Bud Builders - Making Friends, Growing Cannabis

Register a free account today to become a Bud Builders member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on our site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox.

Join the fun and make some friends!

Bandit had a filter box that would fit a furnace type filter in it diagonally. From bottom corner to top corner.
It blocked light and all air had to go through the filter.
That is pretty slick there Max. Tool box on the down low.
 
Yep ..the ol vents in the tool box trick haha..I did have filters on but they were restricting the airflow in as they were only rated at 270cfm ..my exhaust fan is 750 cfm .it was working on low but it was taking soo damn long to extract the warm air the rh was always climbing..soon as I took them off the room exhausted quicker and got the rh down..I need to find a bigger rated one but I have only made two 6 inch holes .need like 0ne big ten inch hole but I couldn’t find one big enough that had flaps but i spose I won’t need to now because no light won’t get into the room when exhaust fan comes on…
 
First defol is done bar the biggun at the front.ran out of short stakes .i wanna just do the lowers and wait a little longer once stretch is about finished then throw some long stakes in…she’s a big girl.lifted up the middle one abit..fed and all tucked in for the nite..I didn’t want to go to town with the defol cause in 3-4 days they are going to start budding.left the top big fan leaves on a few .doesn’t look like I’ve done them to you guys but you should of seen them .no swinging room for Tarzan ..they will b loving that hair cut.6B4288B9-5523-4D90-BC2B-6BD589C48BEE.jpeg
View attachment IMG_9921.MOV
 
No but I’ve been wanting to put one down low..what helps though is when the 2 in-line ducts open down bottom every minute and a half that brings in cold air for about 45 secs .
 
Miss Danny is sure getting squeezed out in there lol....poor Danny 😂.her sick friend is getting pushed out too .time to find her another home or end up on the green waste pile….getting crowded in there now as they are blowing up fast.i can move them sideways about 10 cm but that’s it.
Man it would of been soo crowded if Danny and the one in front of her grew like the others .i wouldn’t of grown them an extra week in veg if I did..maybe I only need to grow them 4 weeks to run 9 in there..there’s 5 big bitches in there 😍.8 more days of stretch to go.i better stack up on finger blister cream time harvest comes lol.
9E27E483-75F6-4051-987E-704C316B2C21.jpeg
EB9AABFB-291D-48BC-B86A-328E944D0B7A.jpeg
BD859534-1AC5-4AFF-9D66-88F6E5623CBF.jpeg
View attachment IMG_9940.MOV
 
At least Stoney saw what I did there~! ;pass

stoney can’t b stoned right now 🤣

Are you 79E7192B-57B5-461A-819A-0694AE0D40EE.gif me Steam 18FF1601-A01E-4537-9827-D1A1CF1E555D.gif
 
Go Danny you can make it. :ROFLMAO:
Danny’s deaf Chem .I’ve threatened her many times but she don’t give a shit 😂.probably have enough on her to roll a couple joints.

I could give her the boot any time now.the back 2 would love that little bit of space.very tempted .lol
 
Last edited:
God damn..these ph/ec pens are giving me the shits..thought I’d recalibrate the pen as when I mix a+b it says 720ppm after a quick stir.pull it out of nutes.put it back in and stir again just for a sec or two. Check…680ppm..do that a few more times it’s down to 600ppm .the reading should b stable not dropping..ph reading is solid..that doesn’t move..so I use an quick cal satchet to calibrate…wrong comes up and that means either change the solution or clean pen so I did both …used another satchet…same result 🤬 so I try the 2 point calibration and select std cal on the pen..use the 7.0 first ..up come rec ,which means it recognises it .okay 1 comes up….cool.. do 4.0. Yep that works .okay 2 comes up..now for the ec..nope…wrong comes up…so I guess the ec probe is up the shit..it’s probably been like that right from the beginning as it was out 200 ppm when I calibrated it for the second time since I’ve had it….so in the space of 3 weeks I’ve calibrated it 3 times…well twice really cause the fucking thing won’t calibrate now…pen has always had storage solution in the cap so the pen probes should b pretty clean with only 3 weeks use..now I have to guess how much ppm I’m giving them till I have another meter.the cheapo ph pens gonna have to do the job till it’s fixed or they give me another.400 buck pen lol 😡.ph is more important than nutes as I can just watch them..have a little tip burn which is why I wanted to recalibrate the pen..I was most likely giving them 720 ppm .
 
