F950449.jpegD7A06D11-A979-4B7F-AE1A-14309DAA5063.jpeg7ECF3FA6-6777-4BEE-9A44-20991555C2D9.jpeg

Update:

Girls appear happy.
Been doing some light trimming here and there but went after them pretty hard yesterday. End of this week will be three weeks I believe. Been tucking them every 4-5 days. They where getting 2tsp of MaxiGrow and 1 tsp of MaxiBloom now they’re getting fed 1.5tsp of MaxiGrow and 1.5tsp of MaxiBloom about every feeding. At the end of the week I’ll switch to 2tsp MaxiBloom and 1tsp MaxiGrow for a week then stop the MaxiGrow and Just do a TBSP of MaxiBloom.
View attachment 17506View attachment 17507View attachment 17509View attachment 17508View attachment 17510
Fk yeah bro! Thats gonna be killer.

Update:

Girls appear happy.
View attachment 17506View attachment 17507View attachment 17509View attachment 17508View attachment 17510
I'm assuming the trellis is a 4 x 8? So 4 x 4 screen for each plant? Looking absolutely awesome Bro!!

Just an observation but you may want to start engineering a second layer screen to support the monster colas those plants are going to produce.

I'm assuming the trellis is a 4 x 8? So 4 x 4 screen for each plant? Looking absolutely awesome Bro!!

Just an observation but you may want to start engineering a second layer screen to support the monster colas those plants are going to produce.
It’s actually 5 x 10
I have a 5 x 15 trestle net coming that I was gonna drape and then staple the ends to the frame… not sure if that’s enough??
Fk yeah bro! Thats gonna be killer.
im trying 🤣🤣 im in NY to so im trying to get them good air cause this weather BLOWS!!!!

Update:

Girls appear happy.
Looking real good my man! 👍🤣

Better pick up a lot more jars. 🤩

Update:

Girls appear happy.
Wow dude..they look amazing.

Update:
Girls seem happy and look to have finished their stretch. I believe my last tuck was during the week of the 14th towards the end if I can remember right🧐
Since then I did a pretty heavy defoliation underneath and there are very few leaves left under the strings. Still think I need to thin out above but am fighting my brain on that. What say yeee???
When do y’all think I should add the second net?
They had their last feeding with MaxiGrow mixed in on Friday and I believe I’ll be running solely MaxiBloom from here on out. Ordering some UV greenhouse plastic and pvc pipe to tent everything soon in hopes to fight the moisture as the buds grow. That’s it for now! Thanks for tuning in….
56FCD1E9-2CFD-4BAE-B711-034E8EDAAB75.jpeg611483DF-FA8D-4C01-879D-E46A42BA773A.jpeg7EEB45BC-BE65-494C-9187-90AE148C4D2B.jpegCDDABB10-EA3B-4078-B0FA-B90800E003D2.jpeg321DF0C2-12A5-41AE-8793-99BEA0E57A22.jpegD896581B-785F-43A3-A953-D54F2F0F1F95.jpegA9BF1DDD-DAB3-47E1-B89C-15DA37D58F1D.jpeg

Update:
Girls seem happy and look to have finished their stretch. I believe my last tuck was during the week of the 14th towards the end if I can remember right🧐
Since then I did a pretty heavy defoliation underneath and there are very few leaves left under the strings. Still think I need to thin out above but am fighting my brain on that. What say yeee???
When do y’all think I should add the second net?
They had their last feeding with MaxiGrow mixed in on Friday and I believe I’ll be running solely MaxiBloom from here on out. Ordering some UV greenhouse plastic and pvc pipe to tent everything soon in hopes to fight the moisture as the buds grow. That’s it for now! Thanks for tuning in….
View attachment 19095View attachment 19096View attachment 19097View attachment 19100View attachment 19098View attachment 19099View attachment 19101
Hell yeah dude. Gonna be a massive yeild come October!

Sounds like you’re a fellow NY’er so ya know what I’m up against 🤷🏼‍♂️ But thanks
Saratoga, NY and no longer an active outdoor grower.
I got enough humidity issues in an air conditioned room to come.
What a year for weather brother~!
You're doing great but the fat lady has not sang yet...

Back
Top Bottom