Smoke report: mandarin cookies r3 ethos

MDK

Strain Encyclopedia
Reaction score
Just wanted to post a review of the mandarin cookies r3 sent over from @SSHZ

Buzz is good, good expanse on the smoke once inhaled, definitely can choke ya which I like (gotta cough to get off lol)

Taste is unique, sort of like orange peels...it's orange but more of an organic orange peel taste than say an orange candy...almost sour or tart at times.

Bag appeal, good there, expertly grown the buds looked nice and were pretty dense. Nice color to the buds too.

The description says orange skunk, and I see why but I don't think it was the orange skunk taste I expected. It's more on the peel tart side with some underlying funky notes. Definitely a unique one, haven't really had anything like it prior. I don't know that I would grow it but I'm not big into orange flavor...only had a couple orange strains that really stood out to me over the years, one was a super skunk and the other was called orange soda lol. Think I'm gonna roll a Doobie for one, and chief some now.

Thanks again for the package sshz, if anyone else would like to add their review feel free to jump in I know a couple of yas have tried it.

I had the mandarin cookies r2 I think? It was from @steamroller, and it was very much like what you just described, more sweet orange than tart orange though. But definitely a unique strain, i may have to grow some day cause i really enjoyed what i had from Steam.

I think you'd find the orange skunk aroma to be in the Orange Dreams or Orange Stash from Jeff.
I don't ever really get anything skunk from any cookie strain I've grown, and I've grown a few lol.

I had the mandarin cookies r2 I think? It was from @steamroller, and it was very much like what you just described, more sweet orange than tart orange though. But definitely a unique strain, i may have to grow some day cause i really enjoyed what i had from Steam.

I think you'd find the orange skunk aroma to be in the Orange Dreams or Orange Stash from Jeff.
I don't ever really get anything skunk from any cookie strain I've grown, and I've grown a few lol.
Says forum cookies x mandarin sunset to be where this one started...and I almost got zero cookie vibes from it... seems like they steered it in its own direction...just from what I know of cookies

Says forum cookies x mandarin sunset to be where this one started...and I almost got zero cookie vibes from it... seems like the steered it in its own direction...just from what I know of cookies
I always forget about forum cookies, they claim that's a skunky pepper strain. I know the mandarin cookies has been worked a bit so maybe it's just been bred out by now.
Everything I've had from Ethos has been fire though.

Interesting.........most of Ethos stuff I've grownlooked great and yielded very well, but the buzz's were often disappointing. That's probably 11 or 12 strains now, maybe more. What I sent MDK was the Mandarin Cookies R2. Ethos makes at least 3 versions of the Mandarin Cookies. I grew a different one previously. Many of this current one were mailed away to others and the reviews from everyone were solid. I've found a few seeds here and there too, so it's not 100% stable. I know MDK found a few too. I've saved some of these seeds if anyone wants a few..........

I find a lot of Cookies in this strain. It's a nice, comfortable buzz and I use it in the evenings, but I prefer sativas and sativa hybrids overall. I decided to grow this one because of the yield more than anything- and I wasn't disappointed in that department.

I'm giving another one of these oz's away (only a couple left now) in the Kentucky Derby contest on Saturday so take a swing if you want a chance to try this smoke too.......and thanks MDK, nice review.

My buddies and myself taste a cream like cookie notes on the R3.
I am not thrilled with the flavor of cookies, but the orange does not bother me at all. So I offer this first to friends.
That being said I am almost all out of the R3 thanks to my friends.
^That is the review all really want^ Gone ASAP to happy people. ;)

My buddies and myself taste a cream like cookie notes on the R3.
I am not thrilled with the flavor of cookies, but the orange does not bother me at all. So I offer this first to friends.
That being said I am almost all out of the R3 thanks to my friends.
^That is the review all really want^ Gone ASAP to happy people. ;)
I've not liked many cookies besides the forum cookies and I did like platinum gsc

Been smoking little doobies I need to clean my chillum and throw some in there, maybe I'll find that cream flavor that way. Tastes flavorful down to the last bit which is always nice

I smoked some today and was pretty crazy I took a swig of some RC Cola I was drinking on and it tasted like orange flavored cola....kinda like how you'd get cherry or vanilla flavors over the cola...this was like oranges

So that's pretty wild, name should just be mandarin on everything lol 😆. More I come back to it, more I notice.

Back
Top Bottom