I hate meters Max.
I used Hannas when I thought they would be easier and faster for my fish tanks.
They were not easier or cheaper. They were faster when they worked but you have found they needed calibration too often.
Only meter I ever had success with was an HM3 TDS meter. TDS can be converted to EC. The meter is under $20 here in the US>
When I considered doing hydro i purchased the HM digital hydro master HM-500.
I can't say if it last or not. Have you considered a more permanent type tester like that instead of pens?
I see HM makes an EC tester for under $30 us.
HM is the chosen tester for the RO water setups from Bulk reef supply a marine aquarium seller.
They don't fuck around when it comes to marine tanks so I kind of trust them over any other name including Blue Lab.
 
Yes this hanna growline multi combo pen def has a faulty ec probe.the one before was excellent and lasted 4 yrs.i still have it and will most likely get it fixed for a backup.they just shit ya when they stop working at important times in the grow..I know shit happens but shouldn’t when you pay through the nose for a good one…the guys from where I purchased it are very helpful and gave me a parcel return label earlier this afternoon .
I was looking today at a bench type meter that does the same as the pen but also measured dissolved oxygen .it doesn’t come with that probe plus you have to change the probe from ec to ph to dissolved oxygen one and I thought ..fuck that one lol.that’s even worse mucking about.i like this one which is a 1 point calibration .dear but.worse thing is they only have one yr warranty ,but this shop gives you an extended 1 yr..still a fuckall warranty in my opinion for something that’s not cheap..5 yrs would b more like it.
 
God damn..these ph/ec pens are giving me the shits..thought I’d recalibrate the pen as when I mix a+b it says 720ppm after a quick stir.pull it out of nutes.put it back in and stir again just for a sec or two. Check…680ppm..do that a few more times it’s down to 600ppm .the reading should b stable not dropping..ph reading is solid..that doesn’t move..so I use an quick cal satchet to calibrate…wrong comes up and that means either change the solution or clean pen so I did both …used another satchet…same result 🤬 so I try the 2 point calibration and select std cal on the pen..use the 7.0 first ..up come rec ,which means it recognises it .okay 1 comes up….cool.. do 4.0. Yep that works .okay 2 comes up..now for the ec..nope…wrong comes up…so I guess the ec probe is up the shit..it’s probably been like that right from the beginning as it was out 200 ppm when I calibrated it for the second time since I’ve had it….so in the space of 3 weeks I’ve calibrated it 3 times…well twice really cause the fucking thing won’t calibrate now…pen has always had storage solution in the cap so the pen probes should b pretty clean with only 3 weeks use..now I have to guess how much ppm I’m giving them till I have another meter.the cheapo ph pens gonna have to do the job till it’s fixed or they give me another.400 buck pen lol 😡.ph is more important than nutes as I can just watch them..have a little tip burn which is why I wanted to recalibrate the pen..I was most likely giving them 720 ppm .
God damn..these ph/ec pens are giving me the shits..thought I’d recalibrate the pen as when I mix a+b it says 720ppm after a quick stir.pull it out of nutes.put it back in and stir again just for a sec or two. Check…680ppm..do that a few more times it’s down to 600ppm .the reading should b stable not dropping..ph reading is solid..that doesn’t move..so I use an quick cal satchet to calibrate…wrong comes up and that means either change the solution or clean pen so I did both …used another satchet…same result 🤬 so I try the 2 point calibration and select std cal on the pen..use the 7.0 first ..up come rec ,which means it recognises it .okay 1 comes up….cool.. do 4.0. Yep that works .okay 2 comes up..now for the ec..nope…wrong comes up…so I guess the ec probe is up the shit..it’s probably been like that right from the beginning as it was out 200 ppm when I calibrated it for the second time since I’ve had it….so in the space of 3 weeks I’ve calibrated it 3 times…well twice really cause the fucking thing won’t calibrate now…pen has always had storage solution in the cap so the pen probes should b pretty clean with only 3 weeks use..now I have to guess how much ppm I’m giving them till I have another meter.the cheapo ph pens gonna have to do the job till it’s fixed or they give me another.400 buck pen lol 😡.ph is more important than nutes as I can just watch them..have a little tip burn which is why I wanted to recalibrate the pen..I was most likely giving them 720 ppm .
Hey just popped in to have a look, Nice plants! you are going to have monsters to deal with. I love the color, nice green big healthy leaves going into flower.

I'm not a big fan of PH pens either, I don't use them very often. My plants seem to adjust to what ever I feed them ...as long as I feed them. I'll only check ph or ppm if there are issues. My General Hydroponics nutes have feed charts and using their formula keeps ppm and ph in check. The PH strips are adequate for most growers needs and a cheap $20 ph pen for me has stayed stable for years without calibrating. I don't think we need PH pens for scientists, all we need is to be close and consistent. If my pen says 6 and strips are close in color I'm good.

What growing method are you using that requires a top notch ph pen? It looks like a Promix type and Promix doesn't need ph adjusting unless your water is toxic in one direction or the other.
 
Back
Top Bottom