Red Spectrum Vs. Blue Spectrum

thanks guys, i wasn't sure... i must have gotten a bad one. i tried it again after reading your posts and bent the board around a little and three of the four lit up... i'm gonna return it.

View attachment 19384
damn that sucks sorry, looks like like one LED doesnt work, perhaps a faulty solder job

see how their customer service handles it.

damn that sucks sorry, looks like like one LED doesnt work, perhaps a faulty solder job

see how their customer service handles it.
definitely a solder issue....

View attachment DSCN1005.MOV

and yeah that's exactly how i looked at it, i'll find out how the CS is with them. ya know i was gonna buy it from amazon for faster shipping but they didn't offer the lens and i assume that the lens is important?

i'll let y'all know what they say...

I got an email from rapid led first thing this morning. they had already opened a return ticket and said they were sending me a replacement along with a printed return label for the broken one.

i was happy with the service, i was polite when sending the mail to them so i'm sure that didn't hurt. i just kindly asked them how i can go about checking into a replacement and put in the same photo i posted here. they took care of it all without asking me any details at all. thats the kind of service i like!!
then about five hours later i got another email from them saying they noticed in my photo that i was sent the wrong part. they said i was sent the photo red and not the far red... well this confused me a bit because mine looks identical to the one Pipecarver posted. so i asked him, how can he identify it as a photo red vrsus a far red and he replied: "that Photo red appears much brighter than far red. It looks much brighter from the picture you sent but that could also be because of the reflector. Either way, we'll be sure to send the Far Red Puck you ordered unless you prefer the brighter photo red. " which kind of raises more eyebrows with me... so the only way they can tell the differences between two of their products is to plug it in and look how bright it is... so if this is true how did mine get through without checking... kinda weird supplier issue if you ask me.. at least have a sticker or different bag or something... anything is better than a judgement on brightness and thats only if you open the sealed bag and plug it in if you ask me.

but good news is they already sent out a new one and i'll let ya know how the rest of this saga ends next week....

šŸ™ƒ

which kind of raises more eyebrows with me... so the only way they can tell the differences between two of their products is to plug it in and look how bright it is... so if this is true how did mine get through without checking... kinda weird supplier issue if you ask me.. at least have a sticker or different bag or something... anything is better than a judgement on brightness and thats only if you open the sealed bag and plug it in if you ask me.
which is interesting, if they are a LED company, selling LEDs, surely they have PPFD quantum sensors and spectrometers.

but yeah FAR red will look like a dim far red reptile bulb.

the way plants photosynthesize is akin to a room temp superconductor

which is interesting, if they are a LED company, selling LEDs, surely they have PPFD quantum sensors and spectrometers.

Or reptile heat lamp is essentially far red afaik

i personally feel they sent me the correct one, lights are dim in the party room and i didn't use the flash to show the illumination.. the lens makes it brighter for sure. without the lens it looks to be the same as a charging indicator on an electronic device, with the lens on it's kind of uncomfortable to stare at. i don't have one of those meters either so thats what i compared it to..

when i get the new one i'll post side x sides before i send it back..

but you kind of missed my point, if you're a supplier/manufacturer of multiple items that look identical wouldn't you put a sticker on it that says FR or PR on the item itself?!?! it would greatly reduce the chances of sending someone the wrong part... lets just say the light worked when i got it, and lets just say they did send me the wrong one... ok, now i use it and it does absolutely nothing because my lights already have enough photo red in them. so i would think they're product is junk all because they mixed some up in an inventory bin somewhere and couldn't afford a sticker!
:unsure:

i received the new far red puck on Saturday already!! this one worked great and the lens stays on when i turn this one upside down!!

it is much brighter than the broken one but i was assured by rapid led that i received a far red. so as far as i am concerned their customer service couldn't have been any better and i am completely satisfied with their service.

i will be hanging this up soon and using it in my next round of flowering.
šŸ™ƒ

I got an email from rapid led first thing this morning. they had already opened a return ticket and said they were sending me a replacement along with a printed return label for the broken one.

i was happy with the service, i was polite when sending the mail to them so i'm sure that didn't hurt. i just kindly asked them how i can go about checking into a replacement and put in the same photo i posted here. they took care of it all without asking me any details at all. thats the kind of service i like!!
then about five hours later i got another email from them saying they noticed in my photo that i was sent the wrong part. they said i was sent the photo red and not the far red... well this confused me a bit because mine looks identical to the one Pipecarver posted. so i asked him, how can he identify it as a photo red vrsus a far red and he replied: "that Photo red appears much brighter than far red. It looks much brighter from the picture you sent but that could also be because of the reflector. Either way, we'll be sure to send the Far Red Puck you ordered unless you prefer the brighter photo red. " which kind of raises more eyebrows with me... so the only way they can tell the differences between two of their products is to plug it in and look how bright it is... so if this is true how did mine get through without checking... kinda weird supplier issue if you ask me.. at least have a sticker or different bag or something... anything is better than a judgement on brightness and thats only if you open the sealed bag and plug it in if you ask me.

but good news is they already sent out a new one and i'll let ya know how the rest of this saga ends next week....

šŸ™ƒ
Now you make me question the one I have

I'm pretty sure I ordered the initiator puck
1694006705047.png1694006679030.png

Now you make me question the one I have

I'm pretty sure I ordered the initiator puck
View attachment 20269View attachment 20268

I was reassured from them that they sent me a far red. I feel it is far red from the look of my eye... it doesn't have that symbol on it though. maybe thats a new pic and they really are going to change the look of them. if i like the results i will be buying three more. if i get different shades i'm gonna freak! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom