Led light recommendations?

I just bought an 8’x8’ tent. Thinking of a couple of 700ish watt LED lights. Light volt grow or spider farmer? Who can recommend what?
Nice. Love spending other people's money.

I think they all do pretty well these days. Weed can be a PPFD hog for sure, so PAR maps are what should make your decision. Definitely a bar light. 8x8 will be tough to cover properly with 2 lights. 4 smaller might be a better option based on the maps.

People I trust have run Spider Farmer and recommended them. So like 4 of these would be perfect:

1701301869277.png

Nice. Love spending other people's money.

I think they all do pretty well these days. Weed can be a PPFD hog for sure, so PAR maps are what should make your decision. Definitely a bar light. 8x8 will be tough to cover properly with 2 lights. 4 smaller might be a better option based on the maps.

People I trust have run Spider Farmer and recommended them. So like 4 of these would be perfect:

View attachment 31860
Well I don’t have to fill the whole tent but I would like to. My budget is about 1k to 1200

I'll be honest I wanted the spider farmer se7000 but couldn't afford it. Went with vipar spectra ks5000. From what I can divulge they are about the lowest price point you can pay for authentic Samsung diode lights (alot of lights in the range with knock off diodes). I'd imagine if you bought 4 you could get them about 325-350 each. I'll know more next grow as i run wall to wall with plants but the buds are nice and dense and the light seems to be just enough as I'm not running co2. Co2 the ks5000 won't cut it.

Tell ya what tho, as of right now I'd buy another. After next grow if it does sufficient with the wall to wall coverage I most likely will buy another.

Probably a little bit out of your price range but 4 of them would go close in an 8x8….5 year warrantee,waterproof.I believe there is a sister company called photontek in your neck of the woods…I run the 600 lumatek pro in a 5x5 ..I’m not using a ft at the front but will cover a 5 x5 even though they say it’s for a 4 by in flower…2.7p out of my last grow so that says something..

I'll be honest I wanted the spider farmer se7000 but couldn't afford it. Went with vipar spectra ks5000. From what I can divulge they are about the lowest price point you can pay for authentic Samsung diode lights (alot of lights in the range with knock off diodes). I'd imagine if you bought 4 you could get them about 325-350 each. I'll know more next grow as i run wall to wall with plants but the buds are nice and dense and the light seems to be just enough as I'm not running co2. Co2 the ks5000 won't cut it.

Tell ya what tho, as of right now I'd buy another. After next grow if it does sufficient with the wall to wall coverage I most likely will buy another.
Do you have any good places that sell these? Amazon is the cheapest I can find them.

Do you have any good places that sell these? Amazon is the cheapest I can find them.
Amazon was where I got mine...it's almost always 500 with a 100 off coupon. I caught it at 475 with the 100 coupon.

May want to contact them direct if possible see if they'll work a bundle deal for ya? I think you can order direct so there may be a number?

Anyway I spent 375 at the time...but I know they've been cheaper because it said "best price in 30 days" and I'm pretty sure I seen them for 350 before on Amazon (420 deal maybe). I'd probably try to hit them up. I know they got reps on other boards

Would it be better to just get one big ass light? Like this? it says it covers 6x6- B0CD1GYX8P
May be worth a shot then just add in a se5000 later or an se7000...maybe even cut the 5000 or 7000 in half to fill around edges if you find it not enough

If it can truly do 6x6 that may be the route though

Here is a footprint comparison

Spider farmer se1000 - 45x45 inches
Vs ks5000 - 40x40

You could get 2 ks5000s for less than one se1000. You will have 40x80 in light footprint (not including how far outside that they light up) you'd be pushing 1000 watts either way. It would be more concentrated focus with the spider farmer. That to me is the difference....I can light more space with 2 viparspectras but maybe the extra intensity of the spider farmer is worth it. I think the spider farmer may be rated to handle co2 levels of ppfd tho...so if you aren't running co2 it may be hard to use max settings on spider farmer.

Hard decision there.

Last edited:
No names from me, but depending on real space I see 8x8 being 8x6 and equipment in the other 2x8.
I would be looking for 4 lights that can flower 3x4 space.
I would not put all my eggs in one basket at all.
Maybe if you always grow one strain my idea may not be necessary.
I want to be able to raise or lower all 4 corners.

Not a MH or HPS fan?
Big spaces...

Might be out of your price range but I am in a 5x5 with a single Scynce Raging Kush and it covers the area pretty well from what I know, which aint a lot with lights. My plants seem to like it.

Overall, I like the light and the spectrum adjust-ability. I can't say the same thing about the company or the app that runs the light. They underwent new management during the time I bought the light and their customer service was terrible. I never could get the light running right under the app but mostly because I have not had the time to get on the phone with them to get it resolved after the change in management.

I would probably buy these again just based on the performance of this light. It's not that big of a deal to me to use a manual timer on the light instead of the app for lights on/off.

FWIW, when I bought mine it was a refurb, which are lights damaged in shipping and repaired, then cannot be sold as new. Got mine for 1K delivered.

Would it be better to just get one big ass light? Like this? it says it covers 6x6- B0CD1GYX8P
Here is what you want to look at:

Map.jpg

Look at the PPFD fall off the table as you stretch it out. 4' in the corner you are at 1832. 5 foot and it drops to 724 with the middle at 2000.

You try to stretch that out to 6x6 and you will not be able to keep a happy grow from edge to edge. Some plants will be screaming light burn and others will be in shade response. I would not choose to grow that way personally, I have enough challenges.

I guess the real question is what space are you filling? How will the tent be set up? Walkway around the outside or up the middle or?

EDIT: also if you stare at the charts you will see the effect of tent bounce. You will lose a slight amount of ppfd if you grew in the center of your 8x8 for example.

Last edited:
No names from me, but depending on real space I see 8x8 being 8x6 and equipment in the other 2x8.
I would be looking for 4 lights that can flower 3x4 space.
I would not put all my eggs in one basket at all.
Maybe if you always grow one strain my idea may not be necessary.
I want to be able to raise or lower all 4 corners.

Not a MH or HPS fan?
Big spaces...
No LED only

Only thing is I don’t know if it has Samsung diodes. Does it matter?

Edit - it does have them
I think you'd really want 5, but i wanna say 4 would be an ok starting point.

Personally id want 4 of the se5000s but i get the budget thing man.

Only thing is I don’t know if it has Samsung diodes. Does it matter?

Edit - it does have them
Ok, repped Viparspectra at the 420 Forums and have a code in my thread, that said, 2 KS5000 will fill the 4x8 almost wall to wall. Samsung LM 401h diodes were the best until the Evo Samsung came out and they are more efficent but not so much to wait on. Also check out Grand Master Level or GML lighting for spectrum capabilities and best spectrum that you can dial in. $$ though. Spartangrown can get you a deal there. SSgrower

Ok, repped Viparspectra at the 420 Forums and have a code in my thread, that said, 2 KS5000 will fill the 4x8 almost wall to wall. Samsung LM 401h diodes were the best until the Evo Samsung came out and they are more efficent but not so much to wait on. Also check out Grand Master Level or GML lighting for spectrum capabilities and best spectrum that you can dial in. $$ though. Spartangrown can get you a deal there. SSgrower
Dr Style, you are the best for helping the Grommies with the magic codes for saving $$$ star🤘

Man if two of these will fill that tent that would be awesome! Price is right. I would have some left over money for seeds!!!

Man if two of these will fill that tent that would be awesome! Price is right. I would have some left over money for seeds!!!

Youd be better with 3.
You want like 1500+ watts

Back
Top Bottom